Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

43 minutes ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

We could use help at guard and QB

With Parr and Majors in the fold, I think we're looking good at guard. This staff doesn't like to take too many interior linemen.

36 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Bryce Young liked us and OU before he committed this summer. I wouldn't expect anything to happen but we at least have a preexisting relationship with him. 

I didn't follow the Bryce Young recruitment too closely, but from what I could recall it was Oklahoma who had the real shot at him before USC flexed their (weakening) Mater Dei muscle. I think we were probably a close 3rd but on the outside looking in.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

With Parr and Majors in the fold, I think we're looking good at guard. This staff doesn't like to take too many interior linemen.

I didn't follow the Bryce Young recruitment too closely, but from what I could recall it was Oklahoma who had the real shot at him before USC flexed their (weakening) Mater Dei muscle. I think we were probably a close 3rd but on the outside looking in.

I think so too. From what I remember we were second early in his process then OU jumped us. I think it was always USC though. 

That was also before this year. Now USC is a dumpster fire, we can sell a competent offense with great WRs, and he'd come in to redshirt Sam's senior year then have an open competition. 

We'll just have to wait and see if anything happens though.