Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

19 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

This is the point at which I admit that I like Collins more than Braughton, and am more worried about his decision as a meaningful indicator of future performance at the DT spot, where I think they'll both end up eventually. I said that when it looked like Braughton was going aggy, too, so it'd be silly to pretend I didn't.

And hey, if I'm wrong, great! 'cause it looks like we're getting him (hopefully them).

Although Broughton’s tape is underwhelming at times, he’s relatively new to the game and he has the type of frame you’re looking for on the inside. Couple that with his family’s athletic background (like Collins) and the overall vibe you get from both parents online, and he seems to be a player that is going to maximize his potential. 

You also throw in the Houston angle and he’s a big one to get. 

On 7/12/2019 at 7:47 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Did they name the 11 teams? I'm guessing every team in the Big 12 with exception of Oklahoma State, that gets us to 8. Aggy and Piggy get us to 10. Who is Team No. 11? 

Catching up, but my guess would be Rice.

2 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Tarp, why do you need to lock a thread on the Internet in order to watch a movie with your daughter? What a fucking drama queen. 

I’m guessing that he felt like if he didn’t moderate that thread in real time, someone would say something really bad and a screenshot would circulate before he could remove it, so he chose passive moderation by locking it. He knows his audience. 

50 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m guessing that he felt like if he didn’t moderate that thread in real time, someone would say something really bad and a screenshot would circulate before he could remove it, so he chose passive moderation by locking it. He knows his audience. 

dude. youre acting like aggy would do something crazy. like threaten to rape our women or something. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Or he could just be one of the pathetic sadfuck 80% of all other people who are given/take on mod duties who can't go too long without having to exercise their "power". In most cases they come up with some stupid excuse why they're locking the thread when there's no real reason. "Sigh, look guys I'm trying to put together my Daenerys Targaryen costume before next weekend's comic con and I can't do that with you guys on here bitching as normal for two pages now. Y'all are just lucky Indiana Jones hasn't been on."

Basically the type of shit Jimbo has to put up with from Karen once a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah, it would be terrible if embarrassing screenshots of gig em 247 made their way around the interwebs.

20 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

We don't even officially know it's tomorrow,  so no.

He's been counting down from 3 on his twitter bio.  It's on 2 now, but I don't know when he changes it, so it could be tomorrow evening or Tuesday. 

Just now, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Sooo do we not get VB? No emojis from BC. Was a pretty good smokescreen up until today and Hamm ruining it for him, if that ultimately does end up being the case.

Who knows, though.

BC does not ruin a kids commitment this close to the commitment date 

• Like 2

He may not inform the coaching staff(s) before the announcement. 

Hamm could be guessing fingers crossed based on nothing, or based on karen’s confidence. 

These 9.95ers are all trying to parse info so they can make a last second claim if need be, just to say they got it right before he announced. 

Sounds to me like he hasn’t told anyone so it’s all guesses. 

37 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

BC does not ruin a kids commitment this close to the commitment date 

I mean, he put out Lake McRee's and Quay Davis's right before their commitment

BC doesn't always put them out as soon as he gets a commit and I'm sure he'd hold off if a kid asked, but he does send them out right before announcements sometimes

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

4 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I mean, he put out Lake McRee's and Quay Davis's right before their commitment

BC doesn't always put them out as soon as he gets a commit and I'm sure he'd hold off if a kid asked, but he does send them out right before announcements sometimes

Yeah I think whenever we get a commit that Herman and BC ask the recruit when to put it out.  I remember Gbenda's "sshh" went out like a month before he committed and even Dorbah's was weeks before.  JQJ's was minutes before his video dropped.  Just depends when the recruit wants it dropped.

37 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yeah I think whenever we get a commit that Herman and BC ask the recruit when to put it out.  I remember Gbenda's "sshh" went out like a month before he committed and even Dorbah's was weeks before.  JQJ's was minutes before his video dropped.  Just depends when the recruit wants it dropped.

Dorbah's "shh" was weeks before his announcement, and it was posted nearly a week after he had actually given the silent. BC is more than capable of exercising some discretion when sharing silents.

Roach updates on VB: 

Spoiler

I spoke to a number of sources this evening regarding Cy Ridge DL Vernon Broughton. From what I'm told the video has been finished and it was shot for one ending. The Broughton camp is keeping a tight lid on information right now, and they want the video to be a surprise. I think it's telling that several writers on the Texas A&M side seem to be conceding, but I can say that information was sent out to both sides today to keep some suspense going. With all of the digging I've done, I'm sticking with my Texas pick.

----------

I'm told tomorrow [when the video will drop] but it's going to drop at some random time. Nobody really knows when yet.