Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Every team playing aggy this year should put 8 in the box and dare them to win passing with 5 new OL, a shaky QB, and a WR room full of mostly JAG's.

But they won’t...and aggy will out-perform our lowered expectations and it will be “wait until next year” once again. 

One thing to know regarding Banks and BCS is that once he was there full time, he hated the experience. It wasn't just that he felt lied to, but apparently also that he really didn't like the aggieness of the whole place. I don't know if the dude winds up at Texas from here, as apparently they're at least talking, but I'll cheer for him as a pure anti-aggie if he doesn't wind up at TCU. 

Also, anyone that doesn't realize that Leal is probably a top 20 pick next year is watching games wrong. Don't get me wrong, I hope he falls apart into a big bag of nothing between now and the end of his time there, but it isn't looking that's going to happen. He's the star of a standout front 7.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One thing to know regarding Banks and BCS is that once he was there full time, he hated the experience. It wasn't just that he felt lied to, but apparently also that he really didn't like the aggieness of the whole place. I don't know if the dude winds up at Texas from here, as apparently they're at least talking, but I'll cheer for him as a pure anti-aggie if he doesn't wind up at TCU. 

Also, anyone that doesn't realize that Leal is probably a top 20 pick next year is watching games wrong. Don't get me wrong, I hope he falls apart into a big bag of nothing between now and the end of his time there, but it isn't looking that's going to happen. He's the star of a standout front 7.

Going from cheering for Sumlin and Manziel to living in College Station is, ironically, a sobering experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

A&M's top WR signees the past four years 

2018- Jalen Preston, 11 catches in his career

2019- Dylan Wright- 0 catches, transfered

2020- Demond Demas, 0 catches

2021- Shadrach Banks, in the portal after his early enrollee spring game

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

With that trend, their future WRs will be decommitting 10 years before they get offered.

18 minutes ago, Fud said:

2022 - Try to pay enough money to top WRs to make up for 2018-21

20 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

It's a good thing your schedule is a shit fest. The SEC West is down big time, even Bama may struggle in some games, as I just don't see O'Brien being successful there. Colorado likely sucks, and your 3 other OOC games is a fucking joke.

yes, i know, every team on every schedule sucks, etc. even bama. incredibly productive argument as always.

and leal may be a top 10 guy after this year if he stays healthy. he's a freak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bizzle said:

yes, i know, every team on every schedule sucks, etc. even bama. incredibly productive argument as always.

What do you expect when your entire conference plays at least one FCS team every year. Replace those 14 wins with a SEC opponent and things change a lot for your conference.

Colorado, Arkansas, Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Missouri, and South Carolina all have 1st or 2nd year head coaches.

7 minutes ago, bizzle said:

I agree.  Kent St looks pretty salty.  How brave of you real tuff rough stuff aggys.  Oh and playing PV on 11/20 isn't dishonest at all. 

5 minutes ago, bizzle said:

and leal may be a top 10 guy after this year if he stays healthy. he's a freak.

This is a joke, right? A&M’s schedule was 46th in expected losses for an average team, which is extremely low for a P5 team. Y’all could’ve gone 7-2 last year without beating a team better than 50th in the country per FEI. How is that not an easy schedule exactly? 

In 2019, A&M didn’t beat a single top 30 team per FEI. Y’all are basically gifted 7 or 8 wins as the floor of your schedule if you can just be a top 35 team in the country. 

2021 is actually projected to be easier. You could go 11-1 without beating a single team in the top 40 in the country. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

2021 is actually projected to be easier. You could go 11-1 without beating a single team in the top 40 in the country. 

Christ...just took a look and this is not an exaggeration. There will only be 2 ranked teams on their schedule when the season starts and one of them is LSU who will get the benefit of the doubt but is coming of a 5-5 season.

7 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Christ...just took a look and this is not an exaggeration. There will only be 2 ranked teams on their schedule when the season starts and one of them is LSU who will get the benefit of the doubt but is coming of a 5-5 season.

The universe likes to mess with their fanbase, so I'm quite pleased that the table is set for falling short of high expectations.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

"Top WR signees" means what, exactly? It's not like WRs don't get to show off their talent at all.  The recruiting stars fall by the wayside and players must show their stuff in practice and such.  It's a different system, but seems it allows adequate opportunity to shine for those willing to put in the work. Chase Lane was a 3-star out of high school.  Prima Donnas probably don't do well, blue collar receivers that block, and do everything else, probably get to play more. Top 3 receivers and receiving yards from last season at A&M vs at UT:

Ainias Smith:  564 yards, 6 TDs

Jalen Wydermyer: 506 yards, 6 TDs

Chase Lane: 409 yards, 2 TDs.

Joshua Moore:  472 yards, 9 TDs

Brennan Eagles:  469 yards, 5 TDs

Jake Smith:   294 yards, 3 TDs.

Even total receiving yards for each team isn't that far off, nor receiving yards/game. 

Edited by PHLaggie

Just now, PHLaggie said:

"Top WR signees" means what, exactly? It's not like WRs don't get to show off their talent at all.  Top 3 receivers and receiving yards from last season at A&M vs at UT:

Even total receiving yards for each team isn't that far off, nor receiving yards/game. 

Yeah well we have Steve sarkisian now and not turtle Tom. So that’s a worthless comparison 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

"Top WR signees" means what, exactly? It's not like WRs don't get to show off their talent at all.  Top 3 receivers and receiving yards from last season at A&M vs at UT:

Top WR signees means exactly what it says. The main point being that your highly ranked WR recruits have underperformed in this system, and the top 3 receivers you listed highlights that.

Edited by Hank_Hill

7 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

"Top WR signees" means what, exactly? It's not like WRs don't get to show off their talent at all.  The recruiting stars fall by the wayside and players must show their stuff in practice and such.  It's a different system, but seems it allows adequate opportunity to shine for those willing to put in the work. Chase Lane was a 3-star out of high school.  Prima Donnas probably don't do well, blue collar receivers that block, and do everything else, probably get to play more. Top 3 receivers and receiving yards from last season at A&M vs at UT:

I honestly thought Jake Smith had 6 TD's. Hmm. 

1 minute ago, PHLaggie said:

could be; i just copied from Yahoo Sports data, and double checked just now to see whether I made the mistake in copying; nope.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/individual/?selectedTable=2&leagueStructure=ncaaf.struct.div.1.conf.71

Yep, he had 6 in 2019 and 3 last season. I think he was hurt, tho. Regardless, he did have 3 last year. 

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Your RBs and TEs getting most of your passing production isn't making the point you think it is.

A. Smith isn't a RB in true sense; that workhorse position is really belonging to I. Spiller.  Smith is a gadget guy and I wouldn't hold that against him nor against Jimbo for moving him around all over the field to get him the ball.  I think Sark probably does something similar with any super-fact guys on your team who have good hands and good feel for the game. I give you the pass catching TE as "problematic" if you're a WR, since that does vulture off the passing game. But as you can see, still decent passing yardage per game. It's a balanced attack.

9 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Top WR signees means exactly what it says. The main point being that your highly ranked WR recruits have underperformed in this system, and the top 3 receivers you listed highlights that.

I'm still holding out hope for Demas to turn it on in between his ears this upcoming season.  Of course, that will only matter so much if he has a QB worth a damn to throw him the ball... and that is TBD, it seems, but not looking great, tbh.

Edited by PHLaggie

I'm still holding out hope for Demas to turn it on in between his ears this upcoming season.  Of course, that will only matter so much if he has a QB worth a damn to throw him the ball... and that is TBD, it seems, but not looking great, tbh.

He missed all of spring too, right? You know for the whole arrest thing. 

Oh, and while I'm visiting briefly, Leon O'Neal is probably going to be a better preacher or speaker on a talking circuit that an NFL player. He is probably setting things up for that career move. lol.  He should nonetheless not get into tweet battles with anybody, obviously. I guess he just can't help himself, or he loves getting a rise out of people. hah

Oh, and while I'm visiting briefly, Leon O'Neal is probably going to be a better preacher or speaker on a talking circuit that an NFL player. He is probably setting things up for that career move. lol.  He should nonetheless not get into tweet battles with anybody, obviously. I guess he just can't help himself, or he loves getting a rise out of people. hah

Yeah, he'll never be an NFL player, we agree on that. If he doesn't know when to shut his trap he'll get his ass beat by someone after football.