Aggy Hype Rollercoaster 2019 Edition

TexArcher

On 8/9/2019 at 5:03 PM, Neonmoon said:

Every year people declare Aggy will have a horrible record, but they never do. It’s not going to happen no matter how much you wish for it. It’s because they usually have 4 built in OOC wins. Yes they play Clemson this year, so only 3 this year, but let’s not pretend Miss State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Arkansas are good teams. They’re not. These are all crappy teams that only make a bowl game because they also usually play 4 cupcakes every year. So they really only need 2 wins to make a bowl. 

Rinse repeat 

Right. Any negative prediction that rests on "they'll have their worst talent at <position>", ignores the fact that they'll be pretty well-coached, or assumes that the weakest teams on their schedule will beat them is likely to end up wrong.

They have four games on the schedule they legitimately should not win: Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, and LSU. The only one of those they get at home is Alabama, where the talent differential is greatest. They'll lose all four of those.

They have 3 games they legitimately should not lose: Texas State, Lamar, and UTSA. There's practically no chance they lose any of those.

There are four games where they should be a solid favorite: Arkansas, Auburn, Mississippi State, and South Carolina. Three of the four are in College Station. There is no way they lose more than two of those. There's a good chance they win all four. 

The only game I didn't mention is at Ole Miss-- it's a road game, but A&M should have the better team. 

So four losses, three wins, at least three wins-- that's 6-4 with the fourth "should win" and the Ole Miss tossup. They're not going to lose both of those, so they're at least 7-5 and maybe, probably, 8-4 if Ole Miss continues to trend down. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

They have a strange schedule,  almost impossible not to win 7 and almost impossible to win 9

Given their 75mm gift to Candi's last husband,  how many 8-win seasons will  it take for the fans to rise up with torches and Thujone's "farm implements" and storm Sharp's castle? (that fucking idiot)

7 minutes ago, Sock Drawer said:

Given their 75mm gift to Candi's last husband,  how many 8-win seasons will  it take for the fans to rise up with torches and Thujone's "farm implements" and storm Sharp's castle? (that fucking idiot)

They will never turn on Sharp. Jimbo, on the other hand, is on borrowed time.

On 8/9/2019 at 5:03 PM, Neonmoon said:

Every year people declare Aggy will have a horrible record, but they never do. It’s not going to happen no matter how much you wish for it. It’s because they usually have 4 built in OOC wins. Yes they play Clemson this year, so only 3 this year, but let’s not pretend Miss State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Arkansas are good teams. They’re not. These are all crappy teams that only make a bowl game because they also usually play 4 cupcakes every year. So they really only need 2 wins to make a bowl. 

Rinse repeat 

Never lose faith in aggy’s ability to pull a complete brain fart when you least expect it. 

This will be the year aggy’s capital campaigns roll off their books. Expect their revenue to drop out of the top 10, down well over $50 mil. 

36 minutes ago, Sock Drawer said:

There are two ironies here.

One, Jimbo's insane contract (salary and lack of buyout) is the end, not the means. A&M is basically a fat, slovenly loser that wrote himself an aggressive diet and exercise plan. It doesn't matter if the fat loser actually does any of the workouts. The existence of the plan is itself proof to him that he's a winner. 

Two, there's one thing Aggies measure themselves against: us. But since we no longer play in the same conference and no longer meet head-to-head, the self-delusion with which Aggies run riot can go completely unchecked. So, it's no longer 2011, when we finish tied for fifth and we beat them on the field, thus basically establishing we were better that year. Now, even if A&M has an inferior record, Aggies can excuse that and claim "WE'S BETTER" because they're in the SEC.

So how many 8-win seasons will it take? A lot. Jimbo can go 8-5 every year for the next four years and the worm will still be turning, the sleeping giant will be stirring, every Aggie would still know in his heart of hearts that A&M was better than t.u. and t.u. only went 12-2 and made the playoff because of the BDF and if A&M's 9-4 Liberty Bowl champion had met t.u. on the field we'da whupped 'em the same way we did South Carolina. 

