Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

We had some misses last cycle but how can anyone think a Smith, Whittington (transitioned to RB of course), Washington and Lewis is a bad WR class? 

They signed the Gatorade POY (Smith)

MVP at an All-American game (Washington)

5 star talent/6 TDs in the state championship (Whittington)

Under the radar guy that had offers from schools that normally hit on WRs like TCU (Lewis). 

Fair enough. I think Washington is going to be really good. Silky smooth athleticism. 

16 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Could this 2020 class be breaking any better for us? Karic instead of Lindberg. Bijan instead of Zach "Section 8" Evans. 

WR Recruiting is again going like s***. But would you expect anything better from Meh and Corbz?

I can’t tell what we have with Karic.  He’s light in the ass, got kind of a flat ass really,  but I’ve seen people say his frame will hold a bunch more good weight.  Ok, great if true.  Lindberg obviously isn’t a tackle though. He looked like his feet were bolted to the floor at those camps.  He seems to better fit the mold of 340 lbs sec guard.  So it’s not really a comp to make unles you were just hoping for a tackle instead of a guard.  

Edited by ClubWhatever

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So  we signed Wilson, Wease and Bridges? Awesome job Mehringer!

No, just one Gatorade National POY, two top 150 composite, and a third big, high-upside prospect. Not to mention Whittington, a five-star, will absolutely see time split out wide over the course of his career.

A lot of really fucking odd takes on this thread tonight.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I can’t tell what we have with Karic.  He’s light in the ass, got kind of a flat ass really,  but I’ve seen people say his frame will hold a bunch more good weight.  Ok, great if true.  Lindberg obviously isn’t a tackle though. He looked like his feet were bolted to the floor at those camps.  He seems to better fit the mold of 340 lbs sec guard.  So it’s not really a comp to make unles you were just hoping for a tackle prophecy instead of a guard.  

Anything under 350 isn't SEC good.-  Signed, Aggy

Anything above 340 isn't The League good. - Signed, 32 NFL teams

Edited by billfromlaketravis

2 hours ago, truthbringerlrac said:

just tired of losing recruits to colleges oozing with beautiful thots while ut only has nerdy awkward thots to present to recruits........fun fact malik jefferson was getting clowned on ig by other recruits because he posted a pic with girls he met on uts campus while on a visit who were not up to par & it almost played a major part in him not choosing texas......the most recent example is bru mccoy choosing 1 girl over an lackluster co ed base at ut

have sex

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Honestly, I'm not so sure that they were neck and neck. Texas would have taken Lindberg's commitment for the longest time, but I don't think that time was quite so long as it seemed publicly. I'm pretty sure they'd already cooled on him by the time Spring faded into Summer, but that's just from reading between the lines. There doesn't seem to have been any urgency in a push to keep him from taking all those visits, whereas as soon as they decided to push for Karic, there were quick results. 

I love a happy ending.

6 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Karic is going to be a bigger, stronger version of Sam Cosmi with a mean streak. Hand is killing it on the OL.  Karic is where he should be and Lindberg is where he needs to be.  Life goes on in the world of recruiting.  

This theory is based completely on Karic not being charged with war crimes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Karic is going to be a bigger, stronger version of Sam Cosmi with a mean streak. Hand is killing it on the OL.  Karic is where he should be and Lindberg is where he needs to be.  Life goes on in the world of recruiting.  

Lulz. Can always count on you for the hyperbole. Let’s slow down before saying this guy will be better than Cosmi, and it’s highly unlikely he’s every stronger than him. 

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lulz. Can always count on you for the hyperbole. Let’s slow down before saying this guy will be better than Cosmi, and it’s highly unlikely he’s every stronger than him. 

So my statement that Karic is "either a John Hannah or Anthony Munoz starter kit, depending on whether he ends up at guard or tackle"  is a little premature?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Under the radar guy that had offers from schools that normally hit on WRs like TCU

38 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

third big, high-upside prospect.

you can just say he's a three-star, lol. 

Regardless, it was a good WR class that met our needs. Losing Bru and having to shift Whittington to RB prevented it from being great, but it more than served our purposes.

40 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I can’t tell what we have with Karic.  He’s light in the ass, got kind of a flat ass really,  but I’ve seen people say his frame will hold a bunch more good weight.  Ok, great if true.

Some people said the same thing about Kate. They were wrong. Now, they are begging to have her, a true killer in the trenches.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I may be wrong, but I will take Karic every day over the aggy rubes cubes.  

49 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Since the end of the Viking era, you always take the Serb.

• Like 1

From Greg Biggins:

LV is still on his visit actually and will be staying through until tomorrow morning. He said he’s having a great time, loves the city, the fan base (said he’s been recognized several times just walking around) and the coaching staff. He said he knows the team has a lot of big WRs and the coaches need a route runner who knows how to get open and that’s how they see him.

“I really like coach Drew and Beck a lot, great guys who are making me feel wanted and needed and I’m interested in learning more about the scheme and specific role for me.”

I’ll have more on the visit tomorrow when he’s done, obviously didn’t want to bug him while he’s still out there and he was about to head out for line dancing later tonight so safe to say, he’s fitting in really well and will be back for an official later in the fall.[/spoiler]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think T. Crawford out of Carthage is the move IF he gets his grades up.

Apparently his grades are like if Hoza Scott and Ramonce Taylor were his tutors. I’m not going to hold my breath. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I can’t tell what we have with Karic.  He’s light in the ass, got kind of a flat ass really,  but I’ve seen people say his frame will hold a bunch more good weight.  Ok, great if true.  Lindberg obviously isn’t a tackle though. He looked like his feet were bolted to the floor at those camps.  He seems to better fit the mold of 340 lbs sec guard.  So it’s not really a comp to make unles you were just hoping for a tackle instead of a guard.  

Links to these camp clips?

8 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Apparently his grades are like if Hoza Scott and Ramonce Taylor were his tutors. I’m not going to hold my breath. 

Georgia Pickens qualified when most in the SEC didn't think it was possible 

The issue is Texas hasn't recruited him at all, so it would probably be too difficult to get back in the recruitment over Arkansas, LSU, and A&M, who have all been recruiting him hard

I'd let him sign and potentially lose the 2020 scholarship if he doesn't qualify, since we're going to be light on numbers regardless. He's better than whoever the 6th 2021 OL would be

just read this interview on evans on 247.  kid is quite the enigma, almost like a tortured artist soul since his grandpa died.  he is definitely missing something and im not gonna judge him on that.  but objectively speaking, i would not want him to be part of the locker room though.  he is extremely antisocial

17 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

just read this interview on evans on 247.  kid is quite the enigma, almost like a tortured artist soul since his grandpa died.  he is definitely missing something and im not gonna judge him on that.  but objectively speaking, i would not want him to be part of the locker room though.  he is extremely antisocial

Link: https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Zachary-Evans-recruitment-college-football-recruiting-profile-133930204/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

So my statement that Karic is "either a John Hannah or Anthony Munoz starter kit, depending on whether he ends up at guard or tackle"  is a little premature?

bring it into the 20th century and say he is either Zach Martin or Jonathan Odgen depending on guard/tackle heh