Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

If it’s not Urban and I refuse to leave that train. We’d better hope our selection wants to come to Texas. Had heard Mullen and Campbell were out via the dark web as they do not want. 

Mullen not wanting is understandable bc it's a lateral move from UF

Campbell not wanting is puzzling

Just now, DFW Horn said:

He may have already been in talks with another party? Not sure. Or he really wants to stay? 
The rumor was he was contacted and was a no. But this is all conjecture and wild speculation. Not the careful thought out research and posts we offer here. 

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

Because I believe the AFCA is a lot like Martindale Hubbell is to attorney’s. The have their own places to share experiences. And you gotta think Mack did us no favors on his way out.

Just now, SubliminalHorn said:

What a bullshit statement to make. Just say, yeah it was a bad decision that led to us losing the game. It’s a good learning lesson for us as a team. 

Don't want Mullen

Agreed

Man up when you fuck up royally like that kid did. Not a good look for Mullen. Teaches his players no accountability with that shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Wow. Shit is moving fast today. Gus gone.  Cristobal out (didn’t want for the record but wanted to interview as part of plan B coaching search). 

If it’s not Urban and I refuse to leave that train. We’d better hope our selection wants to come to Texas. Had heard Mullen and Campbell were out via the dark web as they do not want. 

Lol. Campbell not wanting the Texas job is funny. One of the funnier things I've read today. 

The POS that is CDC says that Darrell Royal is not coming through the door. True. But we have not even had an average coach in ten years, that is all we need, people are starting to get discouraged like it is impossible to find a competent coach, it's not, the administrators have just made really bad hires, inexplicably bad hires

Mack Brown admitted he went through some kind of multi-year funk after Colt was injured. He was fired too early, but there was no way of knowing when or if he would pull out of it. He screwed the program he built.

Charlie Strong was hired for PC reasons. He had no business coaching the Texas Longhorns.

Tom Herman being hired was childish. He had 1.5 years of head coaching experience, only one successful season. One.

We Need:

(1) A basic coaching search to find a competent, demanding individual, I could find one

(2) Run some version of an Air-Raid offense. Despite Tom saying he runs a "pro-spread" and all of the other OCs we have had the last ten years claiming to be running a "Spread Offense" it has never been the fast paced, throw the ball all over the field offense that other teams in the Big 12 have been slashing us with, we need the real thing

(3) We need a quarterback that can throw a football. Card should be serviceable with the right OC, if not bring in a grad transfer 

(4) Top ten recruiting classes.

The last one we already have, that's why we are not Nebraska, we can still salvage this

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 2

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Wow. Shit is moving fast today. Gus gone.  Cristobal out (didn’t want for the record but wanted to interview as part of plan B coaching search). 

This is why I said a week or so ago we better pray Herman somehow now gets it. A magical 2021 so opposite from 2020 that the recruits come flocking back like a dog to its own vomit.

I just don’t see it though.

1 minute ago, Loather said:

The POS that is CDC says that Darrell Royal is not coming through the door. True. But we have not even had an average coach in ten years, that is all we need, people are starting to get discouraged like it is impossible to find a competent coach, it's not, the administrators have just made really bad hires, inexplicably bad hires

Mack Brown admitted he went through some kind of multi-year funk after Colt was injured. He was fired too early, but there was no way of knowing when or if he would pull out of it. He screwed the program he built.

Charlie Strong was hired for PC reasons. He had no business coaching the Texas Longhorns.

Tom Herman being hired was childish. He had 1.5 years of head coaching experience, only one successful season. One.

We Need:

(1) A basic coaching search to find a competent, demanding individual, I could find one

(2) Run some version of an Air-Raid offense. Despite Tom saying he runs a "pro-spread" and all of the other OCs we have had the last ten years claiming to be running a "Spread Offense" it has never been the fast paced, throw the ball all over the field offense that other teams in the Big 12 have been slashing us with, we need the real thing

(3) We need a quarterback that can throw a football. Card should be serviceable with the right OC, if not bring in a grad transfer 

The last one we already have, that's why we are not Nebraska, we can still salvage this

Mack was fired too early? 

No.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Loather said:

Soooooo....Art Briles or recycle Gus Malzahn?

Edited by DFW Horn

3 minutes ago, Loather said:

We Need:

Mack was fired too early and Charlie was hired as a PR move? Fuck off. Go to reddit or 247 with that drivel.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I'd go all in for Urban or Eric Bieniemy, the OC for KC Chiefs.    It won't be long before the NFL makes Eric a HC, unless we got to him first.  However, about anyone or anything would be better than TH.

I would rather watch another year of Herman turtling the program to 7-6 next season than seeing Eric Bieniemy announced as the HC. That dude is nothing but a product of the system he’s attached to with Reid. 

2 hours ago, Octavian said:

@closetojumping I think you mentioned that you heard that the push for Meyer was not 100% dead right? Or is it now the case that Meyer would need to be the one to come back and say he reconsidered as the administration/donors have moved on to other candidates?

I wouldn’t be surprised by anything at this point. I’m guessing Texas makes one more run at him. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Not a glamour shot. But this is senior year me. Y’all have already seen the current me in my avatar and the one from a few weeks ago with me at my ranch holding my dog. Just have shorter hair now and am older. 

22FCC079-624A-4223-9FB5-AD77E4083BDA.jpeg

You were one smoking hot lady. I missed the dog and ranch pictures. Usually the chicks posting on football boards are better about knowing the sport than looking good. 

49 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

I’m not sure Nicole knows exactly what kind of pictures we are talking about. Not sure she looks around the “other” thread. Maybe we should introduce her to it. 

I keep seeing you making references to your wife with other dudes and posting pics. Is this a South Austin thing? Or is there some kind of real meltdown happening somewhere that we can be pointed towards?

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Loather said:

tHu9pcv.gif

Tom Herman might be a terrible person but he's not a terrible football coach. He's average. But average isn't good enough for a program like Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

great article.  i would rather punt to P5 shaw or fitzgerald.   option #3, the coordinator on the rise hiding in the league, that's a different decision than our typical g5 gamble.

Joe Brady may be a good OC, but he looks like a goober. Pass

Panthers hire Joe Brady as offensive coordinator

6 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Charlie wasn't a "PR move", per se, but somebody wrote/said Powers wanted to hire the 1st black HC in Texas Football history.

That's fine. He was still (supposed to be, at least) plenty qualified for the job and a hot name on the market at the time. 

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

if it was locked down then none of us would ever have known they were negotiating with Urban Meyer behind the scenes. We wouldn't have known a damn thing until they announced Herman's firing and his hiring. 

They need to get a control of that athletic department when it comes to football. Need to cut everybody out of the loop except the AD and the coach on everything from recruiting to information about the program or anything else. Make it clear to all the players and staff that anybody caught leaking anything that happens in the locker room outside will immediately be cut from the program or fired. Texas will never be back to national prominence until they can make the environment suitable for a good coach and not require a good coach and an expert politician. It's becoming obvious that is just fact at this point. 

The fact that we have to secure the buyout funding meant that there was not going to be a lockdown.  The people paying the buyout wanted to know what they were getting for their $25M.

It was locked down better than ever before, except for that.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I would rather watch another year of Herman turtling the program to 7-6 next season than seeing Eric Bieniemy announced as the HC. That dude is nothing but a product of the system he’s attached to with Reid. 

I wouldn’t be surprised by anything at this point. I’m guessing Texas makes one more run at him. 

You were one smoking hot lady. I missed the dog and ranch pictures. Usually the chicks posting on football boards are better about knowing the sport than looking good. 

I keep seeing you making references to your wife with other dudes and posting pics. Is this a South Austin thing? Or is there some kind of real meltdown happening somewhere that we can be pointed towards?

Surprisingly,  the shit I've cooked lately thread does not disappoint. You're welcome. 

26 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Mack was fired too early and Charlie was hired as a PR move? Fuck off. Go to reddit or 247 with that drivel.

LOL, the truth hurts sometimes little man. So, I should go to a site where PC doesn't dictate what you can say? You may be right about that. This site gets to be an ass whippen with all of that. Just remember, you might be able to shut people up, but you can't make them disappear.

Edited by Loather
  • Fuck You 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

19 minutes ago, C-Man said:

tHu9pcv.gif

Tom Herman might be a terrible person but he's not a terrible football coach. He's average. But average isn't good enough for a program like Texas.

He's a below average coach. and an above average OC. An average coach would have had us in the big 12 championship game this year

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Loather said:

We Need:

all good.

good with option #2.  kingsbury is making 5.5 in the league, so next best option in the pirate tree to get an OC appears to be sonny dykes, making 1.3 @ smu, .500 record over 11 seasons at loutech, cal & smu.  would he step down to take an OC job if we doubled his salary?

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Fickell is a hell of a recruiter and has done a good job evaluating talent and developing it at Cincinnati. That team is big and fast. 

He'd be a tough sell to the UT fan base after we struck out with the last two G5 up-and-comers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

all good.

good with option #2.  kingsbury is making 5.5 in the league, so next best option in the pirate tree to get an OC appears to be sonny dykes, making 1.3 @ smu, .500 record over 11 seasons at loutech, cal & smu.  would he step down to take an OC job if we doubled his salary?

I've seen that 1.3 figure as well. There is no fucking way we are only paying him that much - certainly not after this season.

@closetojumping 

a) Thanks! 🤘🏼

b) I only have the one source but it sounds like “no” was not something deterring the chase for Meyer.

if they are making another run (and knowing a bit about my source they are), my fingers are crossed. 

I haven’t heard much else. Just that my Panhandle peep hates Herman (not new news) and was asked more than a couple of weeks ago, not pass the hat style, if he would be willing to contribute to the fire Herman/get Meyer fund. Said yes. Promised a sum of money. He was fine with this. Told me there was more than enough money to make the buyout happen and then some. Didn’t balk at saying if more was needed he’d be fine with it. His kids all do well (on their own and none are fuck ups) so he’s fine with contributing the cash as he has done so in various ways in the past. 

but that is all I really know. Still don’t know the backstory on why he hates Herman so much. But based on ur posts about ur meeting Herman I can only imagine. 

Urban or bust damnit! 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

He'd be a tough sell to the UT fan base after we struck out with the last two G5 up-and-comers.

Yeah but he’s done it over the course of 4 seasons and built that program up. 

https://247sports.com/Coach/Luke-Fickell-88/AllTimeRecruits/

There was a segment where Urban was talking of Fickell and said Fickell was a 4-3 guy but now he has Cincinnati running 3-4 because the talent he has fit that scheme better. That says a lot about how he adapts and he’s a defensive coach initially but his offenses have been good too  

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

He's a below average coach. and an above average OC. An average coach would have had us in the big 12 championship game this year

I'm not even convinced he's an above average OC.   3 RPO in a row to open the game then releasing the kraken looked to me like No Turtle At All.   I know it was discussed, did we ever hear any more rumors about turtle being told to butt out and let the coordinators call the plays?

5 minutes ago, Loather said:

So, I should go to a site where PC doesn't dictate what you can say?

Lol what? Do you know where your are? No one is telling you what you can or can't say here. I'm telling you to fuck off with takes like "Mack never got a chance!" 

Charlie being the worst coach in program history doesn't absolve Mack of making us sit through 2 more absolute beatdowns at the hands of OU and inserting his old, flaccid penis in between us and Saban and shaking it around until Saban got scared off.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic