2019 Houston Texans

The Earl of Texas

Poor game plan, poor play calling, poor coaching with no adjustments throughout the game. WR double pass across the field against a zone defense??? Wasting a challenge and 2nd half timeout on that McCaffrey catch because your are pissed at your own incompetence? Good thing NFL wouldnt let him give the Panthers a first round pick. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Terrible loss Texans

I’m so fucking pissed. Buttchin’s awful coaching on full display. Ridiculously stupid play in the red zone with the Dhop pass. Moronic challenge and wasted TOs in the 2nd half. No rhyme or reason with our offensive play-calling. Complete display of his awful coaching.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Poor game plan, poor play calling, poor coaching with no adjustments throughout the game. WR double pass across the field against a zone defense??? Wasting a challenge and 2nd half timeout on that McCaffrey catch because your are pissed at your own incompetence? Good thing NFL wouldnt let him give the Panthers a first round pick. 

even with all that if Watson puts just a little air under his deep throws it's an easy win.

What a train wreck of a game.

The only touchdown came from a short field after a takeaway.  The rest of the game was basically three scoring chances by the offense: one was a red zone turnover on an abysmal play call, another was a missed field goal, and another was a field goal that barely went in.  The offense really only earned 3 points today, and the idiot kicker almost shanked those.  Deshaun got sacked 6 times, fumbled, and missed a bunch of throws.  Just a complete shitshow on offense.

• Like 1

Deshaun Watson is too good for this team.  God I hate BoB.  Isn't Watson getting sacked 6 times per game?  Fucking get a clue Bill!!!

DW was shit this game. Most of the sacks were on him for holding onto the ball for so long and he was just off on all his throws. If he is going to hold the ball to make plays and this take sacks as a consequence he has to be accurate when given the opportunity and today, he wasn’t.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

snoop-dogg GIF

Lol Hopkins and Watson fuck me up when I say both. 

30 minutes ago, Fico said:

DW was shit this game. Most of the sacks were on him for holding onto the ball for so long and he was just off on all his throws. If he is going to hold the ball to make plays and this take sacks as a consequence he has to be accurate when given the opportunity and today, he wasn’t.

Maybe if he had an offensive coordinator...

Yup. This loss, IMO, is 85% Deshaun 5% BOB 5% Hopkins 5% refs.

Deshaun has got to throw that fucking ball away on 2 and 10 and not take a sack to make it 3 and 18. Carolina did not give a single fuck about the checkdown route and neither did Deshaun.

Maybe if he had an offensive coordinator...

That shit doesn’t matter if he refuses to check down, or throw the ball away. This isn’t fucking madden, football doesn’t work like that.

Players make plays. DW is set in being a big playmaker, and gambles by holding the ball. If you are going to do that you have to hit your throws when given the chance, plain and simple. He missed repeatedly today and never let himself get rhythm by taking the easy throws.

This loss was squarely on him. He needs to acknowledge that, make adjustments to his game and move forward and redeem himself next week.

• Like 1

I hate BOB and love DW, but this game is on DW. You can’t miss those throws in the NFL... you get a WR with 3-5 yards of separation running deep and you need to at least complete that pass 100% of the time. Doesn’t have to be perfection where they get it in stride for the easy TD, but if those passes are just completed it results in two FGs at a minimum. Bad bad bad

• Like 1

I'm sure the Texans will blame the highly successful Astros game competing (which was meaningless in the grand scheme of things) and the Dish Network controversy, but the truth hurts. The Texans have actually shrunk their football footprint across the state from what the Oilers had back in the day.

8 hours ago, PencilPusher said:

I'm sure the Texans will blame the highly successful Astros game competing (which was meaningless in the grand scheme of things) and the Dish Network controversy, but the truth hurts. The Texans have actually shrunk their football footprint across the state from what the Oilers had back in the day.

Dallas, i.e. Jerry Jones, doesn't show any Texans games unless they are on the national broadcast. Houston should do the same. Neither team is great, but the Texans thanks to BOB are quickly turning into unwatchable.

16 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Dallas, i.e. Jerry Jones, doesn't show any Texans games unless they are on the national broadcast. Houston should do the same. Neither team is great, but the Texans thanks to BOB are quickly turning into unwatchable.

Local stations won't do that in Houston because the ratings are too high. Generally, unless blacked out by NFL rules (i.e. directly competing with Texans home game), Dallas and/or NO will get shown here due to ratings. In Dallas, local stations don't show the Texans because they don't draw any ratings. Not sure Jerry has to do anything to do with that. Texans have done zero to expand the base outside of the Sam Houston Tollway.