I don't think Aggies understand the risk their internal delusion poses at this point. They never have, but at least in the past they had the direct external evidence of playing and competing with us. 

On 8/8/2019 at 6:56 PM, SydneyCarton said:

Feel like Auburn has beaten them damn near every year in college station. 

My only concern is that Auburn’s best QB looks like a true freshman who apparently just threw 3 picks in their first scrimmage. I think it’s much more likely that Arkansas finds a way to beat them than Auburn. 

4 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Never lose faith in aggy’s ability to pull a complete brain fart when you least expect it. 

This will be the year aggy’s capital campaigns roll off their books. Expect their revenue to drop out of the top 10, down well over $50 mil. 

At this point I’ll be mildly surprised if they don’t literally just lie to publications about their revenue, flat out. “Oh yeah, we’re still well over last year. 500 million in revenue, maybe a billion ” Do we really think they’re above flat out lying? Its not like some IRS auditor is verifying these numbers. 

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

Your school is historically irrelevant. Fact. 

I agree aggy is historically irrelevant.

I didn't post aggy's win total because I'm an A&M fan. 

I posted the win total because it's the factual truth...and seemed to refute claims made in the post that I quoted.

Again, sincere apologies for interjecting facts.

• Fuck You 14

2 minutes ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

I agree aggy is historically irrelevant.

I didn't post aggy's win total because I'm an A&M fan. 

I posted the win total because it's the factual truth...and seemed to refute claims made in the post that I quoted.

Again, sincere apologies for interjecting facts.

Answer the other poster’s question: how many of those wins are against non p5 opponents? What’s aTm’s record against the sec?

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

Just now, Judge Elihu Smails said:

Which worst season would that be?  2010?  2015? 2016?

Its the worst stretch in program history, you dense waterheaded dipshit. That’s the point. Our worst stretch in program history. And you guys are still mediocre hot garbage. You can’t even win or recruit at an elite level when we’re busy stepping on our dicks. Congrats on illuminating just how worthless your program is, into perpetuity. Please, sing the song of your people and all their championships, Bowl games, takes of General glory including sex with Homo sapiens since 2010. Or ever.    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

no way it's a coincidence that this count includes A&M's best Big 12 season since 1999 and Texas' worst since 1997, no way!!!!!

Just like they choose 1975 as the starting year to compare records. Texas won 15 of the previous 16 games. Texas had a similar record if you go back 10 more years.

Aggie's respond in their best explanation voice, "Well, you see, prior to 1975, A&M was just a tiny, innocent little girl of a school who, though scrappy!, couldn't defeat the big, cheating bullies from that school in Austin."

Or they go to this constantly repeated preface as though it's not rote dogma, "Okay, let's look at the record in my lifetime which started in 1975."

They'll always have their go-to consolation prize: "Our losses are more prestigious than your losses!"

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Its the worst stretch in program history, you dense waterheaded dipshit. That’s the point. Our worst stretch in program history. And you guys are still mediocre hot garbage. You can’t even win or recruit at an elite level when we’re busy stepping on our dicks. Congrats on illuminating just how worthless your program is, into perpetuity. Please, sing the song of your people and all their championships, Bowl games, takes of General glory including sex with Homo sapiens since 2010. Or ever.    

I realize that...and that's why it was puzzling that someone posted:

Amazing that during our decade of futility, aggy still couldn't surpass us.

and yet, they did

Just pointing that out...again, sincerest apologies for the math.

• Fuck You 8

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:
They will never turn on Sharp. Jimbo, on the other hand, is on borrowed time.

Not until year 6+. They dont have the money. I have also said in the past if they get tired of him sooner than later, they will work their ass off to find the smallest of things for cause.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as I recall the aggy-est of multi-million dollar personnel contracts, it doesn't allow for nonpayment due to a firing, even if he's dismissed for cause. 

I think you're right that they're tied together for at least 6 years. Paying him off earlier would be impossible for aggy. And for Jimbo, finding a deal that's competitive with $7.5 m per year with zero chance of dismissal would also be impossible. Nobody else is going to give him a contract that's so extremely one-sided.    

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thanks for the correction. An OU fan defending aTm. That is...probably something that should be sterilized. 

I know it must seem like defending

Not defending...just math

FTR, I would hate A&M if they were more relevant, but they're not.  They're just...well, I don't even know what one would equate with an aggy.

• Fuck You 7

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

I love goalpost movers, subtle yet so good 

To make that boast:  "we have one and you have technically zero," sounds about as aggy as you can get.

The Cotton back then was considered a top 6 bowl, just like it is now.  

That wasn't the original topic either, but you knew that.

• Fuck You 9

I can tell you for FACT that during the golden age of aggy football (since the 100 year decision) they have fewer victories against P5 programs than does UT, during one of the worst periods in its history. When your program gets to the point where fans have to boast about victories against Prairie View and Lamar then you’ve obviously lost the battle to be relevant.

• Like 2

Correct me if I'm wrong but as I recall the aggy-est of multi-million dollar personnel contracts, it doesn't allow for nonpayment due to a firing, even if he's dismissed for cause.    

I thought cause was in there, maybe the bot will chime in.

Leaving the cause verbiage out of there would be a huge mistake. He could bang whores on the sacred grass until they fired him and then get paid.

7 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Go back and add up the victories against P5 teams and then report that fact jack.

TX		aTm
2010	WY,Rice,FAU	LaTech,SFA,FIU
2011	Rice		SMU,Idaho
2012	WY,NM		SMU,SCSt,SamHou
2013	NMSt		Rice,SamHou,SMU,UTEP
2014	UNT		Lamar,Rice,SMU,LaMo
2015	Rice		BallSt,Nevada
2016	UTEP		PVA&M,NMSt,UTSA
2017	SJSU		NichollsSt,LaLa,NM
2018	Tulsa		NWSt,LaMo,UAB

Source: wikipedia

20 minutes ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

Do you really want me to do that?

I don't know the answer, but I'm doing the probability in my head and uh, well it's still gonna be the same order as before.

Your assumption is wrong.

P5 wins: aTm 49, TX 51

Edited by Llogg
  • Like 1

Jimbo’s contract does have a for cause clause, but it’s pretty specific. The only causes are a serious pattern of rules violations (SEC, NCAA, or University), or failure to report Title IX, sexual discrimination, or sexual assault violations. Note that the violations themselves are not cause, but only the failure to report them.

22 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Jimbo’s contract does have a for cause clause, but it’s pretty specific. The only causes are a serious pattern of rules violations (SEC, NCAA, or University), or failure to report Title IX, sexual discrimination, or sexual assault violations. Note that the violations themselves are not cause, but only the failure to report them.

Yeah I was just trying to find a copy online and saw that in Zwerneman's article

“Termination by University for cause” includes “a serious or major violation or a pattern of violations of any SEC, NCAA or University rules …”; failure to report to the A&M compliance staff any such known violations; and “failure by Coach to promptly report to the University’s Title IX coordinator or the Athletic Department’s Senior Woman Administrator or law enforcement in the case of an emergency” any “illegal gender discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate partner violence, stalking and/or related retaliation.”

While they could fire him, he can also beat them to the punch and resign free of obligation to aggy. And if he resigns first, the contract says they owe him all the money. 

Edited by Chopper

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Yeah I was just trying to find a copy online and saw that in Zwerneman's article

While they could fire him, he can also beat them to the punch and resign. And if he resigns first, the contract says they owe him all the money. 

Jumbo can resign for any reason whatsoever and still get paid? That can't be right.

This is the aggiest contract ever

Aggy is full of Nazi queers, I don't doubt. But you people diminish yourselves in your fascination with them. I suggest you take some time to focus on making the Longhorns better, rather than repeating all the Aggy hate that we all agree with.

I believe you, the State of Texas, and the World in general will be better for it.