Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

13 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Super K update on Bijan:

Hide contents

With Bijan Robinson, expected to announce later this week, it seemed all be sealed up for Ohio State.

But reports began emerging this morning that Robinson may be rethinking things.

I am told that this is indeed true. I’m told that Ohio State no longer feels confident and their staff is unaware of the reasons. I am told however that it was related to the “family”.

This leads me back to the conversation I had with Bijan’s mother immediately after his official visit to Texas. As I mentioned, it seemed very clear that she had a preference for Texas and USC.

Here’s a quote from a report I posted on July 10th…

“Based on the conversation I had with Bijan’s mother, if he does choose Ohio State, I’ll take it as a sign that Bijan was adamant that Ohio State was the right spot for him. As, I didn’t get the sense that Ohio State would be mom’s first or even second choice.”

I think it’s probably time I go ahead and transcribe some of the quotes from that conversation but needless to say, if the family has indeed intervened (and I am told they have), then this is potentially huge.

Robinson is the best RB in the country IMO and I’ve seen all the big ones.

I will note that Robinson has an aunt who lives near USC. I say that to remind you all that reporting Ohio State is back down the list, doesn’t necessarily mean Texas is the winner. But again, if it goes mom’s way…I think Texas is a tough out.

Update: USC mod says “Texas getting a good one then”

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dummy said:

Fong just followed up on Texas boards with "A Texas source has been hinting something big coming soon and that the class ranking would be shooting up. Not sure if he was/is referring to Bijan as I type this out."

Thompson + Bijan on the same day would certainly fit this description..

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Bijan Fong'd to Texas.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

I knew this could would comeback to us.. just didn't expect it this fast.  Kid just needed to get off that tosu/anti Texas vibe from the rivals challenge from a few weeks ago

I also knew that this could would should might comeback to us, and I did expect it this fast, sort of. 

28 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Even if Drayton lands Bijan, a RB coach Landing two guys at his position in three years and not helping out with other positions doesn’t justify his performance and we’re still wasting 3 spots on WR and TE.

Drayton??? Lol, Bijan's recruitment was all Tim Beck.

• Like 4