Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Personally, I thought Achane could have done better for himself. And as much as Mack pisses me off, the truth is, he would have done damned well for himself in UNC's new system; out of the offers he reported, that's probably the best "commitable" one he had, if he wasn't going to go to Texas as a slot/miscellaneous guy.

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Wiltfong also predicted Kansas for Brennon Scott and Washington for a WR out of Bishop Gorman that we offered (he never visited Texas).

OU likes Rome Odunzo or whatever his name is. OU will always be loaded at WR as long as Riley is there, but better Washington than OU. 

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

Perfect fit for what we want to do. Catches with his hands and can go. Fits that Jake Smith/Jordan W. mold. 

It'll be nice to have the Quentin Griffen/Darren Sproles little people running back guy on our side for once 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Personally, I thought Achane could have done better for himself. And as much as Mack pisses me off, the truth is, he would have done damned well for himself in UNC's new system; out of the offers he reported, that's probably the best "commitable" one he had, if he wasn't going to go to Texas as a slot/miscellaneous guy.

Yes. Because Mack did such a good job with Marquise Goodwin?

25 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Good chance Broughton is one of them. Other one is probably either Johnston, Jones, or  Sanders. 

Jones is definately one.  They were raving about him at the Rivals finals.  I bet Bijan moves up as well.

When are these rankings going to be released?

31 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Good chance Broughton is one of them. Other one is probably either Johnston, Jones, or  Sanders. 

It's Rivals who always overrates WRs as a whole, so probably Johnston and Smith-Njigba, or something 

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Super K just made one of his trademark vague "more good news coming this month" posts. Didn't specify anything other than that it's not Alford.

I'm guessing the Ty Jordan development has spread around to people in the know.

He’s really going out on a limb with only 25 more days left this month.