Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

20 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Tomato potato, go beat Ohio State and no one cares about this anymore. 

You're delusional. Harbaugh could be gone over this.

And we're gonna move to headsets too. Fucking idiotic that we still have this hokey bullshit going on to signal plays in the year 2023.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

That article is from Friday. You are delusional.

Nothing has changed since Friday. Everything that was known then is known now. They suspended the guy last week. 

That link was more for you thinking that no one is covering this. Its literally the front page of every major sports site on the internet. 

8 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Nothing has changed since Friday. Everything that was known then is known now. They suspended the guy last week. 

That link was more for you thinking that no one is covering this. Its literally the front page of every major sports site on the internet. 

Thanks for all your input, Mrs. Harbaugh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

guessing these are the same people who are glued to flight tracker later in the season and off season that are now combing thru this guys public Venmo’s.

That one for “GA” day before the Peach  Bowl tho…

I can’t find a Chase Evans on twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn who has a connection to Georgia.  I wanna believe, but until I do…I can’t.  I can’t believe Michigan would do that to another team, even Ohio State.

51 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

I have no Dog in this fight,  but Michigan is probably the closest comparable to Texas in terms of how their Administration, Alumni, and Boosters view themselves.  If you substituted Texas for Michigan here,  do you think our Coaching staff survives?  

Exactly. This thing stinks to high heaven and Michigan (like Texas) holds itself to a higher standard. Our self-righteousness is the only thing that keeps us warm in the winter when OU and Ohio State are playing in the playoffs. When you've lost that, what do you have left other than a cabinet full of tainted conference championship trophies? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Juicy said:

You seem to think this is about a minor violation of an in person scouting rule that only confers a minimal advantage.

You either aren't keeping up with the story or are wearing some awfully thick blinders (or both).  The story might have started that way, but now evidence has emerged of full scale recording of opposing team's sidelines.  That is breaking other, much more substantial rules against using electronic equipment to record signals.  Michigan's cheating conferred a significant advantage, as demonstrated in Michigan's performance on the field and against the spread.

Harbaugh was a disappointing, under performing coach on the brink of getting fired when this program started.  Suddenly UM is on the verge of back to back to back appearances in the playoff.  Knowing what play the other team is running is an integrity of the game altering advantage, which is why the other schools are unusually mad about it.

• Hook 'Em 4

54 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I can’t find a Chase Evans on twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn who has a connection to Georgia.  I wanna believe, but until I do…I can’t.  I can’t believe Michigan would do that to another team, even Ohio State.

I don’t think these venmos are anything important, but someone on that thread posted a linkedin profile for a Chase Evans that is a recruiting intern at Michigan. It’d be pretty hilarious to be that kid and see people trying to wrap you up in this when all you do is set up balloon arrangements and bake shitty “Texas-shaped” cookies.

Edited by CashMcCoy
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Knowing what the opposing playcall on the majority of the snaps in a college football game is an advantage that dwarfs any advantage that has ever been considered in sports outside of poisoning an opponents food and giving a team the trots before gametime. It's bigger than gambling on games, baseball sign stealing, steroids, paying off the refs, you name it. The notion that it wouldn't have a bearing on outcomes is so laughably absurd that it almost merits a full-blown negbombing the next time some clown attempts to insert it again into the conversation. 

Spit-take GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHYSpit Take Laughing GIF - Spit Take Laughing Cracking Up - Discover & Share  GIFs

Edited by Juicy
  • Fuck You 7

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I feel like we have to highlight the "integrity of the game" issue on every page of this thread going forward. When it's not front and center, we immediately see ignorant dipshits show up with "heeeerrrrrpppp, deeerrrrrpppp, this is nothing, slap on the wrist, Eastern Michigan Tech better look out, herp derp" and then the mouthbreathing Michigan apologists like Juicy sprint in to tell us that nothing will come of this and it's no big deal.

Knowing what's coming on a pitch from a guy hitting the high 90's is a big advantage, but not an overwhelming advantage because hitting a baseball at the major league level is still really fucking hard. Yet the Astros got hammered by MLB, justifiably, for the sophistication and extremes they took it to with the codecracker and videos and such.

Knowing what the opposing playcall on the majority of the snaps in a college football game is an advantage that dwarfs any advantage that has ever been considered in sports outside of poisoning an opponents food and giving a team the trots before gametime. It's bigger than gambling on games, baseball sign stealing, steroids, paying off the refs, you name it. The notion that it wouldn't have a bearing on outcomes is so laughably absurd that it almost merits a full-blown negbombing the next time some clown attempts to insert it again into the conversation. 

Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

Yup.

• Hook 'Em 2

BTW, since 2021, Michigan has failed to cover the spread in the first conference game of the season all 3 years. Then they get really hot.

This year, Michigan did not cover in the first 3 games - all games in which Harbaugh was absent from the sidelines. Then they pushed the first conference game and then they got hot, covering 4 straight. The push came against Rutgers, and Shiano stated at the half that he knew something wasn't right with what Michigan was doing and then they changed shit in the second half, and then reported issues to the Big 10 and NCAA. 

Michigan also failed to cover, getting blown out, against Georgia in the 2021 CFP. They failed to cover as the favorite (-9) against TCU and lost the game outright, obviously. Once they've moved beyond the scope of the Big 10, they've been handed their hat against comparably talented opponents, as was the case on the reg before 2021.

This shit is fucking flagrant.

• Hook 'Em 9

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Knowing what's coming on a pitch from a guy hitting the high 90's is a big advantage, but not an overwhelming advantage because hitting a baseball at the major league level is still really fucking hard. Yet the Astros got hammered by MLB, justifiably, for the sophistication and extremes they took it to with the codecracker and videos and such.

The Astros cheating are certainly the most relevant analogy in terms of taking to the next level, but also for other self-inflected injuries that didn't help. I don't think the reaction to the Astros scandal would have been severe without the shitty relationship they already had with the media, trading for Osuna, etc. Like the Astros, Harbaugh and Michigan aren't starting off on a great foot. Harbaugh doesn't suck up to the media and he was panned for his reaction to the suspension earlier this year. I don't think he has a lot of friends in the media. 

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

This is a fun one. Stalions talking into DC Mintner's ear. Mintner calls blitz, they blitz, and two guys fill the run gap.

(2nd down play, 27:40ish in)

At 28:15 is most interesting dude looks like he's looking directly at Ohio State bench while barking to the DC.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

I understand everyone is a little delusional about their own team but seeing Michigan fans trying to rationalize this as no big deal is pretty funny.

Im not saying it isn't an advantage. It just isnt as simple as "they knew every play before it was coming". Like it is some instant thing that as soon as the sign was made it was instantly deciphered and then telepathically communicated to all the players. 

Did it give them an advantage, probably. Was there any game in the past 2 years that would have had a different outcome without this? Unlikely. 

• Fuck You 11

1 minute ago, Juicy said:

Im not saying it isn't an advantage. It just isnt as simple as "they knew every play before it was coming". Like it is some instant thing that as soon as the sign was made it was instantly deciphered and then telepathically communicated to all the players. 

Did it give them an advantage, probably. Was there any game in the past 2 years that would have had a different outcome without this? Unlikely. 

Guess we are gonna find out because I don't even think Harbaugh is cocky enough to keep doing something like this while under investigation. If they start reverting back to pre 2021 Michigan...whelp

Just now, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Guess we are gonna find out because I don't even think Harbaugh is cocky enough to keep doing something like this while under investigation. If they start reverting back to pre 2021 Michigan...whelp

Yeah 100% this will be determined on the field. Go out and whoop Pedo and O$U to end the year when there isnt a way to know whats coming, (if those schools don't change their signals for the michigan game they are regarded, and if Michigan reads the signs and doesn't think they are subterfuge they are also regarded) and it will quickly silence the "they had to cheat to win" crowd. 

If they get punked by either of those teams well then.....

• Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Yeah 100% this will be determined on the field. Go out and whoop Pedo and O$U to end the year when there isnt a way to know whats coming, (if those schools don't change their signals for the michigan game they are regarded, and if Michigan reads the signs and doesn't think they are subterfuge they are also regarded) and it will quickly silence the "they had to cheat to win" crowd. 

If they get punked by either of those teams well then.....

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

The Astros cheating are certainly the most relevant analogy in terms of taking to the next level, but also for other self-inflected injuries that didn't help. I don't think the reaction to the Astros scandal would have been severe without the shitty relationship they already had with the media, trading for Osuna, etc. Like the Astros, Harbaugh and Michigan aren't starting off on a great foot. Harbaugh doesn't suck up to the media and he was panned for his reaction to the suspension earlier this year. I don't think he has a lot of friends in the media. 

The big difference with the Astros is that the Big 10 conference didn't set up the technology that allowed every team to tape their opponents.

40 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

BTW, since 2021, Michigan has failed to cover the spread in the first conference game of the season all 3 years. Then they get really hot.

This year, Michigan did not cover in the first 3 games - all games in which Harbaugh was absent from the sidelines. Then they pushed the first conference game and then they got hot, covering 4 straight. The push came against Rutgers, and Shiano stated at the half that he knew something wasn't right with what Michigan was doing and then they changed shit in the second half, and then reported issues to the Big 10 and NCAA. 

Michigan also failed to cover, getting blown out, against Georgia in the 2021 CFP. They failed to cover as the favorite (-9) against TCU and lost the game outright, obviously. Once they've moved beyond the scope of the Big 10, they've been handed their hat against comparably talented opponents, as was the case on the reg before 2021.

This shit is fucking flagrant.

It is such a fundamental violation of the presumption of fair play that it infects everything.  You already can see the game outcomes, as you document above, both winning/losing and against the spread.  It also goes into player evaluation - how good are their players?  On face value, pretty damn good considering the dominating results.  But now, in light of this, it is a fair question - is that LB really instinctive, or is the game much easier when you know there is going to be a run and you aren't worried about being in conflict?  Is that safety really well coached and disciplined when he rotates over to break up that deep shot, or is playing safety much easier when you know what is coming? We know their players can produce when they've been given the answers to the test, but if you were an NFL scout, how much emphasis do you put on production?  Assessments on a player's processing speed?  What do you make of McCarthy?  

I'd love to see Michigan have to play a conference slate announcing their play calls to the other team.  I suspect they'd be significantly worse than the usual Harbaugh years leading up to this.  The obvious take away is that Harbaugh had established his level at Michigan over several years without the sign stealing.  What we've seen the last 3 years represents exactly how much they've benefitted from it.

• Hook 'Em 4

I should care about this? I mean, I guess if the rules say you can't do it, you can't do it. But it seems like a silly rule. There are literally 110,000 people in a stadium, cameras everywhere, and we're supposed to be mad that someone watched the signs and cracked the code? 

Aren't teams supposed to send game film to their upcoming opponents? Couldn't they just get the signs from there if they wanted?

14 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Would love to have heard your rationalizations if you had been a Baylor fan during the Briles era. 

"It isn't as simple as 'they raped her.'"

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I should care about this? I mean, I guess if the rules say you can't do it, you can't do it. But it seems like a silly rule. There are literally 110,000 people in a stadium, cameras everywhere, and we're supposed to be mad that someone watched the signs and cracked the code? 

Aren't teams supposed to send game film to their upcoming opponents? Couldn't they just get the signs from there if they wanted?

If you're reading this thread and this is your conclusion, you're dumber than box of rocks. If you haven't read the thread and don't understand what is alleged to have been happening and the ramifications of that activity, then read the fucking thread before posting this kind of weak and uninformed take.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Goddamn man, sit this out.  We get it; you are a Michigan fan.  You have navy blood.  The program can do no wrong in your eyes.  But in the face of overwhelming evidence, an NCAA & a conference investigation, along with 11 other schools providing data, you keep believing there is nothing to this.

Your obstinacy is your undoing.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Michigan’s remaining schedule.  Ohio State and Penn State are gonna show us how much of an advantage they had.

IMG_0038.png

Frankly, Maryland no longer looks like the punching bag I'd assumed they'd be on 11/18. Maryland was their first conference game of the year last season and Michigan won by 7 while not covering the -17.5. Maryland's better this year and I'm assuming they're changing their playcalls from here forward.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If you're reading this thread and this is your conclusion, you're dumber than box of rocks. If you haven't read the thread and don't understand what is alleged to have been happening and the ramifications of that activity, then read the fucking thread before posting this kind of weak and uninformed take.

Lulz. Calm down there big guy.

25 minutes ago, Deej said:

Would love to have heard your rationalizations if you had been a Baylor fan during the Briles era. 

"It isn't as simple as 'they raped her.'"

Comparing stealing signs to rape is pretty wild. Not sure how many people are out there living with crippling anxiety and depression over having their signs stolen.

4 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Comparing stealing signs to rape is pretty wild. Not sure how many people are out there living with crippling anxiety and depression over having their signs stolen.

Whatever makes you feel better about not admitting your coach and school are cheating pieces of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Deej said:

Whatever makes you feel better about not admitting your coach and school are cheating pieces of shit. 

Cheating still does not equal rape. I am sorry that you think rape is in the same reality of anything that has to do with playing sports. 

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan