Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ok, I'm not going to fucking catch up 15 pages of this shit. Who wants to be a mensch and let me know if anything *worth a shit* had dropped since last night?

The link timelining Urban's transition to ohiho was of interest.  Also how he dealt with the questions was of note.

2 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

My $.02

CDC and brass meet with UM to plant the seed

UM, like any good leader, understands he's only as good as his people and doesn't want to make any moves until he knows his staff

UM plants the seed with his dudes and is awaiting their response

Meanwhile, the urge to coach again is growing inside a still hungry UM.  These guys love it, look at Mack, Gruden, Herm, etc. All great analysts who went back to coaching. 

UM continues to push his dudes because now he's excited.  UM's dudes tell him they're in, then UM tells TX

Where do I send $9.95? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ok, I'm not going to fucking catch up 15 pages of this shit. Who wants to be a mensch and let me know if anything *worth a shit* had dropped since last night?

I'll let you know that I wasn't on and didn't read any of it, but I know that not shit happened that we are aware of.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

I'll be one of those assholes who bring reason into this circus. 

If he'd said no. The whole world would know by now. Dont you think?

Now hit me with Boo this man gif. 

That's my thoughts--also, we'd be picking over our second and third coaching options.  

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Nothing. Urban hasn't said no. Bobby Burton still hasn't heard anything. We're just waiting for Tom to get canned. 

Yeah, it was surreal reading something from him that didn't contain, "I am told." He hasn't been told shit. This is so on brand for 2020.

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Believe me, you don’t want to hear about the mysterious NFL figure. If that ever comes to bear, it’s going to be like injecting new corona into the bloodstream of this board. Do. Not. Want.

We need to hear nothing through the game tomorrow. FOX will be telling. If we hear something today, it will be bad. If we hear anything from FOX people, it will be bad. If they’re awkwardly never talking to him much about Texas just before, during and after Texas plays, it will be good. 

This....

But there is also this: https://www.onlygators.com/11/20/2011/urban-meyer-to-ohio-state-the-timeline/

But I think Urban learned a lot from that experience and we are abiding by his wishes with keeping this so closed off in regards to information. 

Earlier someone linked an eleven warriors site where they referred to urban as Texas next head coach. 

Interesting because eleven warriors also kind of broke the urban to Ohio State thing back in 2011 according to the link above. 

It's fascinating the similar parallels each process has taken.

Ohio State's played one football game in the span of about a month. I'm ready for that to change.

Word of the Day: Fealty.

SOS. Future Texas head coach Urban Meyer is undoubtedly busy these days, but he took some time out of his busy schedule to tell us all about how Cincinnati could have the stronger schedule, and thus, a better playoff resume than Ohio State.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Looks like FancyBoots is driving to the game with her dogs. 

You would think someone that expends the energy and resources to drive to Manhattan in December and watch us play in a meaningless game would be more open to hiring the second best coach in Cfb.

I’m just a typical season ticket holder that goes to 4-5 games a year. Last year I really started thinking about how much energy I needed to devote to taking my son watch our underperforming team. He’s 12 and he hasn’t seen one exciting season.  It’s a bunch of bullshit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Believe me, you don’t want to hear about the mysterious NFL figure. If that ever comes to bear, it’s going to be like injecting new corona into the bloodstream of this board. Do. Not. Want.

We need to hear nothing through the game tomorrow. FOX will be telling. If we hear something today, it will be bad. If we hear anything from FOX people, it will be bad. If they’re awkwardly never talking to him much about Texas just before, during and after Texas plays, it will be good. 

Wade Phillips to Texas confirmed

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Fuck. It is Bill O'Brien, isn't it?

I'd take Bill O'Brien hands down, I think, over the name that motherfucker floated to us in a chat group earlier this week. It was so bad about 2 or 3 of us assumed he was trolling. When he swore us to secrecy, one chat person made the correct and insightful response of "I'd be too embarrassed to share this with anyone."

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'd take Bill O'Brien hands down, I think, over the name that motherfucker floated to us in a chat group earlier this week. It was so bad about 2 or 3 of us assumed he was trolling. When he swore us to secrecy, one chat person made the correct and insightful response of "I'd be too embarrassed to share this with anyone."

Shit, I'd take Fickle over Bill O'Brien.  Give me Sark as HC and Muschamp as DC over Bill O'Brien. 

That's gotta be Adam Gase. ;)

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

well the worst trolling would be Jeff Fisher

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

out with it bitches

Haha. Jason Garrett. 

oh my god, it's Tony Dungy.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is not good. This can't be a serious consideration?

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Please don't be Kellen Moore. Please don't be Kellen Moore. Please don't be Kellen Moore.

13 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

That's my thoughts--also, we'd be picking over our second and third coaching options.  

Except , as I stated several pages prior, he hates Herman and a no, now, is much different than a no a month from now.  The latter fucks Herman the most. 

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Our assistant AD was responsible for hiring Mile Riley at Nebraska. If he has any input to this search, the head coach at Fresno St is probably on our short list. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sounds like Jason Garrett to me. I'd be embarrassed as well to even utter that name 

1 minute ago, jdhorn92 said:

Except , as I stated several pages prior, he hates Herman and a no, now, is much different than a no a month from now.  The latter fucks Herman the most. 

Urban is working for a national network that broadcasts many Longhorns games. He's a fucking professional. If he was just chilling at home retired then sure, maybe he'd string shit along to fuck with Tom.

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jeff Fisher?

21 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

My $.02

CDC and brass meet with UM to plant the seed

UM, like any good leader, understands he's only as good as his people and doesn't want to make any moves until he knows his staff

UM plants the seed with his dudes and is awaiting their response

Meanwhile, the urge to coach again is growing inside a still hungry UM.  These guys love it, look at Mack, Gruden, Herm, etc. All great analysts who went back to coaching. 

UM continues to push his dudes because now he's excited.  UM's dudes tell him they're in, then UM tells TX

This is the way, but I'd find some new "dudes" for 7 years/$84 MM if I were UM.

He's been in coaching decades, surely he can get referrals for competent support staff. C'mon, Urban.

Edited by DFW Horn

10 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Page 300.  So, back to that McRib.....

And the Mandalorian is holding it, while doing something with mayo, measuring tape and a partially empty hand lotion/cream/sanitizer/something or other.  He's the new space MacGyver, and he's hunting Ketch.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

There's only one way to interpret UM's "I don't know, yet" comment. Only one. They're still in negotiations. At this point it's all about compensation for him and his staff. 
Or "it's done but I can't talk about it yet, but I'm caught completely off guard, so let's say something obscure as quickly as possible"

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic