Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

On 10/12/2019 at 10:52 PM, Bruh Man said:

Noah Cain is looking like a miss as well. Two straight 100 yd rushing games, 5 rushing TDs. CDC needs to force some changes on this staff. 

On 10/13/2019 at 1:07 AM, irishtexan said:

You’re not really dumb enough to think that our athletic director is going to go into the head coach’s office and fucking demand that he make some changes because we lost by a touchdown to a team that will be ranked in the top 5 on Monday and people on the internet are mad, are you? For fuck’s sake. Get some goddamn perspective.

Hmm..still feel this way? There's a big thread on OB saying he's gone if he shits the bed versus TCU. I'm glad our AD's standards are higher than yours and the 32 people that liked your post. 

EHcOJ6CW4AIe5R6?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

If you believe this moron on OB you're dumber than aggy

OMG James Street's estate just got a text from CDC that says Leon Fuller better do work or the Campbell brothers will never amount to shit unless Lowell and Ahmad get to turn this around.   We are going to be OK.  Fuck the haters.  

58 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Hmm..still feel this way? There's a big thread on OB saying he's gone if he shits the bed versus TCU. I'm glad our AD's standards are higher than yours and the 32 people that liked your post. 

That guy used to have the humidor texted to him and thought he was getting inside info, and would post it on OBs, paraphrased 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

You're quoting an anonymous poster on Orangebloods? You are a fucking idiot.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

*In Futureman voice*  

Not sure why you'd be excited, he would just promote Warehime to DC for alignment.....

24 minutes ago, Chrispy_ said:

I probably don’t want to know what Collins thought of that abortion on Saturday, but is there any info on the official visitors? Roach hasn’t said a word. 

TFB open post is up with OV notes

https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/10/open-post-tuesday-october-22nd/

• Like 1

Roach / 247 on Fouonji's official.  Sounds pretty positive, couple of lines in particular.

- Fouonji still has an official visit available, but he’s not sure if he will use it. The Longhorns made an impression on the academic side, and Fouonji said that Texas has what he’s looking for.

- “It could be any time,” he said. “I’m going to sit down with my family to see if I should take another visit or go ahead and just make a commitment.”

Spoiler

Texas hosted Midland Lee wide receiver Loic Fouonji over the weekend.

The 247Sports four-star prospect used his fourth official visit as an opportunity to see Texas. Fouonji told Horns247 that he gave the visit high marks and always enjoys his time in Austin.

“The visit was great overall,” Fouonji said. “Every time I got here it’s great.”

Fouonji saw some offensive fireworks in a 50-48 win over Kansas Saturday. He said the highlight of the trip was just getting to know everyone at Texas.

“I would say spending time with the players, coaching staff, and watching the game,” he said. “Just seeing how they play and how everything works was great.”

Fouonji was hosted by Texas wide receiver Malcolm Epps. Fouonji said he got along well with Epps and learned a lot about the program from him.

“He’s a great dude,” he said. “I got to spend some time with him. He really communicated everything well. I liked him.”

Fouonji also spent time with Texas wide receiver coach Drew Mehringer. He said he liked the way he coaches and prepares his position group for games.

“He’s a great receiver coach,” he said. “I got to spend some time with him and see how he works. He was pretty much the same as he was during practice, so that was good. The receivers are playing well.”

Fouonji still has an official visit available, but he’s not sure if he will use it. The Longhorns made an impression on the academic side, and Fouonji said that Texas has what he’s looking for.

“First of all they have a good engineering program,” Fouonji said. “It’s right up there along with their football program and that’s what I’m looking for.”

Fouonji has no timeline scheduled for his decision. Instead, he will discuss with him family to see how things will play out.

“It could be any time,” he said. “I’m going to sit down with my family to see if I should take another visit or go ahead and just make a commitment.”

At 6-foot-4, 194 pounds, Fouonji is ranked as the No. 74 wide receiver in the nation and No. 62 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I can't imagine the defensive players are super stoked. Go win this week and regroup during the bye.

Between the defense, shep portal and possibly Smith being frustrated, it’s not hard to see why. Just keep winning and it’ll smooth out

Just now, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Was just about to say, keep Bijan, Vernon and JQJ and officially land Collins, and I'll be ok. 

yeah need VB in the class too.. defense won't begin to really improve without a base of Collins, and VB. Mixing them with Sweat, Coburn are the makings of a solid..real solid DL

• Like 1