Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, Drew said:

No.

Well except me wasn’t up. That’s always a significant thing. You never know if you will.

1,000 posts since I last checked 10 hours ago. With bo REAL news.

Never change Surly.

Not true. A former player, or somebody who may or may not have family ties and is friends with former NFL/Longhorn players, named Injury Prone stepped in about 1:30 and called his shot. Said it was done. hornfromdallas jumped all over it.

1 hour ago, Boogaloo said:

My cousin told us that he was heading to the airport to talk to a rampie buddy & see if there was any news, then ended up radio silent for the rest of the night. Turns out he didn’t make it past the landing strip. He reports that there was no sign of Urban in the club however the prevailing opinion there is that Urban is in the bag and will be announced at the latest Monday morning  

If this stretches to Monday morning, without news, we're proper fucked.

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

Right now, no news is good news. That state of affairs will remain until about 4 or 5 pm tomorrow, by which time if we haven’t heard Herman is out, I’m going to start getting worried. No news by Monday and we’re screwed. 

I can't see any way that the news doesn't hit on Sunday if Urban is the man. If Herman hangs on through the weekend -- and Urban isn't announced, then he's said no and we don't have Plan B enacted.

58 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

The “silence is good” crowd is missing the point where UM hates Herman. So the longer it plays out , the worse it is for Herman. So , according to our resident sales expert up above, silence is a good thing, meaning he’s still in play. However, I think sales guy is discounting the fact that the longer UM let’s Herman and co swing in the wind, the more it’s  a twist of the knife. He may have no desire to come to TX, but the longer he strings it along , the more our program suffers. 

Except that it's in Urban's best interest to have this announced ASAP after Herman is officially out due to the timeline with ESD.

35 minutes ago, immamac said:

So there isn't really a feasible way we get the news today is there? Firing coach a day before the game is not a good look. I think if it's a done deal we know immediately after the Saturday game or as soon as the KS game is cancelled 

Not today. The earliest news we get will be post-game tomorrow and that will be Herman being let go. The lid might be hard keep on Urban agreeing but nothing official until Saturday night/Sunday morning. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The best part was how he got up on his high horse, told you how he's a better fan than you, then told you to get off your high horse. I don't think he knows what that phrase means. 

It means I am an actual fan not living in the fantasy world some of you are.

I want us to play every game and win. Fuck any of you if you wish we would lose to fire a coach in any sport.

At this point I hope Herman comes back next year to just piss all of you off.

Edited by Steamboat1874
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 11

2 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I want us to play every game and win. Fuck any of you if you wish we would lose to fire a coach in any sport.

He's going to be fired so what's your fucking point? You'd rather be right than have one of the best coaches outside of Nick/Dabo? 

gtfo here with your high horse bullshit. You're literally just a cum guzzling glizzy gobbling piece of shit. @hornfromdallas serve this boomers hairline to him. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

If Herman were still a candidate to be here in 2021 by winning, I'd much prefer losing to however many Kansas-based opponents are left on our schedule. He's that bad for our future. But he's apparently toast regardless, so I guess we might as well win out. Or whatever. 

Just now, BurntEyes said:

A lot of things, obviously.

This guy and I have gone round and round for years regarding how shitty Herman is as a head coach. He has always insisted he is a good coach and defended him stating anyone that is critical of Herman isn't really a fan.

He painted his own dumbass into a corner and his only option at this point is to run his brush of stupid shit over himself. Gotta stand your ground when you've been stupid for so long.

The bed of shit he is lying in, he made it.

So he was like me with Charlie prior to the Kansas game? Does steamboat need a kansas game to wake him up?

• Hook 'Em 1

Burton

Despite reports out of Columbus from Kirk Barton, a former player of Urban Meyer, that Meyer is not taking the Texas head coaching position, I have no new reliable news on the Urban Meyer front as it relates to Texas as of 6:50 this morning.

The last I have heard from an unimpeachable Texas source is what I shared with the board yesterday afternoon. “It is all up to Urban at this point,” is the last text I have received on the matter.

It should be noted that unlike from the Texas point of view, I do not have an unimpeachable source from the Meyer camp.

I need to share that point with the community here. I am likely to be made aware of any decision that is communicated to Texas and will share it here as soon as I get it. 

How any news will become official or public is out of any person’s control, except perhaps Meyer himself.

So we wait.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

The Landing Strip.... 

