Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Couple interesting Brennon Scott tidbits from OB and Aggy247

Spoiler

Scott, who visited Oklahoma last weekend, is holding more than 20 offers now that Texas has entered the mix. Scott said it was his mother’s direct questioning that led to the offer being presented.

“It went down with coach (Todd) Orlando. It was really my mom, she had asked why are we coming down here if I don’t have an offer,” Scott said. “She was asking how that works and said she wants me to go to the places I had offers from. Coach Orlando then said ‘Your son has an offer’ and that was that.”

Along with the Texas and Oklahoma visits, Scott said he’s trying to make his way to LSU at some point and may also hit Nebraska. As for Texas, he said the Longhorns now squarely fit in his top 10, which he plans to release soon.

“I had already been communicating with coach Orlando before I even had the offer. Texas was already an interest of mine, but now that I have an offer I’m very interested in them,” Scott said.

Spoiler

I would say it is likely I will visit, but I am not sure yet,” he said. “I talk with the A&M coaches every now and then, but not as much as I used to.” 
Even with the A&M coaches not messaging him as much, Scott is not worried about A&M’s lack of communication with him. 
“I mean I just had my visit with Texas and lot of others schools want me to visit,” he said. “If A&M does not want to mess with me no more it is their loss.” 
Scott is currently ranked as a four star linebacker and is the top rated linebacker in Texas for 2020.

Seems like a wise kid and family that are going about their business. I like a recruitment that isn't all cookie cutter quotes. 

30 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

What do you guys think of Brennon Scott's hudl?  Looks like he plays in space a lot and pretty good at blitzing.

He's really good. His play speed is ridiculous, to the point that I'm trying to decide if his hudl is sped up, but it's not obvious like some are. The main question is, is he an off the ball guy, or a likely b-backer? Off the ball LBs in the Big XII need to be really fluid and be able to make good drops in coverage, while b-backers are easier to find and it seems like we hardly even use them. It'll be interesting to see where his body goes. 

5 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Curious to see if Jimbo decides he's big enough to play in the "hand in the dirt" league. 

Beggars can’t be choosers at this point. Jimbo needs every LB and CB he can find. Fortunately, he’ll focus on WR’s, OL, and no qualifiers to stick it to Texas because of perception.

4 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Beggars can’t be choosers at this point. Jimbo needs every LB and CB he can find. Fortunately, he’ll focus on WR’s, OL, and no qualifiers to stick it to Texas because of perception.

Jimbo is a poor man's Mack Brown and it manifests in so many ways.

4 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I'm really happy about it but it is bizarre - what they need is to save all 3-4 of those ships and hit the grad transfer market hard. they need guys that can play right away at CB and LB. 

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

nonsense, that's what safeties are for...

• Like 1