Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Crawford and JThompson is a tasty ETX double act, but losing CTJ would be full-scale wtf.

It’s not just CTJ. It’s CTJ, Rogers, Washington and Ransom that the Texas coaches made a priority and felt great about. 

JThompson offsets Washington and maybe an Eaton or Watts can help with Rogers but WTF. 

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

With Samples gone, we're back to struggling with recruiting in the DFW area. It's pretty clear now how important he was in CTJ's recruitment.

Texas will land Bowman tomorrow. How are you constantly this big of a bitch? I don't think recruiting is for you. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Texas will land Bowman tomorrow. How are you constantly this big of a bitch? I don't think recruiting is for you. 

Welcome to Surly, hope you enjoy your stay. Or not, who gives a fuck.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, IllHaveWhatRickysHaving said:

I know the obvious answer is "I want both", but if I would have told you a week ago that we could get Bijan except it would cost us Thompson jr I think you'd take it.

what if—stay with me here—but what if we get bijan, lose thompson, then ransom flips to us in the fall?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

It’s not just CTJ. It’s CTJ, Rogers, Washington and Ransom that the Texas coaches made a priority and felt great about. 

JThompson offsets Washington and maybe an Eaton or Watts can help with Rogers but WTF. 

In that case, we should all be glad that Eaton is visiting.

15 minutes ago, satyanash said:

We can't sell on-the-field success (one 10-win season can easily be dismissed as a fluke), we can't sell success in the NFL Draft, and we can't sell early playing time because the depth chart is packed.

It's a perfect storm for negative recruiting.

God damn you fucking SUCK.  We're fucking KICKING ASS all over the place with both the 2020 and 2021 classes and THIS is your take? 

If it's a perfect storm for negative recruting, why are we doing so well?

FUCK YOU.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

what if—stay with me here—but what if we get bijan, lose thompson, then ransom flips to us in the fall?

I have a feeling the staff thinks they can pull it off. With Bijan now in (hopefully), perhaps there is a very real, renewed positive feeling in that recruitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is all Mensa people.  Bowman commits tomorrow, take a day off Thursday.  Bijan commits Friday, take Saturday off.  Thompson jumps on board Sunday.

Hell, Jerrin Thompson probably will commit Tueaday just to stay in line, plus things always happen on Tuesday.

17 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz Kurellic finally put in the Texas pick on Bijan.

This Thompson delay sounds like Broughton all over again.  

Not sure about that comparison. The Broughton delay came after a huge swing in momentum for us, and was clearly just delayed because of his birthday (or weak video editing). 

2 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Not sure about that comparison. The Broughton delay came after a huge swing in momentum for us, and was clearly just delayed because of his birthday (or weak video editing). 

Nah. Broughton didn't announce on his birthday and several mods said he was thinking about delaying until later in the cycle. There were meltdowns going on here just like right now from cough cough satya. Now maybe Thompson is a different story but it definitely feels similar. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

2 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Honestly, I think the Broughtons didn't want to deal with the Aggy staff blowing up their phones on Vernon's birthday, so they kicked it back a couple days so the kid could enjoy the day.