UCLA @ Cincinnati

Sbbruin

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That's what we thought last year. Sometimes it turns out ok, especially when the loss is OOC.

No. We are spending like the big boys.  Our facilities are second to none.  Our coach is supposed to be all world.  And we still suck.  The pain is more than I can bear.  Honestly. I have invested so much emotional capital into this team.  For nothing.  It’s fucking brutal.

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

No. We are spending like the big boys.  Our facilities are second to none.  Our coach is supposed to be all world.  And we still suck.  The pain is more than I can bear.  Honestly. I have invested so much emotional capital into this team.  For nothing.  It’s fucking brutal.

Seriously this reads just like our board after Maryland last year.

tenor.gif

Edited by texifornia

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I got the impression they ruled TD and then overturned.  That makes more sense.  I still think they fucked up, but it makes more sense.

Never even considered a TD since whistle blew at time of recovery.  Best case for UCLA at that point was for review to overturn call on field of no fumble and UCLA would have been awarded the ball at the spot of the fumble recovery.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Never even considered a TD since whistle blew at time of recovery.  Best case for UCLA at that point was for review to overturn call on field of no fumble and UCLA would have been awarded the ball at the spot of the fumble recovery.

I couldnt tell that at all with no sound.  Broadcast put the UCLA score on the board.  No one quit on the play.  Etc.

Just now, texifornia said:

That said, exploring the QB depth chart is probably a smart choice. DTR looks horribad, and doesn't even have that Swoopes-ian puppydog "at least he's trying" vibe.

Yeah DTR sure hasn't developed into his ranking of #2 dual-threat QB.  Not sure DTR's a good enough passer for Chip to be able to really open up the Bruin offense??

23 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

If I didn't know better i'd have thought this was an aggy talking about their team.

• Like 1

Only first game bruin...its not a P5 schedule but cincy was 11-2 last year

Dont get to down...we lost to maryland TWICE!!!

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That said, exploring the QB depth chart is probably a smart choice. DTR looks horribad, and doesn't even have that Swoopes-ian puppydog "at least he's trying" vibe.

Their best QB is ineligible this year after transferring from Washington. The 2/3 QBs were three stars, one of whom hasn’t taken a snap in three years, and the other is a 5-11 true freshman from Hutto.

2 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Their best QB is ineligible this year after transferring from Washington. The 2/3 QBs were three stars, one of whom hasn’t taken a snap in three years, and the other is a 5-11 true freshman from Hutto.

A couple people came on the recruiting board talking about how good that Hutto kid could be. Not this year, though.

Campbell has turned down multiple jobs that are historically better than Iowa State, but I don't know that Ohio State is one of them.  Tennessee is for sure.

At this point, there are two jobs I see him leaving for:  Ohio State and Notre Dame.  I think Ohio State views Ryan Day as their Lincoln Riley, and I hope he is.  As much as I don't like Ohio State, I'd rather them not look for a coach for a long damn time.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

8 minutes ago, Seneca Tinsley said:

Don't know what's cute about it, but the info is absolutely accurate. 

You're either full of shit, or you believe some bullshit that was fed to you. From a good friend who has coached with Campbell and who is connected to Ohio State, he wasn't offered the Ohio State job, and he didn't turn it down. They went with Day from the very beginning. 

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

You're either full of shit, or you believe some bullshit that was fed to you. From a good friend who has coached with Campbell and who is connected to Ohio State, he wasn't offered the Ohio State job, and he didn't turn it down. They went with Day from the very beginning. 

Well I know who told me what happened , so yeah, I absolutely believe it. BTW: I never said Campbell was offered the job. I said he was contacted and he told them he wasn't interested. 

Can we not stray too far from the subject at hand, which is Sbbruin’s well being? Dude’s last post was him firing a warning flare off of his yacht, and nobody’s even checked in on the guy. What if he ran out of booze, or nicotine for that matter. He’s one of the good ones, and I’ll be damned if we lose him on my watch.

8 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

Can we not stray too far from the subject at hand, which is Sbbruin’s well being? Dude’s last post was him firing a warning flare off of his yacht, and nobody’s even checked in on the guy. What if he ran out of booze, or nicotine for that matter. He’s one of the good ones, and I’ll be damned if we lose him on my watch.

He may need some time to grieve alone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

It's still early out there.  I'm assuming he's stumbling around the yacht, trying to find the coffee maker.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Chip never had to rebuild anything. He took over the keys from Mike Bellotti who's last season as head coach, Oregon was 10-3

I'm not saying he won't turn things around, but there isn't some proven track record of making something out of nothing. 

I don't think he can turn things around. There is a huge lack of talent on the team and since Chip hates recruiting, that talent gap will continue. The past offseason, Kelly had to know that he had talent problems that he could have partially addressed the portal, but he didn't put forth the effort. I just don't see things changing for the better.

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I don't think he can turn things around. There is a huge lack of talent on the team and since Chip hates recruiting, that talent gap will continue. The past offseason, Kelly had to know that he had talent problems that he could have partially addressed the portal, but he didn't put forth the effort. I just don't see things changing for the better.

Per 247, 40th ranked class, .8569 average. What makes you think he can't win titles with guys like that?

• Like 1