Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

56 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think everyone is missing on the fun exercise that could be guessing the player who skipped practice. Who are the offensive coaches? And by process of elimination, who is the most easily despised motherfucker who has a history of not getting along with...

Kidding, it's not a fucking mystery it's Drew Mehringer. Since technically he only coaches Outside WRs, and I don't think it's Johnson, that means it's likely Epps or Eagles. But for maximum fury, and since we're playing it fast and loose with the starter label anyway, it's Jake Smith guys. 

Yep I will be very surprised if it is not a WR.  Drew Mehringer has a reputation for getting into it with the players. 

Yep I will be very surprised if it is not a WR.  Drew Mehringer has a reputation for getting into it with the players. 

I just don’t see Johnson, Duvernay, or Eagles doing that, though. That said, we know less about Eagles probably. Multiple CBs came in this week for flipping Keaontay’s brother so that kills my RB theory.

Maybe it’s Braun. He wanted to redshirt and he might feel he’s wasting his last year. Better to play than GA next year.

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I am so goddamn happy I'm going out of the country from now until Sunday. Although if we lose to TCU that will not be nearly enough time to dodge the shitshow.

I too am traveling abroad and my wife was in charge of logistics. She got to pick some godforsaken French town with my one request being she arrange for me to watch the TCU game somehow, someway. I made a big fucking fuss about it being a deal breaker stipulation. 

So now she pulled all sorts of strings to make that part happen and I am deathly afraid of what will happen when I tell her to turn that shit off, it’s time to do something else once we start making their true freshman QB look like the love child of Tim Tebow and Peyton Manning. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I too am traveling abroad and my wife was in charge of logistics. She got to pick some godforsaken French town with my one request being she arrange for me to watch the TCU game somehow, someway. I made a big fucking fuss about it being a deal breaker stipulation. 

So now she pulled all sorts of strings to make that part happen and I am deathly afraid of what will happen when I tell her to turn that shit off, it’s time to do something else once we start making their true freshman QB look like the love child of Tim Tebow and Peyton Manning. 

Hah! I'll be in Montreal, but I'm probably going to try to find an activity that takes me far away from any WiFi and just check in after the game. It worked for the Iowa State game last year when I went to Philly and was at a nice restaurant the whole time.

Sports-wise, super stoked to watch my turning-out-to-be-a-huge-disappointment Sharks play the Canadiens at the Centre Bell, though!

Edited by texifornia

10 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

By the time you are turning it off she will be asleep.  

57 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I am so goddamn happy I'm going out of the country from now until Sunday. Although if we lose to TCU that will not be nearly enough time to dodge the shitshow.

Ya didn’t help me either when I was out of the country Thursday to Sunday. Nothing better than a WTF face all evening among friends every time I checked the gamecast. Smh 

Edited by Okcool

Imagine year 1 sitting here bullshitting and a poster tells you. By year 3 you’ll have won the sugar bowl. Ranked top 15 with 2 loses to top 5 teams by 14 points total and with all that goodness. The team is in turmoil. Recruits flipping like burgers at in and out and the defense is gone.  That person would have been negged to Bolivia.   Now I worry about brougton and Bijan.   We essentially reversed July 

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Super K says 

-Eaton Decommiting probably Friday 

-Fillinger could be flipping to Utah

-Pouncey could be flipping to Florida

donald glover chaos GIF

Is it on-field play?  Concern about this coaching staff?  Program direction as whole?  Have they given - or speculated about - specifics behind those expected decommits?

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Is it on-field play?  Concern about this coaching staff?  Program direction as whole?  Have they given - or speculated about - specifics behind those expected decommits?

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess, based on the fact that they’re all defensive players, that our defensive performance/ineptitude has something to do with it. 

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Super K says:  

Eaton Decommiting probably Friday.  Fillinger could be flipping to Utah Pouncey could be flipping to Florida

If true, that's 2 DL, and 2 CB's lost from 2020 Class since the KANSAS GAME... 

And 20 commits reduced to 16.

DAMN DEFENSE!!!

13 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Yeah Eaton was a soft commit.  Utah kid was always a risk to change mind and stay closer to home.  Pouncey probably hates terrible defense in last 2 games.  And the following stats hurt...

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Actually it'd stink.  Eaton and Umanmielen would be OK, but Fillinger and Pouncey are studs.  That'd also leave us with 1 true DL commit and 1 CB.  At that point we'd be looking at aggy bread-like players.

There will be some senior tape for underrated players that will rise to the top.  If I was a Big 12 coach looking for a RB,  I would look no further than Montavien Hunt at Jasper.  Fast shifty mofo.  

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah Eaton was a soft commit.  Utah kid was always a risk to change mind and stay closer to home.  Pouncey probably hates terrible defense in last 2 games.  And the following stats hurt...

True - and the stats and play have been horrific.  But if several of the injured players return, it's not inconceivable that we improve on defense, and end up with a respectable W/L record ... but yeah, didn't think things would be this bad.  Especially after the greatest DB class ever was recruited in 2018.

25 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

There will be some senior tape for underrated players that will rise to the top.  If I was a Big 12 coach looking for a RB,  I would look no further than Montavien Hunt at Jasper.  Fast shifty mofo.  

Herr Kommondant Lemonandaturd is right the Longhorn Fatherland will be victorious no matter what.

44 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Would you be looking for diamonds in the rough? Lunch pail guys that really want to be Longhorns? Give me the 3 stars that want to be here over these premadonna 4 and 5 stars, I say!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Super K says 

-Eaton Decommiting probably Friday 

-Fillinger could be flipping to Utah

-Pouncey could be flipping to Florida

donald glover chaos GIF

Silver lining- defensive linemen serve no functional purpose in Orlando’s scheme anyway. We just need three warm bodies to stand up in front of five offensive linemen. So if you think about it, losing all of our defensive linemen recruits really doesn’t even hurt us. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Eaton has been in the works. Fillinger is probably more about location (performance doesn’t help). Pouncey just went silent and Florida was the biggest competition before committing, that one sounds like more speculation

Exactly. There’s really no recent, obvious event that just happened that could explain a mass of decommits. It’s just coincidence. 

• Like 1