Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

There may be some disagreement here but Benn didn't look bad tonight. He looked strong just couldn't capitalize. Seguin was absolute trash and it feels like he's been that way all playoffs. I'd have to go look at box scores but it doesn't feel like he's contributed much other than a couple assists. Maybe a goal?

There may be some disagreement here but Benn didn't look bad tonight. He looked strong just couldn't capitalize. Seguin was absolute trash and it feels like he's been that way all playoffs. I'd have to go look at box scores but it doesn't feel like he's contributed much other than a couple assists. Maybe a goal?

Bogorad or Razor said Seguin has scored four goals in his last 23 playoff games. He hasn’t scored a point in five straight games now, maybe it’s six counting tonight.

Bogorad or Razor said Seguin has scored four goals in his last 23 playoff games. He hasn’t scored a point in five straight games now, maybe it’s six counting tonight.
Makes sense. I don't think he's hurt, he's just not able to find a scoring touch.

Going back to my other post, last time we benched Rads he came back with a hat trick.

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

1 goal in 120 minutes.  Not gonna panic yet but we need at least a 3 spot in game 3. 

Zero goals in 117 minutes. Lehner is at over 120 shutout minutes now, with shutouts in like 4 of his last 6 games. 

have to take care of the defensive zone first to win games in this series. 

Seguin and Benn (to a lesser extent) are holding us back in this playoffs.  Most of our younger players and role players are playing at max level.  Our front line players need to play at least close to the level of their paycheck to win the cup. Benn had a good game 1 and wasn't awful last night like Seguin was.   It's beating a dead horse but I think we all have to hope Seguin is playing through something that is significantly limiting him because he's been a below average player on the ice the entire playoffs.  But overall both of those guys started regressing as soon as they signed their big contracts which is beyond frustrating.

Vegas is a good team and I will not be surprised to see this series go to 7. I mean, the competition should only get harder as you move forward, right?

There are problems on this team, but every team has them. We may decry Rad's boneheaded plays, but at least he wasn't suspended a game for an illegal check to the head. There is nuance here. 

Can our top guys do better? Absofuckinglutely. Can the lower guys capitalize a bit more on their chances? Also yes. Whether we make the subtle changes that it takes to win this series will be the difference in whether we move on or go home.