Below Deck

RPM

13 hours ago, Deej said:

Rayna is horrible. Her claiming Wes doesn't understand what it is to be black. WTF? White people see him as black. Black people like Rayna claim he's white. Talk about getting shit on by both sides. 

Rayna is an attention horse that is going to ride that angry black woman schtick to the bank. Surprised she doesn't already have a deal with Bravo for a show.

19 hours ago, Deej said:

Rayna is horrible. Her claiming Wes doesn't understand what it is to be black. WTF? White people see him as black. Black people like Rayna claim he's white. Talk about getting shit on by both sides. 

Rayna doesn't think we had a black president.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RPM said:

Rayna is an attention horse that is going to ride that angry black woman schtick to the bank. Surprised she doesn't already have a deal with Bravo for a show.

Yep, what a miserable fucking person she is.  If she's on next year, I'm not watching.  What a beating.

I would say that it’s likely there is a little cream in the coffee in Rayna’s family as well. In most states back in the day 1/64 was considered black. That “you’re not black enough” card she played is not acceptable behavior in most circles.

Wes is a yacht person, and I’d like to see him on BD SY since he loves the sail. I think Rayna is an actress; her linked in lists her jobs as a go at Club Med and a court side presence at Timberwolves games. I guess shooting the t shirt gun. She went to Augsburg U. A small private school in Minneapolis; cost $54k a year.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Found out my buddy is a producer on a new Below Deck angle.  Below Deck Adventure or something like that.  Apparently it's Nordic charters that go and do adventure stuff like spelunking and rock climbing and shit.  Sounds kinda cool.  Not sure when it's slated to premier, but I think probably later this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Found out my buddy is a producer on a new Below Deck angle.  Below Deck Adventure or something like that.  Apparently it's Nordic charters that go and do adventure stuff like spelunking and rock climbing and shit.  Sounds kinda cool.  Not sure when it's slated to premier, but I think probably later this year.

Bravo will have to meet its quota for black Nordic Aryan cold weather adventure types.

You are really concerned about race and Bravo shows.  Like, way too concerned it feels like.

Not at all. Could give a shit. I think it’s silly to mandate quotas into “reality” shows that might be in segments of society or activities that are more homogenous. If the show were about a black AME minister and family I wouldn’t expect a lot of white folk to be artificially inserted like A character on Donna Reed. same as if it were about a Mexican wrestling family or Vietnamese shrimp fishermen in rRockport. It it’s a show featuring a diverse segment then great.

In this case Wes is a real yachtie like the kid on the last Med. Find all those folks you can; their stories are just. As interesting as anyones. Rayna had no yachting background and seemed to be an actress filling a “role”. Not defending what was said; the producers should have paused production and handled it immediately instead of pouring gas on it.

15 hours ago, Deej said:

Sailing Yacht starts back up tonight.

My DVR recorded something last night. Probably a recap/preview because they said the premier was 2/21.

Turned out to be an episode of Galley Talk covering S2 of BDSY.

Edited by RPM

Best first season episode ever of any BD franchise? I say yes. That was a beautiful disaster (well minus the primary being an absolute disgusting creep at the end). 

Glenn publicly shaming Tom was gold. Colin and Gary talking about how girls are attracted to Gary was gold. Glenn not even looking up from his iPad as Tom acts like a fool was gold. The guests (minus creepy primary) seem great too.

49 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Best first season episode ever of any BD franchise? I say yes. That was a beautiful disaster (well minus the primary being an absolute disgusting creep at the end). 

Glenn publicly shaming Tom was gold. Colin and Gary talking about how girls are attracted to Gary was gold. Glenn not even looking up from his iPad as Tom acts like a fool was gold. The guests (minus creepy primary) seem great too.

No mention of the gigantic cans on the third stew?

15 hours ago, Deej said:

Every girl wants to hook up with Gary. Colin seems like the better choice. 

when they were busting his balls about his prior GF not letting him get in the hot tub with other girls it was hilarious.

for those who don't know (spoilers below re: Gary)

Spoiler

Gary and Daisy are a couple now/today

Edited by NoName

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

when they were busting his balls about his prior GF not letting him get in the hot tub with other girls it was hilarious.

for those who don't know (spoilers below re: Gary)

Hide contents

Gary and Daisy are a couple now/today

They would have the most bizarre looking children ever. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Deej said:

Every girl wants to hook up with Gary. Colin seems like the better choice. 

It seems like the girl who was alllll in on Gary came on with an agenda. She seems to know to get airtime she needs to be involved in Gary/Daisy somehow, and this is a great way to get instant airtime. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This charter is a boat full of counts. I could have sworn she was a trumpeter last year, now she’s a bidenite. Sometimes it would be a better show if the guests were pushed off the boat into a chum pool for the sharks. Too bad the Brit’s didn’t shoot them all at Heathrow.

• Like 2