True story, back in my pro drinking days, I came into town for a game and was picked up at the airport by a buddy, who happens to post on Surly. I may or may not have already had multiple drinks prior to landing. He and I went to the Landing Strip where I definitely proceeded to consume multiple double Jameson shots neat. About 45 minutes later we confirmed that there wasn't a single dance either of us would fuck for free much less buy a dance from.

Later that year Mack Brown was fired.

You draw what conclusion you will from that story. I will let my friend decide if he wants to dox himself or not.

I wasn't there, was I?  

But, since your endeavors clearly got Mack Brown fired, I think you must repeat it.  Just to be sure Herman goes.  Sacrifice yourself for the greater good.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Yes! I too wish to cut my dick off to own the members on this board. TAKE THAT SURLY!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So he was like me with Charlie prior to the Kansas game? Does steamboat need a kansas game to wake him up?

The Kansas game didn’t wake me up to the knowledge that Charlie was never going to work at Texas. I just didn’t think we’d lose to mother-fucking Kansas. I thought we’d beat Kansas, but then lose to TCU, and then maybe the administration would have the balls to fire Charlie.

14 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

SGpQ.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Sir Ulrich said:

I vote for the news to break tomorrow night since I will be at a wedding in College Station. Nothing would bring me more satisfaction than witnessing their collective despair as CUM is finally happening. Icing on the cake would be a loss to Aurburn at the same time. 

I desperately want this to happen for you. Also people that schedule weddings during CFB season are the worst

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

The only thing sadder than 24/7 F5 hammerers is lonely, lifeless Ohio State losers who actually give a shit where a guy long gone from their program is. LOL.:

Is this a pseudonym for Curt Bowels?

This dumbass better hope Urban actually turns the job down despite not actually giving him any info, or he's going to face a relentless assault of ridicule in addition to being out 500 bucks. 

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

The Kansas game didn’t wake me up to the knowledge that Charlie was never going to work at Texas. I just didn’t think we’d lose to mother-fucking Kansas. I thought we’d beat Kansas, but then lose to TCU, and then maybe the administration would have the balls to fire Charlie.

True, we began to see it at the beginning of the season. The Kansas game was just the funeral.

5 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

The only thing sadder than 24/7 F5 hammerers is lonely, lifeless Ohio State losers who actually give a shit where a guy long gone from their program is. LOL.:

Is this a pseudonym for Curt Bowels?

For some reason i fully expect this to be true, but if hes wrong, im registering a twitter and i will gif troll every post he makes until the internet stops working

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I wasn't there, was I?  

But, since your endeavors clearly got Mack Brown fired, I think you must repeat it.  Just to be sure Herman goes.  Sacrifice yourself for the greater good.

You do remember how Mack's firing went, don't you? @BurntEyes Avoid the Landing Strip at all costs this time around. Thanks. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I vote for the news to break tomorrow night since I will be at a wedding in College Station. Nothing would bring me more satisfaction than witnessing their collective despair as CUM is finally happening. Icing on the cake would be a loss to Aurburn at the same time. 

WOW GOING TO A WEDDING MID COVID!

jk I've been living a normal life just with a mask.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

First dance will be to "Embraceable Ewe."

• Haha 1

He wasn't asked if he was coming to Austin to fix the team, they were all asked to name their favorite college town, and then he was asked was he going to pick Austin.
Wrong again.

"On the pregame show on Saturday morning, it appears Meyer teased the fan base about the whole scenario. In a discussion about the best college towns, Matt Leinart brought up Austin, Texas. Brady Quinn then asked Meyer if that was the next town he was going to fix. Meaning the football team that plays in Austin, the Texas Longhorns."

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/21/texas-football-urban-meyer-teases-longhorns-fans/

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:

Wrong again.

"On the pregame show on Saturday morning, it appears Meyer teased the fan base about the whole scenario. In a discussion about the best college towns, Matt Leinart brought up Austin, Texas. Brady Quinn then asked Meyer if that was the next town he was going to fix. Meaning the football team that plays in Austin, the Texas Longhorns."

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/21/texas-football-urban-meyer-teases-longhorns-fans/

So are we back to "IT'S HAPPENING" territory again?

15 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

"Anticipation, anticipation,

its making me wait

its keeping me waiting....."

Anyone remember the old Heinz ketchup commercial?  We need some bonafide news today.

Man the drum production on that song is so freaking good.

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:
6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:
So are we back to "IT'S HAPPENING" territory again?

I'm still trying to crack the pattern in spinnershells "lol" messages and cross reference them against plane routes and curtain fabrics. I'll have an update in an hour.

Don't forget there is a Woodhouse Spa in Leander!

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic