Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Let’s be clear, if this guy were to wind up committing to Arizona, the level of unhinged I think we could accomplish would reach new territory. I’m talking, there’s-a-killer-in-a-clownsuit-on-this-yacht -level of panic and shrieking. I’ll be riding shotgun on the hysteria. If this guy isn’t going to Ohio State, we have got to get him on board. 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

If you can think of anything that reminds you less of CTJ than a busty Gypsy bellydancer, please enlighten us.

I don't like to imagine CTJ in all of his vaingloriousness. When I think of the Notre Dame Cathedral, I think of the gif described in your post because the novel by Victor Hugo was extremely depressing to read.

Just now, UDontKnow said:

I don't like to imagine CTJ in all of his vaingloriousness. When I think of the Notre Dame Cathedral, I think of the gif described in your post because the novel by Victor Hugo was extremely depressing to read.

You actually read Hunchback of Notre Dame? I can't imagine a situation that would ever be top of my reading list. Damn, more power to you.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

You actually read Hunchback of Notre Dame? I can't imagine a situation that would ever be top of my reading list. Damn, more power to you.

I read it during the summer after 6th grade...nothing like the Disney movie. It made 12 year old UDontKnow depressed about the nature of mankind. Over 30 years later, not much has changed.

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We still haven't seen that golden Quasimodo post-Jahari...

CSB: CTJ originally spelled it "quasimoto" so, in my confusion, I googled "golden quasimoto" and saw the following, which didn't make sense until today.

ba2232b9e0e0db28b0564c1089fc3f64--hiphop

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Angulo knows less on this one than what some of us have already posted today. You’re being irrationally obtuse today, TARS. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, texifornia said:

For me at least, it was required reading sometime in middle school.

It's been a long time, but IIRC the book ends with Esmeralda being hung from the neck until she asphyxiates (the noose doesn't break her neck, so Quasimodo has to watch her writhe in pain until she suffocates) for witchcraft or something. Her body is tossed into the Seine where Quasimodo leaps in after her and drowns.

edit: so my recollection wasn't exact, apparently he just finds her body in a mass grave, lays beside it, and eventually starves to death. Lame.

Edited by satyanash

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

For me at least, it was required reading sometime in middle school.

It's been a long time, but IIRC the book ends with Esmeralda being hung from the neck until she asphyxiates (the noose doesn't break her neck, so Quasimodo has to watch her writhe in pain until she suffocates) for witchcraft or something. Her body is tossed into the Seine where Quasimodo leaps in after her and drowns.

Spoiler broseph. Do you have to embarrass us Indian posters ALL the time?

Image result for Indian gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

And I get what you're saying, but it still rankles me that we can't come up with an analogy involving someone with a similar style to Robinson. Stylistically, his game doesn't really remind me of any Texas back I can remember, other than maybe Tre Watson, but he's a bit faster and quicker, and likely to be bigger by the time McKnight is done with him. I would definitely be pleased with a more explosive version of Watson.

His comp is like David Johnson on the cardinals.  He’s a guy that can take on the workload and can house it.  He has very good hands and runs very good routes.  He’ll juke you rather than run over you but he can lower his pads also. 

Zach Evans looks like Benson to me, a work horse.

Edited by victory88

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

(Not to be confused with Sugarland)

1970 -- Damn long intro

Btw... My Dad had to listen to it on AM radio back then 😎

Then, I'm probably about your Dad's age.  Sugarloaf had a 3:38 version with a much shorter intro so it would get airplay on AM Top 40 radio.  When the song was released in 1970, 3 1/2 minutes was a l-o-n-g song for AM radio.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Remember just a couple days ago aTm bleating how we have no nfl stars that can show up to campus to impress recruits like Von Miller, Myles Garrett, etc. Its not like Huff works on staff and we still have nfl players all over the place. Fucking idiots. 

Also Collins is fucking big. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 5

Seems like he was looking for reasons not to come here.  Good luck to him.  We whipped that uga o-line.  

It’s still crazy to think we’re at the point on our OL roster where we can miss on guys like Lindberg and say “meh”.  This class, last years, and next year may be the best group of recruits in a 3 year period of any school.

Edited by victory88

Just now, GRHorn said:

On the subject of former NFL guys being around program, any chance we see more of Jamaal around? Of the most recent decade of NFL talent, he’s the tops. And at a skill position. 

He’s been on campus a couple times already, we’ve seen pics. I think he’s moved back to Texas but I’m not sure. His Instagram is filled with pics of him and orakpo and former UT teammates. 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He’s been on campus a couple times already, we’ve seen pics. I think he’s moved back to Texas but I’m not sure. His Instagram is filled with pics of him and orakpo and former UT teammates. 

Maybe he's trying to get in with Orakpo and Griffin's cupcake business.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Remember just a couple days ago aTm bleating how we have no nfl stars that can show up to campus to impress recruits like Von Miller, Myles Garrett, etc. Its not like Huff works on staff and we still have nfl players all over the place. Fucking idiots. 

Also Collins is fucking big. 

I saw that. Never knew Emmitt Smith was a aggy legend 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

If they had even a bit of stability and coaching competence, this whole thing would have been wrapped up long ago and he'd have been happily committed to LA's second-best institution of higher learning.

Excuse me?

CalTech >>> Harvey Mudd/Claremont >>>> UCLA >>>>> U$C

If we're doing greater LA, could also throw Irvine and possibly Pepperdine in there, too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Seems like he was looking for reasons not to come here.  Good luck to him.  We whipped that uga o-line.  

It’s still crazy to think we’re at the point on our OL roster where we can miss on guys like Lindberg and say “meh”.  This class, last years, and next year may be the best group of recruits in a 3 year period of any school.

I am saying “meh” because he’s a guard. I would rather oversign tackles and play then at guard later on then spend a lot of ‘ships on guard only prospects. Watch how Tyler Johnson gets on the field early at guard as a great example of this. 

I also do not like the idea of filling up on guys we identified as sophomores and juniors without leaving one spot for a late blooming senior. Imagine if we did not have a spot for Hookfin last year. 

And I would honestly hope we save a ship every year for a late blooming defensive. lineman as well. This is why I hope we pass on the guy with funny name even if he wants to commit now. His spot was taken by the Mormon Dutchman in my mind.