Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

13 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I was at this game and to this day I still have nightmares where I wake up to the chant, “Go, Hokies, Go”.

Another not so CSB, but I was also in school in the early 90’s and a buddy of mine and I bought those shoes where the fronts were elevated so it would build up your calves so you could jump higher and dunk a basketball.  The shoes came with a set of crazy drills that look like that Monty Python skit of silly walks.  We used to go down to the stadium and do these drills on the track around the field and all of the players would be laughing at us the whole time.  Good times.

My nightmares involve a really, really bad hangover and Mississippi State fans with cowbells.  Threw up in a urinal a few times that day, but at least we won.

55 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Everything just makes too much sense from both the perspective of Texas and Meyer for this not to work. He clearly wants to coach again and this is the best opportunity for him to achieve what he wants to as a coach. Regardless of what we hear, for a guy who admits he thinks about coaching again every day,  I believe he wants this job as much as we want him. It isn't happening on Surly's timeframe, but I'm betting it happens after the playoffs.

48 minutes ago, maninblack said:

When Big Game Fishing patience is important.

with USC at 5-0, Notre Dame likely staying put, Urban's choices also lowers.  will he be willing to keep waiting on the sideline or will he really start to think more about Texas as we move on to look at other candidates.  just like dating, if you aren't willing to walk away from a girl, you won't win her over.  Urban gonna have some more time without to mull over his desire for coaching and perhaps miss UT without the pressure.  maybe he will start to miss us once we look elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Yep in 70s, stadium was open and stop by after classes to check out different seating views for game day.  Much simpler times then.

I ran on the track a lot.  There were almost always pickup football games going on.

The only thing controversial was the girl who would run topless on the track.  Never happened to be there when she was.

29 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

He bought pizza for everyone waiting in line to get VT Sugar Bowl tickets.  He was also a pretty good evaluator of OL talent and he recruited Ricky.  Also the Nebraska game.  That is the complete list of nice things I have to say about Mackovic, and Herman’s list is shorter than that.

Beating aggy in 95 counts for sure. 

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

His son was a decent poster and the creator of one of the funniest fucking things I’ve ever followed on the Internet. 

In fact, there was a point in this thread in which someone had a buddy at the Horseshoe Bay airport tracking a plane from Columbus. He snapped a photo of the passenger and sent it in and the poster posted it. It was a fucking Property Brother. When I saw that, I laughed out loud because it reminded of when, somehow, Louie Anderson entered the fucking Ponzi Scheme Involving Gold thread. Outstanding shit in both threads. 

It was so great it made the cut for my avatar. 

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I can read.

He is as bad or maybe worse than Herman. 

We clearly are not going to agree on that point. 

I don't think he is coming to Texas. I too much prefer Urban.

Agree to disagree on Mullen and his coaching ability. Let us move the fuck on.

worse that Herman?  laughable.  Herman is about to be fired because he can't beat TCU and ISU while being the coach at Texas.

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

with USC at 5-0, Notre Dame likely staying put, Urban's choices also lowers.  will he be willing to keep waiting on the sideline or will he really start to think more about Texas as we move on to look at other candidates.  just like dating, if you aren't willing to walk away from a girl, you won't win her over.  Urban gonna have some more time without to mull over his desire for coaching and perhaps miss UT without the pressure.  maybe he will start to miss us once we look elsewhere.

cum is fetch.  stop trying to make cum happen.

11 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

My nightmares involve a really, really bad hangover and Mississippi State fans with cowbells.  Threw up in a urinal a few times that day, but at least we won.

Was this the New Year’s Day game that started at 11 am but felt like it started at 9am.  I was there.  

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

I think topless runner was Urban myth.

I recall the rumors, I also recall nobody ever saw her directly, always a friend of a friend.

Hmmm.

Well the albino squirrel was real. Saw it with my own eyes 👀!

I was a tour guide at the Texas State Capital my senior year and  I saw all sorts of people. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

There’s a lot of discussion about QuasiMullen on this Urban Meyer thread. Maybe that’s a dance that happens, but Jimmy Sexton is a fucking asshat and already showed his cards for Mullen by dropping his name to reporters when UT looking at options began to get covered. That indicates a lack of good faith and that a real move occurring would be unlikely. 

So not Mullen and not Campbell? Who else could it be in the playoffs? I can only think of Sark or the Clemson coordinators and I'd be surprised to see us go with a first-time HC. I guess theoretically Brian Kelly but no way he leaves unless NFL.

I'd be ok with Sark but would hope we focus on Mullen or Campbell first, understanding Mullen is a long-shot.

Edit: I guess Fickell but also no way

Edited by Tex-19

24 minutes ago, bullet said:

Stadium was open 24 hours a day when I was in school in the 70s.  For that matter, so was the state Capitol.  I remember going and running around the Capitol around midnight during freshman orientation.

Now, even a lot of the local high school stadiums are locked up.

In the 92 or 93 Mackovic was holding practice at DKR and piping in noise. So I wondered what was going on and walked right in to the NEZ. Mackovic is told someone is in the stadium he turns around from around midfield a waves signaling me to get out. He might have been yelling but with the piped in noise I could not hear him.

18 minutes ago, bullet said:

I ran on the track a lot.  There were almost always pickup football games going on.

The only thing controversial was the girl who would run topless on the track.  Never happened to be there when she was.

I used to run on the track in the early 90s. And on nice days, I’d sit in the bleachers and read. Good times. 

16 minutes ago, bullet said:

I ran every night at 11pm at the track that used to be between Belmont and Jester before they built the dorm there. There was an an athlete chick who would run occasionally too in a thin white under bra and dancer booty shorts. She was pretty. One time she was exhausted after a workout and pulled her front over her head while walking and recuperating with her hand on her hips. We were the only ones on the track and she was on the other side. I went up the track hill/incline/sled hill and around but when I came back to the standard track she was clothed.

when I told others of the glory I had seen, they told me tell of topless jogger. 

1 hour ago, alphahorn said:

Everything just makes too much sense from both the perspective of Texas and Meyer for this not to work. He clearly wants to coach again and this is the best opportunity for him to achieve what he wants to as a coach. Regardless of what we hear, for a guy who admits he thinks about coaching again every day,  I believe he wants this job as much as we want him. It isn't happening on Surly's timeframe, but I'm betting it happens after the playoffs.

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

So not Mullen and not Campbell? Who else could it be in the playoffs? I can only think of Sark or the Clemson coordinators and I'd be surprised to see us go with a first-time HC. I guess theoretically Brian Kelly but no way he leaves unless NFL.

I'd be ok with Sark but would hope we focus on Mullen or Campbell first, understanding Mullen is a long-shot.

Edit: I guess Fickell but also no way

I’m guessing it’s Elliot. Supposedly his name was floating around a lot with the Houston BMDs

During lunch of day,  I enticed a squirrel nearby to come over while sitting outside the Union by slowly shaking an oak leaf.  He slowly walked over and saw it wasn’t food then stood up and glared at me.  I quickly fed him some food.

Edited by Horn80
  • Haha 1

Harsin was 61-5 at Boise State as OC. Mack brought him in, but I guess decided that Harsin didn't know enough about offense so he named Applewhite as Co-OC. Bet that sat well with Harsin. He's done alright as a HC. Lincoln Riley's roots are in offense. I'd prefer CUM, but if he ain't comin'. 

I doubt if Harsin would have made some of the amateurish calls that we've seen out of Herman. Sometimes it seemed as if Herman only started watching football a few years ago, Mensa'd into Houston, got lucky, then got in over his head.

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
Arkansas State Red Wolves (Sun Belt Conference) (2013)
2013 Arkansas State 7–5 5–2 T–1st GoDaddy*    
Arkansas State: 7–5 5–2 * Departed Arkansas State for Boise State before bowl game
Boise State Broncos (Mountain West Conference) (2014–present)
2014 Boise State 12–2 7–1 1st (Mountain) W Fiesta 16 16
2015 Boise State 9–4 5–3 T–2nd (Mountain) W Poinsettia    
2016 Boise State 10–3 6–2 T–1st (Mountain) L Cactus    
2017 Boise State 11–3 7–1 1st (Mountain) W Las Vegas 22 22
2018 Boise State 10–3 7–1 T–1st (Mountain) First Responder[a 1] 23 24
2019 Boise State 12–2 8–0 1st (Mountain) L Las Vegas 22 23
2020 Boise State 5–1 5–0        
Boise State: 69–18 45–8  

Total:

76–23
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, immamac said:

Can you all please take a look at the upcoming changes and let me know if there are any deal breakers? 

http://www.test.surlyhorns.com/board

Was very slow for me. So post text was not displaying. Also, back and forth bar after first post did not make sense. No show stoppers if speed is due to the test host having less power.

There's virtually zero doubt in my mind Urban turn this job down no matter the money offered because of the pure bureaucratic bullshit surrounding this program. Once he got a first hand look at how many spoiled rich jackoffs he'd have to deal with and how crazy the place is run he bailed. 

This University runs its football program in a way that makes Game of Thrones look like a simplistic coloring book. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

There's virtually zero doubt in my mind Urban turn this job down no matter the money offered because of the pure bureaucratic bullshit surrounding this program. Once he got a first hand look at how many spoiled rich jackoffs he'd have to deal with and how crazy the place is run he bailed. 

This University runs its football program in a way that makes Game of Thrones look like a simplistic coloring book. 

Give me an example or two of the kind of BS he'd have to put up with re the BFGs (BMDs). Are they asking for favors? Bitching about play calling? Backslapping? What?

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

25 minutes ago, immamac said:

That is the current not logged in as experience for lurkers. It's aids isn't it? Hahaha. Log in and no ads. 

You fucker. All these years I've been lurking in the shadows and leaving the site when the ads become too obnoxious and you just now give up the secret Magic Johnson aids cure. If I ever meet your hippy looking ass in public I will 1000% kick you square in the balls. 

Good to be here, by the way.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Maybe Mack poisoned the well

7 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Harsin was 61-5 at Boise State as OC. Mack brought him in, but I guess decided that Harsin didn't know enough about offense so he named Applewhite as Co-OC. Bet that sat well with Harsin. He's done alright as a HC. Lincoln Riley's roots are in offense. I'd prefer CUM, but if he ain't comin'. 

I doubt if Harsin would have made some of the amateurish calls that we've seen out of Herman. Sometimes it seemed as if Herman only started watching football a few years ago, Mensa'd into Houston, got lucky, then got in over his head.

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
Arkansas State Red Wolves (Sun Belt Conference) (2013)
2013 Arkansas State 7–5 5–2 T–1st GoDaddy*    
Arkansas State: 7–5 5–2 * Departed Arkansas State for Boise State before bowl game
Boise State Broncos (Mountain West Conference) (2014–present)
2014 Boise State 12–2 7–1 1st (Mountain) W Fiesta 16 16
2015 Boise State 9–4 5–3 T–2nd (Mountain) W Poinsettia    
2016 Boise State 10–3 6–2 T–1st (Mountain) L Cactus    
2017 Boise State 11–3 7–1 1st (Mountain) W Las Vegas 22 22
2018 Boise State 10–3 7–1 T–1st (Mountain) First Responder[a 1] 23 24
2019 Boise State 12–2 8–0 1st (Mountain) L Las Vegas 22 23
2020 Boise State 5–1 5–0        
Boise State: 69–18 45–8  

Total:

76–23

Those last three conference records show that Harsin knows how to be the big fish in a little pond. He may not know how to win championships but we have to move away from Herman.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Give me an example of two of the kind of BS he'd have to put up with re the BFGs (BMDs). Are they asking for favors? Bitching about play calling? Backslapping? What?

Yeah people say this kind of thing about Texas all the time,as if Ohio State or Urban's "dream job" at Notre Dame are any better. Narrator--they're not.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Yes.  I think it actually started at 10, but I was so hungover/still drunk my memory could wrong about that.

Pretty sure it was a 10 am kick. It was my first year living in Dallas and I too was hungover AF. I will never forget the cowbells. Kicking Jackie’s ass was satisfying, though.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic