Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

16 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Day Crew: Here's why Urban's not coming and we'll be lucky to settle for Bronco Mendenhall.

Night Shift: Here are all the reasons Urban is coming and it will be glorious.

Swing Shift: Meh. Let's hope for the best but expect the worst Just here for the potluck.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ElChupacabra said:

You fucker. All these years I've been lurking in the shadows and leaving the site when the ads become too obnoxious and you just now give up the secret Magic Johnson aids cure. If I ever meet your hippy looking ass in public I will 1000% kick you square in the balls. 

Good to be here, by the way.

If you’d seen his sister, you would change that tone pretty quickly. 

19 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I'd go all in for Urban or Eric Bieniemy, the OC for KC Chiefs.    It won't be long before the NFL makes Eric a HC, unless we got to him first.  However, about anyone or anything would be better than TH.

I will fucking cut you. Get off my lawn, bitch. 

3 minutes ago, Underdog said:

S'up Dog? Was up all night at work, just got up. Mind catching me up? Any new shit come to light since this a.m.? If you need me I'll just be over here skimming the 6 pages I missed.

Edited by wood

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Give me an example or two of the kind of BS he'd have to put up with re the BFGs (BMDs). Are they asking for favors? Bitching about play calling? Backslapping? What?

He's already seeing first hand what's happening to the head coach they have under contract. How he's being undercut by the money donors who have way too much control over the program. He's seeing how there's so many different people involved in the negotiation with him and also seeing how information leaks like a sieve over there. Nobody in their right mind with his resume and his bank account and his health concerns would want to sign up for that shit show. 

1 minute ago, wood said:

S'up Dog? Was up all night at work, just got up. Mind catching me up? Any new shit come to light since this a.m.?

Naw, not really. Some dumb fucks are so desperate to get rid of Herman that they're touting Eric TheEnemy. Other than that and a bunch of shit that's not chili, not much. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, wood said:

S'up Dog? Was up all night at work, just got up. Mind catching me up? Any new shit come to light since this a.m.?

Auburn fired their HC. Hugh Freeze seems a likely replacement. Huge buyout for Gus. Some people put potatoes in their chili. Some call it Mexican soup. Day v Night shift skirmish not going away. People seem fairly chill. The albino squirrel on campus is real. Not sure about the topless jogger. Some people fucked on campus back in the day. Some people smoked weed. We supposedly have a plan B (options) that will be made available for our search next Sunday. Some posters met Mackovic. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

He's seeing how there's so many different people involved in the negotiation with him and also seeing how information leaks like a sieve over there.

WTF?  It’s been lock down like never before.  Nobody know what is really going on.

Just now, Jack Wilson said:

Naw, not really. Some dumb fucks are so desperate to get rid of Herman that they're touting Eric TheEnemy. Other than that and a bunch of shit that's not chili, not much. 

Ah, yeah. "That's not chili". Cool, cool, cool.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Maybe Mack poisoned the well

I actually think Mack was the right mix of politician who could put up a shiny veneer of calm and success no matter how much BS was behind the scenes as well as also being a good head coach. Not many coaches are both damn good coach and damn good politician. Mack also started to falter greatly after smart phone and social media came together and combined to form this modern environment where everyone is leaking inside info and they haven't gotten a handle on how to deal with it. How many other programs have four or more different entities making a full living off of charging fans for inside information?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Auburn fired their HC. Hugh Freeze seems a likely replacement. Huge buyout for Gus. Some people put potatoes in their chili. Some call it Mexican soup. Day v Night shift skirmish not going away. People seem fairly chill. The albino squirrel on campus is real. Not sure about the topless jogger. Some people fucked on campus back in the day. Some people smoked weed. We supposedly have a plan B (options) that will be made available for our search next Sunday. Some posters met Mackovic. 

Got dammit. Now I gotta read everything...

I have some expertise in this particular endeavor.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

WTF?  It’s been lock down like never before.  Nobody know what is really going on.

if it was locked down then none of us would ever have known they were negotiating with Urban Meyer behind the scenes. We wouldn't have known a damn thing until they announced Herman's firing and his hiring. 

