Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

6 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

There were rumors of him wanting to transfer. If they don't find a way to get him on the field this season he is gone.

They know how to get him on the field. The question is whether he is okay with being called a rover and whether he is willing to play aggressively like a rover.

9 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

There were rumors of him wanting to transfer. If they don't find a way to get him on the field this season he is gone.

Username checks out.

Just now, Bevo said:

They know how to get him on the field. The question is whether he is okay with being called a rover and whether he is willing to play aggressively like a rover.

He doesn’t need to play rover. He’s the Joker in our defense and it’s a perfect fit. 

If you honestly think it’s a question as to whether Overshown is willing to play aggressively, then you should probably switch to what you would consider a more reasonable and level-headed forum to discuss football, like Texags. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

If you honestly think it’s a question as to whether Overshown is willing to play aggressively, then you should probably switch to what you would consider a more reasonable and level-headed forum to discuss football, like Texags. 

Interesting that you say that considering he had 1 assisted tackle last year. And Texags doesn't criticize players.

Worrying about how to get Blue Chips playing time - wow how times have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Boyd was a top 100 recruit who snuck into the 7th round while Holton Hill didn't get drafted (for reasons that had nothing to do with his talent or performance on the field).

It's unfair that these situations are getting held against us but obviously it's getting through to the recruits to some extent.

stephen a smith weed GIF by ESPN

10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

There's this too:

I think we can confidently speculate without even the slightest whiff of Aggy, that he is not currently a take. Could certainly be wrong, but at 6'1, 230, they may see his frame as maxed out and want senior tape to justify the spot which he isn't willing to wait for. His Junior tape shows good football instincts with absolutely zero lateral agility. The way Texas uses lbs, he's not really a scheme fit, nor a decent enough athlete to overcome fit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I think we can confidently speculate without even the slightest whiff of Aggy, that he is not currently a take. Could certainly be wrong, but at 6'1, 230, they may see his frame as maxed out and want senior tape to justify the spot which he isn't willing to wait for. His Junior tape shows good football instincts with absolutely zero lateral agility. The way Texas uses lbs, he's not really a scheme fit, nor a decent enough athlete to overcome fit. 

The reason he even has an offer is due to his mother saying they wouldn't visit unless offered first 

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I don't get it. That's a music video. 

Rickrolling, alternatively rick-rolling, is a prank and an Internet meme involving an unexpected appearance of the music video for the 1987 Rick Astley song "Never Gonna Give You Up". The meme is a type of bait and switch using a disguised hyperlink that leads to the music video.

11 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Rickrolling, alternatively rick-rolling, is a prank and an Internet meme involving an unexpected appearance of the music video for the 1987 Rick Astley song "Never Gonna Give You Up". The meme is a type of bait and switch using a disguised hyperlink that leads to the music video.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

A long long time ago
I can still remember how
That music used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while
But February made me shiver
With every paper I'd deliver
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Couple of them now. Roach flipped his as well

Pretty sure we could toss a few hundred dollars at some of these experts to get guys to put in absurd cb picks, and get roach to follow. Just for the lolz. 

”Hey, Blair, I saw you just CB’d Ty Johnson to Hawaii! What gives?”

”yeah roachie, it’s totes legit my man. I talked to his mom and his coach. Dude is totally bought into being a Rainbow Warrior. He actually said USC sucks and the Pom girls are all pigs, can you believe it!?!”

”Wow! Great, thanks Blair! Its amazing being part of this great network of information!”

/Roach changes cb to Hawaii immediately

Edited by SydneyCarton