Texas @ WVU will be at 2:30 Central on 10/5 - ABC

Machinator

https://www.smokingmusket.com/2019/10/1/20893592/neal-brown-press-conference-week-5-big-game-mentality

Link has summary of Neal Brown's press conference.     Brown seems to be a  bright, young coach

Homecoming Game

It’s a big game, obviously it’s. It’s going to be a great atmosphere. We’re going to need our crowd, we’re going to need our students. The home-field,

50th anniversary of the Peach Bowl team. Looking forward to meeting some of those guys Friday night.

Fan Rivalry vs. Texas

I get the feeling of that, I’m not sure why.

I haven’t played in the game, but I do feel like this is one our fans are excited about and one they talk about in the offseason

\

On the Horns Down Penalty:

Are still talking about that?

To me, it’s much ado about nothing. I’d rather build up West Virginia than tear anyone else down

Edited by torre
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, torre said:

https://www.smokingmusket.com/2019/10/1/20893592/neal-brown-press-conference-week-5-big-game-mentality

Link has summary of Neal Brown's press conference.     Brown seems to be a  bright, young coach

Homecoming Game

It’s a big game, obviously it’s. It’s going to be a great atmosphere. We’re going to need our crowd, we’re going to need our students. The home-field,

50th anniversary of the Peach Bowl team. Looking forward to meeting some of those guys Friday night.

Fan Rivalry vs. Texas

I get the feeling of that, I’m not sure why.

I haven’t played in the game, but I do feel like this is one our fans are excited about and one they talk about in the offseason

\

On the Horns Down Penalty:

Are still talking about that?

To me, it’s much ado about nothing. I’d rather build up West Virginia than tear anyone else down

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's BON, so don't expect super in-depthness, but if you like gif analysis (*cough* @Katfid54 and @sushihorn ), it's here:

This may make mine redundant, but I have notes from WVU's game against NCState that I had planned to turn into a gif preview/analysis, if anyone is interested in that for WVU, given that we've never seen them before (and if I can find some damn time to do it).  Didn't do one against Rice or oSu, because those seemed like pretty obvious examples where we knew what we were going to get.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

This may make mine redundant, but I have notes from WVU's game against NCState that I had planned to turn into a gif preview/analysis, if anyone is interested in that for WVU, given that we've never seen them before (and if I can find some damn time to do it).  Didn't do one against Rice or oSu, because those seemed like pretty obvious examples where we knew what we were going to get.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

I'm pretty sure it won't make yours redundant. Not to disrespect what BON put out here, but it's pretty basic. Brown is a really good coach, and he does some very interesting things schematically. He's currently working with a dog-shit roster, so WVU is not all that impressive yet, but I suspect if they give him time, and he manages to recruit guys who can do what he's asking them to do, WVU will be a hard out in future years.

Just now, Johnny5 said:

I want a goddam blowout!  Texas and Sam E. needs to start getting national attention....   

I think Texas 60, WV 10 should do the trick. 

Sam needs to throw for 600 yards and run for 250!    

win in the cotton bowl in 9 days and national attention won't be an issue.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Johnny5 said:

I want a goddam blowout!  Texas and Sam E. needs to start getting national attention....   

I think Texas 60, WV 10 should do the trick. 

Sam needs to throw for 600 yards and run for 250!    

I am right there with you, but unfortunately I don't think we'll see it happen. Herman will put much more importance on taking a fully healthy squad to Dallas next week than he will running up Sam's stats. We will likely run a slow, grinding pace on offense and we'll take Sam and other starters out of the game as soon as we have a comfortable lead. 

20 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

I am right there with you, but unfortunately I don't think we'll see it happen. Herman will put much more importance on taking a fully healthy squad to Dallas next week than he will running up Sam's stats. We will likely run a slow, grinding pace on offense and we'll take Sam and other starters out of the game as soon as we have a comfortable lead. 

Agree... win by 20+ points, and if possible preserve health with limited reps for starters.