Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

truthbringerlrac is the latest incarnation of Carl Winslow, a brainless poster who was trying to justify Herman going full Art Briles and taking Marcel Brooks despite his (alleged) wrongdoings.

fuck yes we should’ve taken marcel brooks.  we need some motherfuckin linebackers.  

8 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Putting aside any off field/mental makeup concerns, I think there is a drop off on the physical skill side, but it’s a small one.

Like dropping from Ricky to Cedric. 

That’s a huge drop.  I prefer Peterson(Evans) to J. Charles(Bijan). 

32 minutes ago, truthbringerlrac said:

just tired of losing recruits to colleges oozing with beautiful thots while ut only has nerdy awkward thots to present to recruits........fun fact malik jefferson was getting clowned on ig by other recruits because he posted a pic with girls he met on uts campus while on a visit who were not up to par & it almost played a major part in him not choosing texas......the most recent example is bru mccoy choosing 1 girl over an lackluster co ed base at ut

Go back to the aggy boards

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, truthbringerlrac said:

just tired of losing recruits to colleges oozing with beautiful thots while ut only has nerdy awkward thots to present to recruits........fun fact malik jefferson was getting clowned on ig by other recruits because he posted a pic with girls he met on uts campus while on a visit who were not up to par & it almost played a major part in him not choosing texas......the most recent example is bru mccoy choosing 1 girl over an lackluster co ed base at ut

spacer.png

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

You actually read Hunchback of Notre Dame? I can't imagine a situation that would ever be top of my reading list. Damn, more power to you.

Even while you realize the writing is majestic, reading Hugo is a fucking beating.  Makes A River Runs Through It read like a graphic novel.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, cafe society said:

Even while you realize the writing is majestic, reading Hugo is a fucking beating.  Makes A River Runs Through It read like a graphic novel.

Sounds like Anna Karenina. You appreciate the artistry on every page. And then it takes a full quarter to read.

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Please tell me this isnt true.. I just thought he was a thug or a hothead or something.

I find that when dealing with Futureman, hyperbole is the best fucking thing in the whole entirety of history, the universe, art, literature, and psychology. It can probably make nachos, too.

Can someone with more knowledge of Texas recruiting help me with this?  So Lindberg and Karic were neck and neck, but Karic may have more upside at tackle.  Lindberg could have had the spot if he had jumped on board early.  But he did not and he shopped around the SEC with OV's.  Herman waited until he thought someone like Morris or Fatterson would poach Karic so he made the call to take Karic's commitment. 

Were Lindberg and his family surprised or were they just stringing Texas along knowing that he was going to Georgia?  Recruiting is a huge crap game. Ruthless.  

3 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Can someone with more knowledge of Texas recruiting help me with this?  So Lindberg and Karic were neck and neck, but Karic may have more upside at tackle.  Lindberg could have had the spot if he had jumped on board early.  But he did not and he shopped around the SEC with OV's.  Herman waited until he thought someone like Morris or Fatterson would poach Karic so he made the call to take Karic's commitment. 

Were Lindberg and his family surprised or were they just stringing Texas along knowing that he was going to Georgia?  Recruiting is a huge crap game. Ruthless.  

That's a really nice synopsis tbh.

I do appreciate Roach and the IT crew doing the full white-recruit-goes-elsewhere on Twitter with this.

"Amazing family" "loved talking to the Lindbergs" "great family, I hope he does so well"

2 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

So Lindberg and Karic were neck and neck, but Karic may have more upside at tackle.  Lindberg could have had the spot if he had jumped on board early.  But he did not and he shopped around the SEC with OV's.

Honestly, I'm not so sure that they were neck and neck. Texas would have taken Lindberg's commitment for the longest time, but I don't think that time was quite so long as it seemed publicly. I'm pretty sure they'd already cooled on him by the time Spring faded into Summer, but that's just from reading between the lines. There doesn't seem to have been any urgency in a push to keep him from taking all those visits, whereas as soon as they decided to push for Karic, there were quick results. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That's a really nice synopsis tbh.

I do appreciate Roach and the IT crew doing the full white-recruit-goes-elsewhere on Twitter with this.

"Amazing family" "loved talking to the Lindbergs" "great family, I hope he does so well"

Was a lunch pail or coach on the field referenced? If not, it's over generalizing enough for me. 

Just now, GotThatFire said:

It is Ford and Lindberg with the injury history, correct? 

Lindberg has a shoulder injury that he’s delaying getting surgery on, which he’ll likely need to get down the road 

2 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

It is Ford and Lindberg with the injury history, correct? 

I know Ford had injury history; I don't remember anything like that with Lindberg, but as has been noted, he put on a lot of bad weight over the last year, and has never shown a particularly nasty streak, which is Herman's #1 desired trait in a lineman.

Edited by Walden Ponderer
I stand corrected. I didn't remember the shoulder thing.

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I know Ford had injury history; I don't remember anything like that with Lindberg, but as has been noted, he put on a lot of bad weight over the last year, and has never shown a particularly nasty streak, which is Herman's #1 desired trait in a lineman.

I think T. Crawford out of Carthage is the move IF he gets his grades up.

7 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I thought Lindberg had a bad shoulder and Ford had knee surgery. Didn’t Lindberg pass on drills at a camp or two because of his shoulder injury. 

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Why the fuck would Wiltfong ever put a CB on a Longhorn legacy to aggy? Why not CB the Brock bros too.

He put the CB in way back during the Aggy Clemson game. When we were melting down after Maryland and Tulsa and shit was not looking good for Texas and Herman.

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Could this 2020 class be breaking any better for us? Karic instead of Lindberg. Bijan instead of Zach "Section 8" Evans. 

WR Recruiting is again going like s***. But would you expect anything better from Meh and Corbz?

WR recruiting was good last cycle, with or without Bru.

We had some misses last cycle but how can anyone think Smith, Whittington (transitioned to RB of course), Washington and Lewis is a bad WR class? 

Gatorade POY (Smith)

MVP at an All-American game (Washington)

5 star talent/6 TDs in the state championship (Whittington)

Under the radar guy that had offers from schools that normally hit on WRs like TCU (Lewis)

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Like 1