Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Those threads were stupid, too. I would have negged whichever poster started the thread you did. Nothing personal about it. 

The fire ______ threads were stupid too? Yeah, that’s why they run 10’s of thousands of posts. Didn’t take it personal. Hook ‘me.

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

The fire ______ threads were stupid too? Yeah, that’s why they run 10’s of thousands of posts. Didn’t take it personal. Hook ‘me.

They ended up that long because in the end, all those idiots got fired.

Again, you’re just the unlucky dude who started that thread. Someone was going to. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

You are worried about rep? Lol.  I signed up for this site after shaggy and in like the first week some had likes of over a thousand?  How is that possible idk, people got ghost accounts they are liking themselves on or pacts with friends I don’t give a shit...   But there’s a few who’s count is very questionable but who cares I’m not here for a popularity contest I’m here to have fun and escape day to day bs and maybe learn something along the way from our group of bandits.  

No, I just didn’t want to leave that about the tickets stuff. Wasn’t my intention. Shit  a bunch of people from this site know me in person and know that I’m completely incompetent and not capable of that on my own.

• Haha 1

Just now, kingkoopa6 said:

There were two king koopas. The other didn’t post much tho

I ask because I specifically remember responding to a post of yours from the airport in Bucharest, Romania in the early ‘00s. Have no idea what it was about, just remember that it was king koopa (were you also ‘6’ then?”) that I responded to.

So many of those posters are long gone or have changed handles. 

FYI the Kendra Scott Ex Express had flight plans for days.  it gets back to ATX tonight and now quiet.  No more future flight plans.  Not sure if that means anything.  To me it suggests the courting is done.  That jet had flight plans for 2 days out now dormant.  Ball is Urban's court or the decision is already done.  If it was a No it would've leaked though.

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I went to the hornfans tailgate at Arkansas and the Rose Bowl. Lots of good folks at the Rose Bowl tailgates. Chatted Corey Redding up for quite a while, and remember talking with @Gil Bang when he was manning the grill. Can’t remember if that was the Michigan or USC Rose Bowl.

Also ran into several folks from my hometown who I never knew to be Texas fans, and who definitely are not alums. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, justhookit said:

No, I just didn’t want to leave that about the tickets stuff. Wasn’t my intention. Shit  a bunch of people from this site know me in person and know that I’m completely incompetent and not capable of that on my own.

I understand but you are quoted by more then me on that so that would be a administrator delete.  Fuck you got good tickets in your family who cares, most don’t know who you are sorry I called it out now I was just surlying lol.   I met you once in Port A but you don’t remember who I am.   You just use to fish with a friend of my brothers a lot or one his friends I think.

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I went to the hornfans tailgate at Arkansas and the Rose Bowl. Lots of good folks at the Rose Bowl tailgates. Chatted Corey Redding up for quite a while, and remember talking with @Gil Bang when he was manning the grill. Can’t remember if that was the Michigan or USC Rose Bowl.

Also ran into several folks from my hometown who I never knew to be Texas fans, and who definitely are not alums. 

Redding’s parents use to hang at out our tailgate all the time, they had that old ass van.  They moved to Austin when he got recruited and his dad got some job working in the school kitchen or some shit.  No not like running it I don’t think he worked in the kitchen or had some roll.

Edited by Hook1997

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

He gone, he will most likely have a thousand yards rushing at a school that knows how to call a run play other then dive up the middle From shotgun with no blockers next year.  

He'll continue to see the bench at his new school just like he does here until he figures out how to stop fumbling the ball. The Ingram of 2019 is long gone.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Are you an angry old man? You come across as an angry old man.

I made a joke about firing someone who’s not even hired yet. You know sort of like the threads on this website where we want to fire Mensa, Ash, Yurkich. But hey I went a bridge too far.

Dude you got all thaybrep and you are still pulling the rookie move of trying to argue with the room?  

Go to bed. Wake up tomorrow like this never happened , and live to surly another day. 

In other words. STFU

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I understand but you are quoted by more then me on that so that would be a administrator delete.  Fuck you got good tickets in your family who cares, most don’t know who you are sorry I called it out now I was just surlying lol.   I met you once in Port A but you don’t remember who I am.   You just use to fish with a friend of my brothers a lot or one his friends I think.

I’ve met a ton of people in Port A. No offense. Not sure why you want to bring your brother in to this. I’m telling him you did it 😂

3 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Dude you got all thaybrep and you are still pulling the rookie move of trying to argue with the room?  

Go to bed. Wake up tomorrow like this never happened , and live to surly another day. 

In other words. STFU

3 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Drink more.  It helps

Thanks for the input. The 2 people you quoted are good. Maybe you need to drink more.

5 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Drink more.  It helps

I’ve tried this a lot with the UT football program no matter how much I drink it never helps?   (Read in Queen Elizabeth’s voice since I’m finishing a episode of The Crown).

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

I work in sales.  I have done quite well with my UT degree since 1996.  I also used to be a recruiter of SW developers in the late 90s.  None of that matters but some things are true.  No answer is not no.  In my career people will normally in a high pressure situation and also them knowing the impacts of the decision are large dont float.  In the end, this is sales.  I have had multi million accounts do this.  Texas has to sell Urb on coaching here.  No answer or what I am starting to think is an answer to the positive is likely.  That's how I read this as a professional.  Means nothing but my 24 yr sales opinion.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I work in sales.  I have done quite well with my UT degree since 1996.  I also used to be a recruiter of SW developers in the late 90s.  None of that matters but some things are true.  No answer is not no.  In my career people will normally in a high pressure situation and also them knowing the impacts of the decision are large dont float.  In the end, this is sales.  I have had multi million accounts do this.  Texas has to sell Urb on coaching here.  No answer or what I am starting to think is an answer to the positive is likely.  That's how I read this as a professional.  Means nothing but my 24 yr sales opinion.  

This guy fucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Silence is good and he is trying to make it work now or it is actually done.  Whales when they see a deal then make it happen even if people below them dont want it but sometimes it takes time.  It's the alpha personality.  

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Well I’m way too tired to argue any of that. So just a general fuck you. But also there can’t be an answer right now, either way.

2 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Not sure if it's already been speculated on here, but I'm thinking rapgamelarry and/or squidward may be connected to Urban's agent.  I'm sure the agent has a number of clients in various sports so that might explain the eclectic mix of sporting history in rapgamelarry's twitter.  It would also explain why he's never posted anything of note about Texas in the past but now suddenly has knowledge of this deal and seems absolutely certain about it.  Urban and Shelley may blow smoike up everyone else's ass, but the one entity that will absolutely know what Urban is going to do is his agent.

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

@KYHorn figured it out...won’t go too deep into it but there he isn’t just bullshitting

Yeah, I have a pretty good reason to believe those accounts have contacts on both the Texas BMD and sports agency sides. @derpyhorndog found this regarding Urban's agent awhile ago, but maybe someone has other info? Agents and BMDs really seem like the most likely sources of the confidence and both RGL and @reneg_2 have been on similar timelines in their confidence, so they could have the same or similar sources.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Well I’m way too tired to argue any of that. So just a general fuck you. But also there can’t be an answer right now, either way.

There could be an answer.  We dont know.  Or the stories we hear about him wanting his old staff could be true.  He knows he wants to do it just trying to figure out which guys.  This situation is not unique.  It happens everyday in business.  

If it was NO we would know.  Also, when negotiating with alphas at 1 point you go head to head.  It's a process.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

OK, I would love the more full history of this jet.  This is the Kendra Scott ex hubby jet that appears took CDC out to CA last weekend and returned on Monday.  Also, the one that bumped around Ohio and ended up in Sarasota before making home tonight.  This is not a rental jet because unlike NetJets it sits for days unlike those jets.  I know we have some pilots here with premium access.  

spacer.png

2 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I also just noticed it left 2 hrs after the Iowa St game was over.  Pretty positive this was the CDC jet.

2 hours ago, Injury Prone said:

It’s official! Corch is ours. GTFO Herman! 🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

To me the biggest post of the late shift crew...

8 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

Anything significant happen in the last 2 hours?

Besides these?

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Like 1

My largest deals with C level and CEO guys have all been once I get them to the point of wanting to make the jump say want to do it but I am not sure the people under me will come along.  You know what?  Every damn one of them makes it happen.  IF UT has sold him on coaching again he will make it happen.  I don't know if we are there yet but not hearing he said no is very good.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

There could be an answer.  We dont know.  Or the stories we hear about him wanting his old staff could be true.  He knows he wants to do it just trying to figure out which guys.  This situation is not unique.  It happens everyday in business.  

If it was NO we would know.  Also, when negotiating with alphas at 1 point you go head to head.  It's a process.

Sorry, clarifying. There can’t be a public answer. And if it was a NO, that wouldn’t be put out by anyone either. Optics, yo.

we made our best offer. I’m happy that we did it. If Urban isn’t our coach next year he truly doesn’t want to do this again. It’s done but the signing of the contract.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hopefully CDC gave what UM thought was the kinda best offer and walked away.  Then UM comes back and says we will only do it if this X happens or that X happens.  CDC then has the power back even though he really doesnt.  Thats how you play this.  CDC seems ninja like with no leaks so i think this is happening.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Hopefully CDC gave what UM thought was the kinda best offer and walked away.  Then UM comes back and says we will only do it if this X happens or that X happens.  CDC then has the power back even though he really doesnt.  Thats how you play this.  CDC seems ninja like with no leaks so i think this is happening.

this is straight up sales.  nothing changes in sales.  just the amounts.  needs and wants connecting with smart leverage.  i assume CDC had a team of sales/marketing elites advising how to approach this with the same or better education I had from UT.

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I get caught up. Leave for a few hours. Come back to being 15 pages behind. I realized the best part of this thread is it’s no longer a thread. It’s now just a board with posts that touch just about every single section of surly. Food-check, travel-check, lube-check, I’m sure Cr-check, women’s sports-maybe?, wives and the shit they do-check, actual UM updates-half check. I’m proud of everyone. Bravo. 

This is true!

We're now all pot committed on this thread whether it turns into a fuckshow or us getting us a Squid.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic