Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

11 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

This is too complicated for the average Surly poster. Not only that, but it's not chock full of negativity. Rather it is nearly exempt of negativity.

I have to surmise, therefore, that you are new here.

LOL. Actually no! I mean I understand the typical shag/surl lunacy, but got damn.

11 minutes ago, runthebone said:

This concept is beyond day shift's ability to comprehend.

Apparently, and I thought this place was supposed to be chock full o' lawyers. WTF? I'm just a dumb firefighter & it seemed pretty got damn obvious to me. 

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

If Herman does in fact return to coach next season and that was the best statement that CDC could pull together then CDC is in way over his head. He is paid 7 figures annually and he needs others to come out to clarify he meant Herman is our coach in 2021?

Like I told dumbass Dustin McComas, the first statement was fine. It was just that the dumbass reporters couldn't comprehend what was happening, so they asked for it to be clarified. Everyone with half a brain knew what CDC meant.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, wood said:

Bears repeating, so I'll repeat it:

What a shit-ton of people don't seem to understand is that until TH is fired, CDC simply CAN'T publicly say anything other than "TH is the coach and will continue to be the coach". Otherwise, UT would be in violation of the terms of the contract and he'd get a call from TH's agent and lawyers pronto.

The overreaction here is something to see. CDC's statements were purposefully vague and written to satisfy the terms of the contract.

The season begins when the old one ends, so if Tom is still the head coach when the clock runs down to zero in the bowl game, he will have been the coach "moving forward into the 2021 season". 

How dare you bring logic and facts into this discussion. We're Texas fans. The sky is ALWAYS falling.

1 minute ago, wood said:

LOL. Actually no! I mean I understand the typical shag/surl lunacy, but got damn.

Apparently, and I thought this place was supposed to be chock full o' lawyers. WTF? I'm just a dumb firefighter & it seems simple enough to me. 

I gotcha. Everyone handles non-shit in different ways? The dreaded vote of confidence is really non-news just strategy but people be like:

D35EBE5F-7154-4616-84D0-C6D23F09E567.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Question for those of you freaking out: What does CDC's statement really change? After TH survived KState, did y'all really think he was gonna be fired before the bowl game? I mean I would have loved for that to happen, but it just never made sense.

13 minutes ago, wood said:

What a shit-ton of people don't seem to understand is that until TH is fired, CDC simply CAN'T publicly say anything other than "TH is the coach and will continue to be the coach".

Correct. Anticipatory breach of contract = breach of contract

This deal was always going to take longer than most. Too many heavy hitters out there who would want to be part of the rebranding. 

Patience.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, wood said:

Question for those of you freaking out: What does CDC's statement really change? After TH survived KState, did y'all really think he was gonna be fired before the bowl game? I mean I would have loved for that to happen, but it just never made sense.

Exactly. If he wasn't fired after ISU loss, he sure as hell wasn't going to be fired after a 38 point win, with games left to play.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I stand by what I said previously, because it’s fucking happened. This flaccid “vote of confidence” is the lamest one I’ve ever seen. The hedging afterwards with reporters is also directly in line with the release itself. 

Here’s the deal. Crystal Conte isn’t running any of this. The game is being played above his head at this point.

1) He showed up at first and tried to push back on Urban Meyer. This is after he argued for keeping Herman last year when the money was lined up.

2) Then, when things went back and forth with Urban Meyer, he starts to fucking float James Franklin as his candidate and attempts a push on it. Nope.

3) After Urban Meyer indicates “I’m thinking no”, CDC comes back to the table with, wait for it, his nomination of his fucking buddy, Sonny Dykes. Sonny fucking Dykes.

4) From there, he’s out of the game. He’s doing what he’s told and he hasn’t handled this shit well. He’s a political suit who doesn’t understand how it’s played on a stage this big.

5) He’s tried to dance around firing Herman and we’re left with this kind of shit because the guy we want won’t be available until next Sunday at the earliest. 

6) All of this bullshit is because CDC thinks he understands the roster and how recruiting works, btw. He also straight up doesn’t think ATM is an issue right now for Texas in recruiting. He’s out of his fucking depths.

Take this and post it wherever the fuck you want. Tweet it at him. Ask the IT guys what to believe. Send it on a carrier pigeon to a BMD. The hacks at AAS, 247 and Obloods don’t know a fucking thing besides what Crystal Conte tells them, so they’re not going to have a clue other than to say “no wai!”. 

91CC7B62-2A7C-41D3-8156-5CDBDB7ABA12.gif

• Haha 5

I stand by what I said previously, because it’s fucking happened. This flaccid “vote of confidence” is the lamest one I’ve ever seen. The hedging afterwards with reporters is also directly in line with the release itself. 

Here’s the deal. Crystal Conte isn’t running any of this. The game is being played above his head at this point.

1) He showed up at first and tried to push back on Urban Meyer. This is after he argued for keeping Herman last year when the money was lined up.

2) Then, when things went back and forth with Urban Meyer, he starts to fucking float James Franklin as his candidate and attempts a push on it. Nope.

3) After Urban Meyer indicates “I’m thinking no”, CDC comes back to the table with, wait for it, his nomination of his fucking buddy, Sonny Dykes. Sonny fucking Dykes.

4) From there, he’s out of the game. He’s doing what he’s told and he hasn’t handled this shit well. He’s a political suit who doesn’t understand how it’s played on a stage this big.

5) He’s tried to dance around firing Herman and we’re left with this kind of shit because the guy we want won’t be available until next Sunday at the earliest. 

6) All of this bullshit is because CDC thinks he understands the roster and how recruiting works, btw. He also straight up doesn’t think ATM is an issue right now for Texas in recruiting. He’s out of his fucking depths.

Take this and post it wherever the fuck you want. Tweet it at him. Ask the IT guys what to believe. Send it on a carrier pigeon to a BMD. The hacks at AAS, 247 and Obloods don’t know a fucking thing besides what Crystal Conte tells them, so they’re not going to have a clue other than to say “no wai!”. 

Excellent use of the word "flaccid". If CDC really suggested Sonny Dykes and that ATM is not a factor, his ass needs to be fired immediately.

• Hook 'Em 5

giphy.gif
  • Haha 2

CDC was given one of the highest contracts for any AD in the country - $18 Million guaranteed, the man who gave Tom a contract extension for no apparent reason, who is overseeing a football program that is laughed at around the country, the guy who tries to stamp down expectations like we're a 2nd teir program, this guy is good, just not the way we hoped, he apparently wasn't stamping down expectations during his contract negotiations, and save me the crap about that ladies softball coach or whatever the hell it is,  he was hired to handle the football program, its the biggest mess in the country

Edited by Loather
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I liked the CDC hire at first, and he's done an exceptional job in other sports but has really fucked the pooch here. Shame. Had one job and couldn't get out of his own way. Like someone else we've come to know and love 

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sure but are we firing Tom Herman or not?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So was today's statement CDC's move or was he just doing what he's told?

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Who did we want to replace Tom last year?

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Kubiak to Texas confirmed. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Also - I will shit a golden football and set myself on fire if Tom Herman is the HC on UT’s sidelines to open the 2021 season. I don’t expect the sheep on the $9.95er boards to hold themselves together, but you fucking clowns need to puke and rally. 

santa claus thank you GIF by Macy's

• Hook 'Em 1

Also - I will shit a golden football and set myself on fire if Tom Herman is the HC on UT’s sidelines to open the 2021 season. I don’t expect the sheep on the $9.95er boards to hold themselves together, but you fucking clowns need to puke and rally. 

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My vote is for Carrier Pigeon

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Given all this I now have to assume UM really is a no.  One of the things he wants and we thought hed have is alignment and full support of his AD.  If it's played out this way instead he would rightly question both and probably not want to deal with it.

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Matt Campbell come on down!!

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic