3rd Democratic Debate - Houston

Hank Kingsley

Beto went full on crazy, actually saying he'll confiscate people's guns and pay reperations. I'd be surprised if those two comments aren't all over the place tomorrow. 

Castro has a serious grudge with Biden, it's funny. This Yang guy's also interesting political bucks and Freedom dividens, etc.

Not sure what the protest was about, didn't seem like a particular hot button topic considering. 

Guns that spew bullets at rapid rates that are meant to shred human organs with the brutality of the battlefield should be confiscated.

I question reparations doing much, it would take trillions to make a difference. But his lead up to it was one of the most compelling arguments for it and for once I wasn’t repulsed by the idea. Structural and institutional racism is insidious and pervasive. And it builds generation after generation. Beto’s right, question is will reparations in the way it would likely happen really change anything. But what’s most interesting to me is Evangelical Christians who certainly seem not to be democrats these days have an entire concept of “generational sin” and “generational curses” caused by sin. Slavery is very much America’s original sin and yet the symbolism and practical aid real reparations would provide to show repentance from the harms of slavery is rejected by those who’s theology would explain its necessary. I guess slavery isn’t America’s original sin. Rather it’s the love of mammon.

Luke 16:13

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Castro has a serious grudge with Biden, it's funny.

Castro also went hard after Pete in the first debate.  Every time Castro talks, I like him less, even when I agree with what he's saying.  The guy's a first-rate prick.  He's the male Hillary.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

CNN panel apologizing for Biden is funny.  “He gets lost, gives odd answers, but is getting closer to making me not cringe, which is a great sign!”

He kept his teeth in his mouth instead of spitting them out, that’s a win!

spacer.png

• Haha 1