Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Not a glamour shot. But this is senior year me. Y’all have already seen the current me in my avatar and the one from a few weeks ago with me at my ranch holding my dog. Just have shorter hair now and am older. 

22FCC079-624A-4223-9FB5-AD77E4083BDA.jpegYou're 

You're gorgeous.  We need a Boner emoji. 

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Not a glamour shot. But this is senior year me. Y’all have already seen the current me in my avatar and the one from a few weeks ago with me at my ranch holding my dog. Just have shorter hair now and am older. 

22FCC079-624A-4223-9FB5-AD77E4083BDA.jpeg

Did you ever go to Mercado Caribe back in the day? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RMac5 said:

AHS? you seem more like a THS :)

AHS! I miss it sometimes. Actually, been missing my hometown a lot more lately. Maybe it’s the Covid. 

So of the Plan B (I am still firmly Plan A—UM),         had heard an interesting rumor about John Harbaugh but thought it was bs. When it comes to NFL coaches I have only heard Shanahan really be mentioned as a potential candidate. I can’t see though either of those two leaving the NFL. 

Nothing out there for me except Urban. 

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Oh shit...

Texas is tied with OSU for third - but Texas holds the tiebreaker.  So there is still a chance Tom could play for the conference title...

We're 5-3. I know we beat them, but isn't OSU 6-3?

1 hour ago, jinx said:

Yeah, I am texting one of my best friends that is an Auburn grad about how jealous I was that his school could actually fire an underperforming coach without talking about it for 2 months.  He asked what we were doing and if we were really keeping Herman.  I just told him we were being Texas.

You do realize that he's been on the hot seat since like 2017, right? This would be like firing Herman after the 2022 season 

• Hook 'Em 1

Big 12 uses total losses and then head-to-head in an unbalanced scenario. We'd go over Ok St.

https://big12sports.com/news/2008/7/31/1546006.aspx
Unbalanced Tie-Break Procedures to Determine Conference Championship Game Participants

In order for teams to be considered in a tie-break scenario to compete in the Big 12 Football Championship Game, teams must play no less than one fewer conference games than the average number of conference games played by all conference teams (rounded up/down at .50). For example, if the average number of conference games played in the 2020 season is 8.25 (value of 8 when rounded down) a team would be eligible to play in the Championship Game if that team played 7 conference games.

The Championship Game participants will be determined by the best winning percentages within the conference. In the event of an unbalanced schedule where there is a tie for the best, or second best, record in the loss column, head-to-head results will take precedence over winning percentage as long as the required number of conference games were completed. If the teams remain tied, the following procedures will be applied to determine the Big 12 Championship Game representatives:

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Let me put things in terms you people will understand:  We called and asked for the date with Urban,  We've dated, heck we've been to his place and he might have stayed over at our place if the drape reports is correct, anyway right now, all of this is foreplay, it won't be until later that we'll have CUM.

OK, now do you understand what's going on?   No more whining day shift. The night shift, we've got this.

They had to do something to stop the rumors. After Urban's "...not yet" comment, it got serious. You can't have these negotiations play out in public while Herman is still employed. It's bad juju. It shows utter disregard for Herman. Has CDC said "we have no interest" or "CUM is off the table"? No. Because as an employee of the University, he can't lie. Whatever Urban said can be explained later as "They came at me again.... an offer I couldn't refuse... etc. If he were to pursue this thing publicly while Herman's still here, it wouldn't sit well with a lot of people across the country.

So, logically, Urban is taking the job. They just haven't picked a start date.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

So taken to its extreme, if enough teams had enough covid issues, Kansas could be told to play in the ccg rather than cancelling and losing the money?

Yep B12 got paid by ABC/ESPN a lot of money for the CCG. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So taken to its extreme, if enough teams had enough covid issues, Kansas could be told to play in the ccg rather than cancelling and losing the money?

Taken to an extreme, if ALL other teams were COVIDed, Kansas could be told to ... play with themselves.

The Surl would approve.

49 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

22FCC079-624A-4223-9FB5-AD77E4083BDA.jpeg

e5d191e2f01b474e8fc5401b8919da17.gif&f=1

Edited by washparkhorn

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic