2018 - Elections and Trends

atomheartbevo

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I wonder if we will see these kinds of numbers come November.

We will unless Trump vanishes off the face of the earth for the next 13 weeks.

If he cared about the republicans having any shot, he would go radio silence starting right now.

Nothing has motivated the apathetic left more than a malignant narcissist hell bent on threatening tyranny twice a week. 

Keep doing you POTUS. 

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Gotta love sitting down to eat dinner in front of the tv and John king is working the magic board/map.   Can’t wait for November. 

I’m thinking about taking the next day off so I can get hammered and stay up late for results. I should have done the same when the traitor was elected, slept like shit that night. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

How much has this race has saturated the local airwaves?  Two people in my wife’s office went to vote this morning just to find out they don’t live in the 12th district. 

That's funny. I'm in the 15th district. I didn't think this race applied to me but I looked it up yesterday just to be sure. 

Balderson's ads have dominated the airwaves for weeks with scary accusations and images of Pelosi and Hillary and shadowy figures in hoodies. The frequency of O'Connor ads has seen an uptick in just the last several days, probably less than a week. 

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

~13 point swing. 

Democrats are going to pick up 40 seats 

As one of the pundits pointed out, these are two run of the mill politicians with no glaring issues nor major campaign mistakes in a traditional GOP stronghold district. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

12 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Was really hoping O'Connor could pull it off but looks like it's not going to happen. Trump going to be strutting like a peacock. 

Let him crow. November will be beautiful. 

Was really hoping O'Connor could pull it off but looks like it's not going to happen. Trump going to be strutting like a peacock. 

Which is actually probably to the Dems’ long-term advantage. God forbid Trump should ever think he needs to worry, because he can be a competent campaigner. Dems would rather have him confident and unrestrained.

Delaware County was not a good showing for Reps tonight. Winning a county with the demographics of Delaware County with only 55% means your gerrymanders nationwide are going to be completely fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Which is actually probably to the Dems’ long-term advantage. God forbid Trump should ever think he needs to worry, because he can be a competent campaigner. Dems would rather have him confident and unrestrained.

Delaware County was not a good showing for Reps tonight. Winning a county with the demographics of Delaware County with only 55% means your gerrymanders nationwide are going to be completely fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Republicans made their bed, seeing them get fucked in it is great.

10 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Yup, around 70 house seats are more competitive than this one. I hope it's a bloodbath in November.

Don't hold your breath. If you think that the election interference machine will be operating at 110% capacity, you've got to, umm, rethink things.

23 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Hope you're right, but for over two years now I've been saying there's no way Trump or anyone he backs could win. Been disappointed more times than not. 

He commanded his legions to turn out today.  They barely did. 

Hell, Alabama elected a Dem to the Senate, and Oklahoma is starting to flip local offices back to blue.  

And we still have plenty of time for Trump to continue pissing off lots of people.