Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

2A325CAC-6877-4F49-8305-40549A190C55.gif

Time for another scotch.

49 minutes ago, knee_pain said:

Some food for thought friends... been lurking but I figure now is my time to shine!

fuck yeah stormtrooper GIF

41 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hope JQJ stays....

Bobby Burton 

I got the low down on all of the Texas freshman yesterday and how they have been perceived internally.  We’ll go quickly position-by-position.

At QB, Hudson Card came out of the gate strong. He understood the offense, whereas Ja’Quinden Jackson struggled in his first couple of weeks on campus with the nuances of the position.

Card throws crisp passes and makes quick decisions. He is considered the best thrower on the roster, and that includes Sam Ehlinger.

Jackson, on the other hand, has really come on of late. He is starting to look like a real long-term option at QB because he has been a relatively quick study and because he is so talented. Props were given to both Jackson for his effort and attention to detail and QB coach Mike Yurcich for Jackson’s development and consistent approach even when Jackson clearly would not play much this season.

Suffice to say, the existing Texas staff is extremely excited with the freshman QBs.

Well then they should have played them a bit. Maybe bench Sam for a couple of series in a game, or something like that to light a fire under the offense. But what the hell do I know.

33 minutes ago, troph said:

So this new target isn’t available until at least next Sunday. Probably a CFB playoff team... Florida, Clemson, Cincy? No way Agroid, don’t see Bama (or Dabo), Kelly ain’t our type at ND and we aren’t his.  So Mullen, Venables, Cincy Head Corch, really sounds like UM is a no because we cray cray - and that actually makes perfect sense. So it seems those three.  What am I missing ?

I believe Sunday is also the final day of Urbans contract with Fox.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

I don't know what's worse - a) the delusion shared by so many on this thread that we were actually going to (or still may) get Urban Meyer, or b) the rationalizations of CDC's statement re: why it was written and what it really means.  

If CDC was being deliberately vague, why say anything at all? He hasn’t up until now, It seems like we are hosed, and  the Niluminati are in denial. This blows, but is consistent with premium pay for shit bag performance. 

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

If CDC was being deliberately vague, why say anything at all? He hasn’t up until now, It seems like we are hosed, and  the Niluminati are in denial. This blows, but is consistent with premium pay for shit bag performance. 

He said what he said because he had something to say.

Express Yourself GIF by MOODMAN

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From Nahlin:

That reminded me of this from earlier today. This is from a guy in the know.

“Looks like a lawyer wrote it. I don’t believe for one ****ing second they are shutting this down.”

‘This’ being a search.

And

You have four columns capable of pushing change (but not always necessarily getting it) and three are on the same exact page: president, donors, and BOR.

You have one, the AD, who is tasked with being the voice of the university on these matters. He has to play his position differently than the other three columns for reasons I just stated.

Nahlin doesn't know jack shit.  He's an ambitious guy that's jealous of Ketch and he's jut making shit up as it goes.  "that's the nail"my ass."  Herman will be our coach on NsD2.  Anyone want to bet otherwise?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Nahlin doesn't know jack shit.  He's an ambitious guy that's jealous of Ketch and he's jut making shit up as it goes.  "that's the nail"my ass."  Herman will be our coach on NsD2.  Anyone want to bet otherwise?

$100? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Anything interesting happening in the Twitter world? Rap game Larry? Squid? Ceddy B? Anyone else? 

I wonder what Herman’s agent is up to this evening. His agent seems pretty damn savvy. He certainly fleeced our asses for an earlier extension. If his a savvy guy he didn’t care for the CDC  VofC wording today. Despite the clown show attempts from our intrepid local dumbfuck media to clarify the statement.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Anything interesting happening in the Twitter world? Rap game Larry? Squid? Ceddy B? Anyone else? 

I wonder what Herman’s agent is up to this evening. His agent seems pretty damn savvy. He certainly fleeced our asses for an earlier extension. If his a savvy guy he didn’t care for the CDC  VofC wording today. Despite the clown show attempts from our intrepid local dumbfuck media to clarify the statement.

Regardless of the end result all three of those guys are FOS

5 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Some of you folks shouldn't go into politics.

"Tom Herman is our coach" = currently, right now, and subject to change.

"Bringing Herman back in 2021" = Tom Herman will remain our coach at least until January, so no changes until the season is fully completed.

"Herman is our coach moving forward into next season" = with each passing moment we are moving forward towards next season and Herman is currently our coach in that process.

It is not hard to say "Tom Herman will be our football coach for the 2021 season."

The fact that this statement has not been made is not accidental. Maybe Herman comes back and maybe he doesn't, but cdc has intentionally avoided saying anything definitive on the matter today. Pretending he has made a definitive statement is almost bending over backwards to read words into what he's said that he's gone to great lengths not to say.

Chill.

Apologies I was late for night shift but its really not hard to say, if you already know you are keeping Tom, "Tom Herman will be coaching the Texas Longhorns at our first game next season.  We believe Tom is the right coach for our team."  Sure Tom could get caught doing lines off a strippers ass or get a DWI and get canned but that can happen at any time. You don't say "barring some unforseen circumstances Tom Herman will be our coach at our first game next season"

If you aren't sure but you need recruits to stay on board you say what CDC said.

Tom may already know and he and CDC have an agreement to play this out and Tom gets his 15M.  Tom probably already knew exactly what CDC was going to say so if someone asked about it he already has a canned answer.

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

You’re way too alert for me at this time on a Saturday night. 😁🥸

4 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

This is how I read the release. I fucked up and failed getting UM. I don't think I have the $ for the buyout for any other candidate plus our option B doesn't want to come here. Sooo, unless a miracle happens I guess we stick with fuck face. 

CDC: “ Clarity is hard”

21 minutes ago, El Squared said:

because he's not firing Tom before NSD1 now and our program needed something said by Tom's boss who has the ability to fire him, that he is still our coach and will be our coach moving towards next season.  

Tom can point to this statement when recruits parents ask.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He is advising Herman on his threats to burn our program down if he his fired.  Using what Herman did to OSU as an example of what he is willing to do.  Telling Tom to tell the Univ. that they may have been taking notes on his behavior but he has been taking notes of his own.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I stand by what I said previously, because it’s fucking happened. This flaccid “vote of confidence” is the lamest one I’ve ever seen. The hedging afterwards with reporters is also directly in line with the release itself. 

Here’s the deal. Crystal Conte isn’t running any of this. The game is being played above his head at this point.

1) He showed up at first and tried to push back on Urban Meyer. This is after he argued for keeping Herman last year when the money was lined up.

2) Then, when things went back and forth with Urban Meyer, he starts to fucking float James Franklin as his candidate and attempts a push on it. Nope.

3) After Urban Meyer indicates “I’m thinking no”, CDC comes back to the table with, wait for it, his nomination of his fucking buddy, Sonny Dykes. Sonny fucking Dykes.

4) From there, he’s out of the game. He’s doing what he’s told and he hasn’t handled this shit well. He’s a political suit who doesn’t understand how it’s played on a stage this big.

5) He’s tried to dance around firing Herman and we’re left with this kind of shit because the guy we want won’t be available until next Sunday at the earliest. 

6) All of this bullshit is because CDC thinks he understands the roster and how recruiting works, btw. He also straight up doesn’t think ATM is an issue right now for Texas in recruiting. He’s out of his fucking depths.

Take this and post it wherever the fuck you want. Tweet it at him. Ask the IT guys what to believe. Send it on a carrier pigeon to a BMD. The hacks at AAS, 247 and Obloods don’t know a fucking thing besides what Crystal Conte tells them, so they’re not going to have a clue other than to say “no wai!”. 

This fits with a lot of what has been reporting and I have no connections of any kind that would give me any reason to dispute it...

But I am shocked/disappointed that CDC has gone from being this out of this world awesome hire to a political suit who is in over his head and deserves to be called Crystal.... just surprising.

But like I said it fits and goes along with Caddox losing his mind on here a week ago....just really disappointed in CDC 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic