Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

What's up with Bijan's testing numbers on ESPN? 4.77 40 and 4.57 shuttle

Robinson, listed at 6-foot-1, 205-pounds, said he's surprised even himself while dropping his 40-yard dash time from 4.59 to 4.48 this year and he's looking to show colleges how explosive he can be out of the backfield.

https://usc.rivals.com/news/four-star-rb-bijan-robinson-a-big-reggie-bush-fan-high-on-usc

11 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

So what's the drop off  from Evans to Robinson, if any? Purely on the field obviously, he's clearly way ahead in maturity and mindset. 

They're roughly the same size.  Bijan is quicker with his cuts.  Hard to say on top end speed.

Evans:  A little more physical

Bijan:  More instinctual

Basically, no drop off at all and we'd be doing well to have either.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

So what's the drop off  from Evans to Robinson, if any? Purely on the field obviously, he's clearly way ahead in maturity and mindset. 

The dropoff in terms of talent is minimal.  However, the dropoff in terms of overall gooberiness and flapjackery is sizable. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Justin Wells on Bijan

Hide contents

Over a month ago, Salpointe Catholic (AZ) 5* RB Bijan Robinson took his official visit to Texas, and we heard nothing but sweet, positive things following that trip. 

24 hours later he’s in Atlanta for the Rivals camp, and the narrative becomes Ohio State-Texas battle with OSU holding the edge. It didn’t make sense. 

Well, now it appears that Texas may have been the choice all along. Sources tell IT that Ohio State is looking at multiple RBs, and Bijan might stick with heart, which was all UT less than a month ago. Also hearing the Buckeyes might recruit over him, which only helps the Longhorns cause. 

He’s announcing on August 2nd. We’re digging for more intel and I’ll catch up with Bijan this evening. 

Like with any recruitment, stay the course. Good guys might win after all. Gut feeling.

So basically that whole Rivals camps was just massive anti-UT misinformation. That was where Broughton to aggys nd Bijan to tOSU really gained momentum. 

As always, fuck Rivals. They make up with their shitty recruiting rankings by being wrong all the time about where those mis-ranked prospects will go. 

18 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

What's up with Bijan's testing numbers on ESPN? 4.77 40 and 4.57 shuttle

Those numbers are like two years old. He’s probably close to a 4.5. ESPN’s testing numbers are almost always way off because they’re super outdated.

19 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

They're roughly the same size.  Bijan is quicker with his cuts.  Hard to say on top end speed.

Evans:  A little more physical

Bijan:  More instinctual

Basically, no drop off at all and we'd be doing well to have either.

Bijan seems to be a better cultural fit and team player. Evans comes off as if it's all about him. Of course, he's young and in the right environment those wrinkles might get smoothed out, but that doesn't appear to be a concern with Bijan. Either should do great things if the o-line shapes up like it appears to be.

Edited by sith_horn

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

We’ve run over Drayton, backed up over him, and then run over him again, but the word is that he, Beck and Carrington worked the hell out of this and never quit and got it done, if the course stays. OSU has been notified. This is a good kid and family and they’re looking to announce and stick. 

Could get Thompson, Thompson and Robinson in a streak over a few days here. Awesome. 

source.gif

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Putting aside any off field/mental makeup concerns, I think there is a drop off on the physical skill side, but it’s a small one.

Like dropping from Ricky to Cedric. 

Just to see, I added the following to the class calculator: Bijan, Quentin Johnston, Pouncey (don't know who else we're targeting at CB), Collins, CTJ, J. Thompson, LVBS, Brennan Scott (don't know who else we're going after for LB), and Ty Jordan. We get to 281.31 (20 total players, 5th right now, 6th overall in 2019)

1 minute ago, Dummy said:

Just to see, I added the following to the class calculator: Bijan, Quentin Johnston, Pouncey (don't know who else we're targeting at CB), Collins, CTJ, J. Thompson, LVBS, Brennan Scott (don't know who else we're going after for LB), and Ty Jordan. We get to 281.31 (20 total players, 5th right now, 6th overall in 2019)

How many commits would that put us at?

6 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

How many commits would that put us at?

20 total and I think we take one more WR, but don't want to add Wilson and screw up the purpose of trying to find a semi-realistic finish. 

Edited by Dummy
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Somewhere out there I saw an article that compared the skill sets of Evans, McClellan, and Bijan by one of the Texas sites. I believe it was around the time McClellan was visiting and Evans released his top 5.

Dont remember everything but after reading that I thought Robinson was the best fit for our offense.

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

Somewhere out there I saw an article that compared the skill sets of Evans, McClellan, and Bijan by one of the Texas sites. I believe it was around the time McClellan was visiting and Evans released his top 5.

Dont remember everything but after reading that I thought Robinson was the best fit for our offense.

It was from Ian Boyd at Inside Texas.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

We’ve run over Drayton, backed up over him, and then run over him again, but the word is that he, Beck and Carrington worked the hell out of this and never quit and got it done, if the course stays. OSU has been notified. This is a good kid and family and they’re looking to announce and stick. 

Could get Thompson, Thompson and Robinson in a streak over a few days here. Awesome. 

And all because Vodka Tom is skeered of Jimbo and trying to upstage the commitment of Haynes King to the state's premiere SEC program. Sad, really.

• Like 1