They need to get a control of that athletic department when it comes to football. Need to cut everybody out of the loop except the AD and the coach on everything from recruiting to information about the program or anything else. Make it clear to all the players and staff that anybody caught leaking anything that happens in the locker room outside will immediately be cut from the program or fired. Texas will never be back to national prominence until they can make the environment suitable for a good coach and not require a good coach and an expert politician. It's becoming obvious that is just fact at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I actually think Mack was the right mix of politician who could put up a shiny veneer of calm and success no matter how much BS was behind the scenes as well as also being a good head coach. Not many coaches are both damn good coach and damn good politician. Mack also started to falter greatly after smart phone and social media came together and combined to form this modern environment where everyone is leaking inside info and they haven't gotten a handle on how to deal with it. How many other programs have four or more different entities making a full living off of charging fans for inside information?

There's only one way to deal with that shit. Tighten the circle of trust and enforce ZERO tolerance. You leak anything at all, unless it's planned, then you gtfo.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

if it was locked down then none of us would ever have known they were negotiating with Urban Meyer behind the scenes. We wouldn't have known a damn thing until they announced Herman's firing and his hiring.

I hear ya, but do we really know any of that to begin with?

47 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Because Herman wouldn’t let his senior QB go for 2 and win during regulation.  Sam probably would have scored but even if he didn’t, he earned the right to go for the win.  Fuck Herman

Yeah, they wouldn't have been successful - QB power to the short side of the field with no misdirection that the defense sniffs out for a 4 yard loss.

42 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Chili it's today's snack and supper.

20201213_130121_resized.jpg

36 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Our family has always cubes a couple of small potatoes into chili.  Dad says it helps with the indigestion.  I'm not sure about that but it adds a bit to the taste.  Of course there is onions and bell pepper.

no offense, but

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Edited by jw4381
that gif made me have a seizure

Let me put things in terms you people will understand:  We called and asked for the date with Urban,  We've dated, heck we've been to his place and he might have stayed over at our place if the drape reports is correct, anyway right now, all of this is foreplay, it won't be until later that we'll have CUM.

OK, now do you understand what's going on?   No more whining day shift. The night shift, we've got this.

Edited by alphahorn
  • Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Hell of a day at sea, Sir. 

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

They need to get a control of that athletic department when it comes to football. Need to cut everybody out of the loop except the AD and the coach on everything from recruiting to information about the program or anything else. Make it clear to all the players and staff that anybody caught leaking anything that happens in the locker room outside will immediately be cut from the program or fired. Texas will never be back to national prominence until they can make the environment suitable for a good coach and not require a good coach and an expert politician. It's becoming obvious that is just fact at this point. 

Texas fan base is screaming for Herman to be fired and you don’t think everyone expected them to talk with Urban?  

43 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

I mean, the only P5 head coaches without a dumb loss this year are....Saban/Meyer/Day/Fitzgerald/Dabo/Kelly/Jimbo/Helton? And they've all got dumb losses at point or another. And they've all been debated at one point or another. I think judging coaching candidates on one bad loss is gonna leave a bunch of y'all disappointed with whomever the new hire might be.

(Multiple dumb losses is a different story, and yes, I'm looking at you Tom).

Agree with the sentiment but that was more than just a dumb loss. Florida had a possible playoff bid on the line against a 3-5 team, with a true freshman qb and most of their best players not playing and laid an egg and probably cost their qb the heisman. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, wood said:

There's only one way to deal with that shit. Tighten the circle of trust and enforce ZERO tolerance. You leak anything at all, unless it's planned, then you gtfo.

That's my thought exactly. First need to empower the AD they hired to have full control over the football operations along with the HC. Then make it clear any leaks that are found will be terminated or have their scholarship cut and follow through. Right now this has the public appearance of an out of control program run amok where the coach and AD aren't in charge and if it looks like that to us it looks like that to recruits and parents. It also can't help with the players' development in the program who see all the dysfunction right in front of them. 

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Agree with the sentiment but that was more than just a dumb loss. Florida had a possible playoff bid on the line against a 3-5 team, with a true freshman qb and most of their best players not playing and laid an egg and probably cost their qb the heisman. 

But were the Heisman voters ever gonna give it to anyone other than TL? I’m too lazy to spell names anymore. 

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Yep. If that was us in that spot, we'd be calling for his head.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Not a glamour shot. But this is senior year me. Y’all have already seen the current me in my avatar and the one from a few weeks ago with me at my ranch holding my dog. Just have shorter hair now and am older. 

22FCC079-624A-4223-9FB5-AD77E4083BDA.jpeg

She sounds hideous.

Yeah, well she's a guy, so  . . .

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic