Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I don't think so for the same reason that fuck nut Buckeye doesn't really no shit either.  Agents only leak stuff like this on purpose.  I think all of these people from Larry to squid to the guy that is going to fist himself on national TV next week basically pick a side of the story and stick with it so they can say they were right if it happens the way they say it would.  If it doesn't they just say my source was wrong or there was a last second change.  Same goes for the 9.5ers.  They are fed info on purpose but someone in Belmont isn't calling Chip Brown and telling him hey we got Urban you should start spreading the news.  

A 995er or a mainstream rag will get the scoop right before in some cases in order for the organization to maintain control. I could totally see Chip or Burton getting a 8-12 hour scoop head start. That happens all the time.  Reason though is to keep someone in the rumor business in line and to have a way to control the rumor mill. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Hornfans banned people?....Hmm back in 1998 it was a pretty small community and I think pretty much knew everyone to some degree.   I wasn't aware of a banhammer.

yeah they didn't tolerate any criticism of Brown. I thought that was in part why blacklab started shaggy, maybe not, but the timing was perfect

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TheWellofInformation said:

As a Texas fan would be you be willing to join the Big Ten if it meant Urban Meyer is your coach. 

I got a better deal for you.  If Urban becomes the next coach of UT you never post on this board again and if Urban does not become the coach of UT then you never post on this board again.  Does that answer your question?  Also you should know the answer based on your user name.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Hornfans banned people?....Hmm back in 1998 it was a pretty small community and I think pretty much knew everyone to some degree.   I wasn't aware of a banhammer.

lol.. when whalecunt got close to the Browns she did not tolerate any criticism of butterteeth.

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I don't think so for the same reason that fuck nut Buckeye doesn't really no shit either.  Agents only leak stuff like this on purpose.  I think all of these people from Larry to squid to the guy that is going to fist himself on national TV next week basically pick a side of the story and stick with it so they can say they were right if it happens the way they say it would.  If it doesn't they just say my source was wrong or there was a last second change.  Same goes for the 9.5ers.  They are fed info on purpose but someone in Belmont isn't calling Chip Brown and telling him hey we got Urban you should start spreading the news.  

I wasn't really meaning that it is a planned leak, but rather someone that works with/for the agent that has seen or heard enough to know and is just passing it along.  Maybe not, but just odd otherwise that out of the blue they are posting about Texas and with such certainty.

10 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Not sure if it's already been speculated on here, but I'm thinking rapgamelarry and/or squidward may be connected to Urban's agent.  I'm sure the agent has a number of clients in various sports so that might explain the eclectic mix of sporting history in rapgamelarry's twitter.  It would also explain why he's never posted anything of note about Texas in the past but now suddenly has knowledge of this deal and seems absolutely certain about it.  Urban and Shelley may blow smoike up everyone else's ass, but the one entity that will absolutely know what Urban is going to do is his agent.

@KYHorn figured it out...won’t go too deep into it but there he isn’t just bullshitting

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Sorry but long post incoming as I need to type this shit out to clear my mind.  Let's just say I have been part of coaching searches before in a previous life.  Let's walk through the real time line that has occurred.  First we have to assume that CDC know what the fuck he is doing.  I am willing to go with that for now.  If that is the case then at some point during the year CDC realized that Herman sucks as a football coach and needed to go (not sure when he came to this conclusion but it happened).  At this point any good AD is going to figure out who the best option is and reach out.  He won't reach out directly to the coach but pick up the phone and call that coaches agent.  In this scenario, CDC decided the obvious coach to go try and get is Urban so he picks up the phone and tells Urban's agent that he is going to be making a change and Urban is the number one choice if he is interested.  The agent will then say let me check with my client to see if he is interested in coaching again.  At this point if Urban isn't interested he tells his agent to tell CDC thanks but I am happy where I am at.  End of story and on to Plan B.  That apparently did not happen so we have to assume that Meyers agent came back and said, "my guy is interested".  Now CDC either gives the agent the number that UT is looking to pay or says to the agent, "what is it going to take".  The agent discusses numbers with Urban and comes back with what they want.  We apparently agreed to the finances.  CDC would then ask the agent what else Urban needs and that is where Urban, through his agent, tells us he needs total control of the football program, money for key assistants, new facilities, hookers and blow, whatever.  It looks like CDC ran that by Hartzell/Regents and he let Urban's agent know we agree to that also.   During all of this the only way this leaks is if CDC went to some BMD's to get the cash and they went out leaked the information.  I am not sure that happened this time.  Maybe it did but it doesn't seem like that happened.  All parties are on the same page and then they agree to meet.  This is where you have CDC, Hartzell, East TX regent fly to meet with Urban, his wife and his agent.  I find it hard to believe all of this information is leaking if Urban hasn't already agreed to the deal.  Maybe he had a last minute change of heart but at this point of the negotiations its a done deal.  All that is left is the planning and timing of announcing firings and hiring's which is where we are at.  Now if it didn't go down this way then CDC fucked it up and should be on the same train out of Austin as Herman but I really don't think he did.

I Ain't Reading All That | Know Your Meme

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheWellofInformation said:

Not with FOX. Fox wants Texas and Oklahoma in their conference. The Big Ten. Rumor is they are dangling Urban Meyer 

Big Ten wants Texas and Kansas. They want nothing to do with OU.

Also, the Mouse is the reason the LHN exists - we were set to go to the Pac Ten (Fox) and Disney gave us LHN to keep us in the Big XII. Mouse will fight any move Texas makes to Big Ten or Pac IMHO. Only ones they will sign off on are ACC and SEC.

Edited by The Dog

2 minutes ago, TheWellofInformation said:

Not with FOX. Fox wants Texas and Oklahoma in their conference. The Big Ten. Rumor is they are dangling Urban Meyer 

I guess you didn’t pick up in the sarcasm, I was trying to politely disregard your comment without negging you to bolivian. 

12 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I got a better deal for you.  If Urban becomes the next coach of UT you never post on this board again and if Urban does not become the coach of UT then you never post on this board again.  Does that answer your question?  Also you should know the answer based on your user name.

That's some surly shit, right there.

Totally justified

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

lol.. when whalecunt got close to the Browns she did not tolerate any criticism of butterteeth.

that board was special..was on there in 2004/2005..  took a break from it.. came back and it was a ghost town.. That's when I found the shag. Love surly since you can actually be critical of coaches, players without fear of getting banned.

7 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Big Ten wants Texas and Kansas. They want nothing to do with OU.

Also, the Mouse is the reason the LHN exists - we were set to go to the Pac Ten (Fox) and Disney gave us LHN to keep us in the Big XII. Mouse will fight any move Texas makes to Big Ten or Pac IMHO. Only ones they will sign off on are ACC and SEC.

Realignment talk not going away...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sleepygrad said:

If Texas meets his price, and all his control demands, and the money for top notch staff, and get flown across the country with your family, and every other fucking thing this guy can throw out....how in the world do you then turn that down? That doesn’t happen

If that's all there was to it our programs situation wouldn't be what it is right now

Edited by Teryor

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Honestly all we need to hear is....nothing. Nothing is good, quiet is good. Burger talk is good. Let me find some drunken clarity and lay it out.

-If Urban had said no, it would be out there from multiple people, damn near universal. Hell probably even a contract extension with fox

-Before he even says no, we would have heard serious interest in other candidates because there is NO way CDC will allow us to look like the morons that swung and missed AGAIN. No way will he let us look like the laughing stock. We won’t be caught flat footed that’s for DAMN sure

-meetings have happened and those people involved in the meetings allowed this information to be made public. Texas admin would not let that info be public if it would cost them UM, so that means UM is ok with that information being public

-UM would not like that information to be public, that he was meeting big brass over a job that is not currently open, if he was not SERIOUSLY considering it. As much as it might be a fuck you to Tom. No way he’s just wasting his time, Texas time and ruining future job prospects just to fuck with Tom

-Shelly would have probably shot something down by now but that is certainly not happening. If anyone was going to scuttle this, I thought it would be her

-Texas might have a quiet yes, but they don’t have a no. Sure it might be a maybe currently but when you look at the time line and when this has started a lot of those big questions should be checked off by now. Really the only hold ups I can see at this point are family (don’t think that’s an issue), health (real concern but I think that would have really been considered by now), optics (lol fuck you bucknuts not an issue), so really the only hold up I can see is staff

-we all know the Italian mafia he has but this is UM, he’s a pipe hitting mother fucker. Staff won’t be a problem to get some absolute studs. That said I’m sure he really wants his guys to really feel comfortable in this situation. Having some of those guys locked in really may be the hold up at this point (he may want more than just a nod and wink deal, at least a handshake) because it adds so many extra moving parts

-im going to pour a drink, refresh this thread, try to block out the noise especially from the people that want it scuttled, and wait for Herman to get fired. Because we aren’t going to get any clarity till we either hear a no, or Tom gets fired, we don’t hear a yes and we hear a lot more concrete names

old school GIF

Let's not forget the between 60 - 98 million motivating reasons. I don't give a daaaaaamn how much you've already got. If you can earn that in 5-7 years, you do. 

Just now, ousux said:

What sort of hand lube you got there on the left?

And please tell me this pic is from 2008 or soemoji23.pngemoji1787.png

This is exactly why I hope we get more pictures of work stations tomorrow. The little details are far more fascinating than the big picture. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

You're letting him off easy. @immamac should just lock his account and subscribe him to this thread with email notifications for every post. Fuck around and lose an email address if you troll Surly.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, brojangles2 said:

I’m just here to say god damnit I love all of you. 

yay orange, yay white, yay Longhorns fight fight fight! Texas fight Texas fight, yay Texas fight!!!!!!!!!!! 

fucking Texas forever mother fuckers. 

Barkeep, I'll have three of what he's having. We love you too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I went and had sex with my wife and missed chip talk?  Dammit I won’t make that mistake again.

Next time I’ll slam your wife’s clam and you can engage in chip chat. Win/win except my wife will be pissed

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic