Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

12 minutes ago, Loather said:

LOL, the truth hurts sometimes little man. So, I should go to a site where PC doesn't dictate what you can say? You may be right about that. This site gets to be an ass whippen with all of that. Just remember, you might be able to shut people up, but you can't make them disappear.

Shut the fuck up. Snowflakes do disappear.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

He's already seeing first hand what's happening to the head coach they have under contract. How he's being undercut by the money donors who have way too much control over the program. He's seeing how there's so many different people involved in the negotiation with him and also seeing how information leaks like a sieve over there. Nobody in their right mind with his resume and his bank account and his health concerns would want to sign up for that shit show. 

Oh bullshit.  Any big program has the same shit.  Texas is actually better than most because we multiple big money guys and none call the shots.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lol what? Do you know where your are? No one is telling you what you can or can't say here. I'm telling you to fuck off with takes like "Mack never got a chance!" 

...Mack of making us sit through 2 more absolute beatdowns at the hands of OU and inserting his old, flaccid penis in between us and Saban and shaking it around until Saban got scared off.

Now there's a visual that will amp things up for the night shift.

Eww GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I'm not even convinced he's an above average OC.   3 RPO in a row to open the game then releasing the kraken looked to me like No Turtle At All.   I know it was discussed, did we ever hear any more rumors about turtle being told to butt out and let the coordinators call the plays?

Looking back at that Ohio State run in 2014 Zeke was what carried that team in the cfb playoff.  Stats vs Alabama and Oregon. 

C442A281-C3B4-4D66-8C48-40AFFCDDB330.png

9BCFEC72-3901-4E2A-9159-BD1C60CA5D14.png

13 minutes ago, Loather said:

LOL, the truth hurts sometimes little man. So, I should go to a site where PC doesn't dictate what you can say? You may be right about that. This site gets to be an ass whippen with all of that. Just remember, you might be able to shut people up, but you can't make them disappear.

What are you talking about. You had a bad take. Doesn't mean you have to be silenced. Mack absolutely should've been fired. He was mailing it in and left the program in horrid shape. It took several recruiting classes to reverse it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

He's a below average coach. and an above average OC. An average coach would have had us in the big 12 championship game this year

Whatever. Don't really care to argue it too strongly. He's better than Charlie in all facets and is an improvement on late-stage Mack, primarily when it comes to recruiting (well, that is starting to fade quickly). That is part of the equation when evaluating collegiate coaches. Tom can be utter shite on game day. To top it all off, he's an asshole and many people hate him.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lol what? Do you know where your are? No one is telling you what you can or can't say here. I'm telling you to fuck off with takes like "Mack never got a chance!" 

Charlie being the worst coach in program history doesn't absolve Mack of making us sit through 2 more absolute beatdowns at the hands of OU and inserting his old, flaccid penis in between us and Saban and shaking it around until Saban got scared off.

Oh, ok I guess were not too far apart, I was pretty sick of Mack by the time he left, but with his NC and his current success maybe he needed a little more time - all i am saying

And Charlie Strong was an PC hire, It's been acknowledged by the man who made the decision

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Charlie being the worst coach in program history doesn't absolve Mack of making us sit through 2 more absolute beatdowns at the hands of OU and inserting his old, flaccid penis in between us and Saban and shaking it around until Saban got scared off.

Wish I could rep this a million times.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Loather said:

Oh, ok I guess were not too far apart, I was pretty sick of Mack by the time he left, but with his NC and his current success maybe he needed a little more time - all i am saying

Butterteeth is currently 4th in the ACC. Your definition of success is aggy-esque.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

What are you talking about. You had a bad take. Doesn't mean you have to be silenced. Mack absolutely should've been fired. He was mailing it in and left the program in horrid shape. It took several recruiting classes to reverse it. 

Not saying anything about your Mack comment.  He had become complacent.  But it was Strong whose recruiting left things in horrid shape for Hermann.

5 minutes ago, Loather said:

And Charlie Strong was an PC hire, It's been acknowledged by the man who made the decision

Nah.  Mack needed a change of scenery.  He's still capable.  He just wasn't hungry here anymore.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, bullet said:

Not saying anything about your Mack comment.  He had become complacent.  But it was Strong whose recruiting left things in horrid shape for Hermann.

Strong was the worst coach we had. The one thing he could do is recruit. He was a decent recruiter. I'm not sure what you're talking about. Do you remember the talent situation Mack left us with? It was a hot mess. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

Just now, Loather said:

It is ironic that this team resides in Texas, and yet this site is policed by little Bolsheviks, how about a group hug and you can all French kiss my ass

Do you know how many times in the last 7/8 years I have been told to fuck off, piss off, “I am the worst poster on this entire site.” Jeez.

If that were true I would have been crowd sourced like forever ago. Shit. Plenty of people tell me to fuck off every day. It bothers me not. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bullet said:

Um. No. Herman's best season was on the backs of kids that Charlie recruited. The roster that Herman inherited was much better than the one that Strong did. 

(Not saying either situation was great)

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, bullet said:

IMHO Mack left the cupboard much worse off for Charlie than Charlie left it for Tom. The holes Mack left in the roster were astonishing.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Loather said:

Mack wouldn’t be doing what he is now if he stayed here. He badly needed a break and a change of scenery. He was completely done being a successful coach here. 

No one has ever said Strong was a PC hire, you’re outright lying about that. He was just seemingly the best we could get at the time after Saban fell through. 

25 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

all good.

good with option #2.  kingsbury is making 5.5 in the league, so next best option in the pirate tree to get an OC appears to be sonny dykes, making 1.3 @ smu, .500 record over 11 seasons at loutech, cal & smu.  would he step down to take an OC job if we doubled his salary?

Dykes is another shitty coach that beat Texas during it's crawl through the wilderness.

The sarcasm, dark humor, harshness, raunchiness, etc. is what makes this site kick ass.  Thick skin helps, but at the end of the day its the furkin' internet.  BFD.  Hell, I found out today my chili isn't chili.  It's somewhere between stew and some Mexican dish.  LOL.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Joe Brady may be a good OC, but he looks like a goober. Pass

Panthers hire Joe Brady as offensive coordinator

Yeah well there's a goofy cock gobbler in Norman who was a good OC before shitting on the Big 12. That said, pretty sure it's been mentioned Brady has said he's not ready for a HC gig 

Edited by David Wooderson

19 minutes ago, ztejas said:

public GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Loather said:

Yeah no.  He was recruiting g5 level players here at the end. 

• Rage+1 1

Fickell would probably struggle to recruit here at first but he spent a ton of fucking time at ohio state learning what a good program does to maintain success. Him and ash together scheming our defense might actually be pretty damn effective. If he were to keep any previous staff members obviously. Take some of that money we save on his salary compared to Meyer and hire him a bad ass offensive group. Two things before we hire him though...does he have any stupid as fuck sayings like 1-0 and does he drink vodka out of a water bottle during his press conferences? If he does any of that piss chart, 1-0 shit Do Not Want. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Whatever. Don't really care to argue it too strongly. He's better than Charlie in all facets and is an improvement on late-stage Mack, primarily when it comes to recruiting (well, that is starting to fade quickly). That is part of the equation when evaluating collegiate coaches. Tom can be utter shite on game day. To top it all off, he's an asshole and many people hate him.

His teams seem consistently unprepared and lack discipline. Our players also don't seem to develop consistently that is 100% on Tom as coach.

10 minutes ago, Loather said:

It is ironic that this team resides in Texas, and yet this site is policed by little Bolsheviks, how about a group hug and you can all French kiss my ass

I'd be careful with what you say next. futureman lurks in the shadows and if he's not busy fisting his own ass, he'll double fist yours. 

• Haha 3

This article was written in 2019 so...but it ranks the top ten schools in recruiting for the last decade. We were number #7 as of the time this was written.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/list/top-10-recruiting-schools-since-2010-alabama-fsu-ohio-state-michigan-lsu-texas/ued2sx7rbi9t182ihz0cqt8bp

we just don’t do anything with the talent we do have. None of our Big 12 rivals have even sniffed this list. Not even close. We have shitty coaches. No more cupboard is bare bs.

plenty of great coaches can deal with the hand they are dealt. Stoops had mostly Blake’s talent when he won their MNC. 

We appear to have a clown show for an Athletic Department as well. And shitty coaching and development. 

if UM wants an assistant AD for the football program you do it. We obviously don’t know what the fuck we are doing and the misuse of all these recruits is outstandingly horrible. 

Note the other schools on this list who are also having issues. And why. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

Fickell would probably struggle to recruit here at first but he spent a ton of fucking time at ohio state learning what a good program does to maintain success. Him and ash together scheming our defense might actually be pretty damn effective. If he were to keep any previous staff members obviously. Take some of that money we save on his salary compared to Meyer and hire him a bad ass offensive group. Two things before we hire him though...does he have any stupid as fuck sayings like 1-0 and does he drink vodka out of a water bottle during his press conferences? If he does any of that piss chart, 1-0 shit Do Not Want. 

Good recruiting is seldom about how good a recruiter the head coach is, its not like Nick Saban or Ubran Meyer are some great personalities that all kids relate to. Its hiring the right coaches and staff to sell recruits on. Also more and more its about playing the game ($)

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Do you know how many times in the last 7/8 years I have been told to fuck off, piss off, “I am the worst poster on this entire site.” Jeez.

If that were true I would have been crowd sourced like forever ago. Shit. Plenty of people tell me to fuck off every day. It bothers me not. 

A nice clean FO is fine, but there's a liberal bias here, there is also a set dogma once the group has "decided" something sports related, it's pathetic, you guys like to think this is the wild west on Surly, but there's more pressure for conformity of thought here than almost anywhere, sorry to burst your bubble

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, Loather said:

A nice clean FO is fine, but there's a liberal bias here, there is also a set dogma once the group has "decided" something sports related, it's pathetic, you guys like to think this is the wild west on Surly, but there's more pressure for conformity of thought here than almost anywhere, sorry to burst your bubble

Do you mean how a year ago Texas was way too moral to sign Urban??

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

This article was written in 2019 so...but it ranks the top ten schools in recruiting for the last decade. We were number #7 as of the time this was written.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/list/top-10-recruiting-schools-since-2010-alabama-fsu-ohio-state-michigan-lsu-texas/ued2sx7rbi9t182ihz0cqt8bp

we just don’t do anything with the talent we do have. None of our Big 12 rivals have even sniffed this list. Not even close. We have shitty coaches. No more cupboard is bare bs.

plenty of great coaches can deal with the hand they are dealt. Stoops had mostly Blake’s talent when he won their MNC. 

We appear to have a clown show for an Athletic Department as well. And shitty coaching and development. 

if UM wants an assistant AD for the football program you do it. We obviously don’t know what the fuck we are doing and the misuse of all these recruits is outstandingly horrible. 

Note the other schools on this list who are also having issues. And why. 

An assistant AD for football is about the AD having 0 oversight over the program with regards to PED monitoring, discipline and academic requirements. Its all about Urban having total control over how things are run because that is how you compete at a high level in college football now. That's not to say that Urban is gonna be handing out needles and getting hookers for recruits but its saying the AD can't come in and meddle in the gray areas.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Fickell > Campbell 

Eh, I’m not with you on that one. Fickell is at a classic Kingmaker program. It’s hard to truly evaluate him. Campbell has succeed in the Big 12 already with inferior players than Texas and OU and he represents a much higher floor. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Ok night crew.  
Let’s get it rollin.  Got another 45 on the ribs.

I know the answer is bringing a good coach and a big name, if not just for recruiting purposes only.

Would you prefer a defensive minded coach or offensive? (With good OC/DC on either side)

06907793-B6B3-42CF-A63D-18C6928B88E3.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic