Random Things You May Or May Not Have Eaten.

ROFL BOX

Next to my seat belts I have 2 flashlights (not fleshlights... they are real to me, dammit) I'm sitting in front of a customer's house calculating a gutter project.

I happen to look down & noticed something in the grooves of the top - most light. Ran my thumbnail through the grooves & it came up slightly sticky.

I think it was either ketchup (not "catsup", you damn Yankee) or barbecue sauce.

Tasted like one or the other, can't say specifically. 0fcb9d709be2dbc7c9fe35d4801f485a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Not me, but a roommate in college.  We used to eat a lot of Grape Nuts (what a weird fucking name, BTW).  He eats a big ass bowl of them for breakfast.  I think to myself "self, that looks good.  We should have some of that".  I pour them in my bowl as well and just before I put in the milk, I see a grape nut with legs.  Then I look closer and lots of them have legs.  Like half of them.  So yea, my roommate ate a bowl of half Grape Nuts, half weevils.

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Balut. There was much San Miguel involved so it's possible. I like to think I didn't but who really knows?

Oh, hell no.  I've eaten a lot of different/weird/strange things in my life, but that is an absolute no.

Have done chocolate covered grasshoppers before. Also ate the worm when I finished off a fifth of Monte Alban. When I was a kid, drank some gasoline, my dad had it in a Mellow Yellow bottle, while he was cleaning the carb on his John Deere, it was hot out, I saw it, I grabbed it and turned it up.

16 hours ago, bamachine said:

When I was a kid, drank some gasoline, my dad had it in a Mellow Yellow bottle, while he was cleaning the carb on his John Deere, it was hot out, I saw it, I grabbed it and turned it up.

I turned up a coke bottle of dip spit several years ago.  I realized it after two swallers.

13 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

Swallowed a mud dobber once, but not on purpose.

I think any of us that grew up out in the country, have swallowed some insect. Riding in the back of a pickup, stand up and yell, facing forward, thwap. That or riding a dirt bike, go kart or a bicycle as fast as you can pedal.

Just had to confirm what Balut is. Half developed duck/chicken egg right? Hard pass.

ed68a6a8f7c093809527cddb3957c2f1.jpeg

I had this once during my first trip to the Philippines. Off a street vendor. Wasn’t too bad until the beak got caught in my teeth. Yeah.

Most disgusting thing I had there was dinuguan...absolutely nasty

3 hours ago, Homercles said:

I had this once during my first trip to the Philippines. Off a street vendor. Wasn’t too bad until the beak got caught in my teeth. Yeah.

Most disgusting thing I had there was dinuguan...absolutely nasty

I think street vendor was the only place to get the balut. I know a guy peddling a bike would come down the street singing "Ba-LUUUUTTT" and the locals would go running out to meet him like he was the fucking ice cream truck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bat Guano said:

I was reading about the 1920s goldfish-swallowing craze a few years ago, and was intrigued. They say you can feel the fish flopping around in your stomach. So I may or may not have tried it.

Reveal hidden contents

You can.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 12:25 AM, bamachine said:

Have done chocolate covered grasshoppers before. Also ate the worm when I finished off a fifth of Monte Alban. When I was a kid, drank some gasoline, my dad had it in a Mellow Yellow bottle, while he was cleaning the carb on his John Deere, it was hot out, I saw it, I grabbed it and turned it up.

seriously that kills people..ends up in your lungs and you cant breather and die

As a kid, a couple of diodes from a radio my dad took apart (they looked like candy), various denominations of change, pillbugs, dirt.   As an adult if tried some weird shit but the weirdest was on a fishing trip I took a drunken bet to take a couple of bites out of a cabbage head that washed up on the beach.  It was nasty.  

Hell, used to eat scrambled beef brains and eggs for dinner on the regular as a kid.

Love haggis.

Eat all the organ meats (not a big fan of kidneys, though).

Eaten grasshoppers. And mini crawfish, whole, both in Mexico just last month.

I only eat organic food - if it’s carbon-based, I eat it.

12 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

As a kid, a couple of diodes from a radio my dad took apart (they looked like candy), various denominations of change, pillbugs, dirt.   As an adult if tried some weird shit but the weirdest was on a fishing trip I took a drunken bet to take a couple of bites out of a cabbage head that washed up on the beach.  It was nasty.  

On first read, I thought you had ingested a couple of dildoes; that would have made more sense.

& My newest item was a small chip from a bag of Snyder's of Hanover honey mustard pretzel.  It was sitting on the floormat; I think that was from yesterday's "nibble while you drive" event.

The chicken hearts are standard fare at every Brasilian churrascaria. And they are incredible.
add Kangaroo in Aus to my list  

Yep to the chicken hearts. Had them plenty is South America. And they’re a regular tailgate snack for us here. Bamboo skewer of hearts and a cold beer - good stuff.

Had udder down in SA, too. Not super crazy about it.

Are grasshoppers and whole crawfish in CDMX last month.

I like pigs head. Meat, tongue, brains, the whole deal.

Blood sausage, black pudding, like em both.

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep to the chicken hearts. Had them plenty is South America. And they’re a regular tailgate snack for us here. Bamboo skewer of hearts and a cold beer - good stuff.

Had udder down in SA, too. Not super crazy about it.

Are grasshoppers and whole crawfish in CDMX last month.

I like pigs head. Meat, tongue, brains, the whole deal.

Blood sausage, black pudding, like em both.

I'd drive 100 miles to get decent tongue. Shit's awesome when cooked correctly.

I made a Ziploc bag of chicken hearts and rice from churrasco takeout and took it on the plane across country once. Still one of the most satisfying plane meals I've had.

If you're ever in Hartford, CT, Brazil Grille and Pizza is incredible and cheap churrasco.

18 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

I made a Ziploc bag of chicken hearts and rice from churrasco takeout and took it on the plane across country once. Still one of the most satisfying plane meals I've had.

If you're ever in Hartford, CT, Brazil Grille and Pizza is incredible and cheap churrasco.

I grew up in CT. If you ever find yourself in Hartford, you've made a bad choice.

On 4/20/2018 at 1:21 PM, BearSchlong said:

Over the course of Homo Sapiens history the most commonly ingested protein has been from insects.

That's because most people suck as either hunters or farmers. In a primitive society, if you're not getting most of your protein from eggs, you're doing it wrong. I really, really don't get the hunter gatherers in Indonesia who live off of worms and such. I mean, that's where the fucking chicken comes from. That road it crossed? It was paved by the fucking Javanese Highway Department.