Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This reminds of something I mentioned waaaaaay up thread or on the Herman thread, but I heard it again yesterday - Mack Brown does not want Urban Meyer taking the job at Texas. He’s fired up his network on it accordingly and is doing whatever he can to shit on the job and make it sound miserable. 

I just cannot fucking believe that.  That bitter motherfucker better not continue to ass fuck our program like that. RAGE

Fox Game morning show gonna have a lot of eyes on it. Maybe we could just get UM to say hello to all his kids. He has a daughter named Nicole. My name’s Nicole. If he says her name no matter what color  tie he has on (can see a red one and everyone freaking out) or whatever else he says we know it’s on! Lol. 

Urban’s going to go on the show with 3-4 hats on the table.... “I’m taking my talents.. oh first, I need to thank God and my Mom/Wife/Dad/kids.....
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Fox Game morning show gonna have a lot of eyes on it. Maybe we could just get UM to say hello to all his kids. He has a daughter named Nicole. My name’s Nicole. If he says her name no matter what color  tie he has on (can see a red one and everyone freaking out) or whatever else he says we know it’s on! Lol. 

Maybe we could just get UM to put on a bevo head ala corso and say "I'm going to texas bitches!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What’s bizarre to me is how passionate they are about needing this to not happen.

IIRC they are worried that Urban will raid Day's staff and that they'll lose guys like Ewers back to Texas if Urban takes the job. They have a lot to lose potentially if this happens.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This reminds of something I mentioned waaaaaay up thread or on the Herman thread, but I heard it again yesterday - Mack Brown does not want Urban Meyer taking the job at Texas. He’s fired up his network on it accordingly and is doing whatever he can to shit on the job and make it sound miserable. 

There is zero doubt in my mind that this is true. FUPM loves what he perceives as his legacy at Texas and wants no one to ever be successful here. If Urban were to come and kill it, doubt is then cast on the narrative Brown has been peddling since his ouster. Anyone still carrying water for FUPM needs to realize that he would rather see Texas fail than succeed.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, wood said:

Jesus, what a dumbass. I'd be shocked if there's a more worthless "journalist" on the planet. Dude is just stealing money from the Statesman.

He should have been fired the moment he made it public that he didn’t vote for VY for Heisman. Same when he didn’t vote for Colt. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

IIRC they are worried that Urban will raid Day's staff and that they'll lose guys like Ewers back to Texas if Urban takes the job. They have a lot to lose potentially if this happens.

They will still be in the playoffs every year.

Just now, The Dog said:

I get it, but their program is rolling and I wouldn't expect more than a minor blip in their success.

Plus, fuck them for believing they're "entitled" to Texas recruits.  Goddamn Mack, Charlie, and Tom for letting it get to this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think by now it’s either 0% or 100% that UM will be our coach. It’s not 50-50, not 60-40, etc. The deal is done. Or it’s not done.

The fact that it’s dragging out with no solid answer from any party tells me he’s our HC in waiting.

• Hook 'Em 3

Ok.... so when in the heck did Jeff Fisher become a name in all of this?
Anyone who would want to hire Fisher or Bill O'Brien for that matter needs to strip naked now so we can tar and feather you.... 

Since I made it up as satire of the supposed insiders.

I am like Aristophanes, only less prolific, less funny, less famous, but with a slightly better haircut.

12 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I agree there he's just collecting a paycheck and hanging around, but it's still qualifies them to say leaving.  As far as why they care so much about that I don't know.  I doubt OU fans would care if Stoops coached somewhere else unless it was a rival.  

They care because they're worried that Ryan Day will never be on Urban Meyer's level. They worry because Urban at Texas will lock down in-state recruiting and the Buckeyes will have to pivot on that front. They worry that Urban at Texas might be able to poach a couple of assistants seen as vital to OSU's continual success. OSU would weather an Urban/Texas better than aggy or BlowU but don't act like they don't have skin in this game. You can be damn certain MIchigan fans are hoping like hell we land Urban.

Edited by C-Man

Just now, EZ$ said:

He should have been fired the moment he made it public that he didn’t vote for VY for Heisman. Same when he didn’t vote for Colt. 

He is the only reason I don't subscribe to the Statesman. I want to support local media, but not douchebags who think they are too good for their market.

Once he leaves I will subscribe again, presuming it is still around. The Statesman sucks but it is better than not having it. I kind of wish it did not even cover sports, it is not like anybody needs to go to the newspaper for that shit anymore, even high school sports.

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hopefully UM takes it with a grain of salt. IIRC, back in Mack’s final years here UM had asked about the Texas job possibly opening up since he had already left Florida. Of course Mack got all pissy.

10 minutes ago, wood said:

Jesus, what a dumbass. I'd be shocked if there's a more worthless "journalist" on the planet. Dude is just stealing money from the Statesman.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

Maybe we could just get UM to put on a bevo head ala corso and say "I'm going to texas bitches!"

Better yet, a coonskin cap.

"Y'all can go to Hell. I'm going to Texas!" - Davy Fucking Crockett, (slightly paraphrased)

Edited by DoobieWah

11 minutes ago, Jacob McCandles said:

1. Hire UM

2. Get UNC on the schedule

If it's true, Mack is seriously fucking around and needs to find out. I am skeptical he's doing it though, especially since he's coaching elsewhere now. Not really sure how he'd get away with it without it reflecting poorly on him. Urban isn't a moron.

Edited by Bevo14

3 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

There is zero doubt in my mind that this is true. FUPM loves what he perceives as his legacy at Texas and wants no one to ever be successful here. If Urban were to come and kill it, doubt is then cast on the narrative Brown has been peddling since his ouster. Anyone still carrying water for FUPM needs to realize that he would rather see Texas fail than succeed.

God forbid there be a football thread without someone throwing Mack under the bus for no good reason.  

• Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I said that somewhere too -- think it was in this thread when I mentioned some dipshits at IT had heard some possible non-AD/BMD figure was really working hard in a positive way to steer Urban to Texas and they guessed it might be Mack Fucking Brown. Ol' Butterteeth knows Urban would likely smash his Texas accomplishments in a much shorter time and there's not a chance in the world he wants to see that happen. He's not helping Texas with Urban Meyer. I hope he's not doing anything. There's a better chance he's poisoning the well than helping.

29 minutes ago, Fud said:

This is from an apparent insider on Ohio State 247. I don't necessarily believe it or anything, but this is what the other side is saying 

From Weds

"What I know regarding Urban

I’m not saying he won’t take the job. But I’m saying it’s 95 percent to me that he won’t take it. There are false reports out there that he reached out about a What-if staff. I know this is untrue because the first call would have been to Mick and I know he hasn’t called Mick about this. Secondly, he would call Mark and that hasn’t happened either. I’m not saying there’s a zero percent chance, but I am saying I think all of this is ridiculous and I know there’s a lot of false reporting out there. If urban entertains it it’s only to take a dig at his wannabe only to pass it up and get the last laugh. One thing I also know that no one is talking about. Urban and Mack are VERY close friends. Not sure if that’s public or not but they are and they talk very frequently. It’s common knowledge that the Texas boosters are insane and run the asylum. Urban hates it when people mettle and he would reject Texas for that reason alone. I have not spoken directly to urban, but guys, based off of who I’ve talked to and what I know about him, this just ain’t happening. "

From last night

"Re Urban to Texas Pt 2

Yesterday the Urban to Texas rumors were picking up steam, I wanted to weigh in and stated that I was 95 percent sure he wasn’t leaving. Then said 99 percent after speaking to more people. Right now I have officially become 100 percent sure beyond a shadow of any and all doubt that Urban will not be going to Texas. It’s just not happening. I would NOT post this if I didn’t have impeccable sources and wasn’t more than a 100 percent sure. There has been a ton of BS about all of this. I will not be commenting further on any of this, but I can assure you that you can take this info to the bank. I thought about saying this all day but a conversation with the last domino just occurred and left me without any doubt. I’m sure a lot of hostility is about to ensue between our base and theirs. I personally love and respect Texas fans and I hope we can treat them with class and respect. We hate Tom, not their fans who did nothing we didn’t do when we thought Urban was coming here. Best of luck to Texas fans and players."

If you have to tell people how good your sources are, it probably means he doesn't have shit for sources.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I said that somewhere too -- think it was in this thread when I mentioned some dipshits at IT had heard some possible non-AD/BMD figure was really working hard in a positive way to steer Urban to Texas and they guessed it might be Mack Fucking Brown. Ol' Butterteeth knows Urban would likely smash his Texas accomplishments in a much shorter time and there's not a chance in the world he wants to see that happen. He's not helping Texas with Urban Meyer. I hope he's not doing anything. There's a better chance he's poisoning the well than helping.

Yeah, Mack is all about Mack

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hopefully UM takes it with a grain of salt. IIRC, back in Mack’s final years here UM had asked about the Texas job possibly opening up since he had already left Florida. Of course Mack got all pissy.

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

It is happening. I told you so,, weeks ago. It's been happening since 10/10, after #MensaTom completely fucked up the end-game twice in a row and lost to TCU and 0U back to back. Del Conte talked to Urban and got the high sign back then. The next step was waiting for #MensaTom to eliminate himself from the CCG, and that happened last week. There's nothing left to wait for except the lawyers to finish scribbling, and the announcements of coach fired, coach hired. Kick back, stir a big spoonful of mayo into your bulleit, set a platter of McRibs next to your speech-to-text mic and enjoy the ride.

I like it, sits back and sips the koolaid.

13 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Seriously? Is this fucker going to destroy our program twice?

What the hell man. I mean we were just upset he kept losing to OU by 50.

Absolutely. He doesn't need someone else coming along and doing it right and making him look like the underachiever he was as Texas. Period. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What a tool bag. I figured he had put everything behind him at this point. Luckily DKR wasn't this obsessed with himself or we would have truly turned into Cal at this point. 

11 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ol taser face saying it’s going to get reported by Texas now when the texas side the OSU side will know first lol. This guy doesn’t KNOW shit, he might have been told something but he doesn’t really know anything

I am grossly hungover so forgive me, but what does your first sentence mean?

7 minutes ago, jofus said:

I think by now it’s either 0% or 100% that UM will be our coach. It’s not 50-50, not 60-40, etc. The deal is done. Or it’s not done.

The fact that it’s dragging out with no solid answer from any party tells me he’s our HC in waiting.

This is almost certainly a more accurate interpretation of the current situation than anything FCB prints.

2 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I vote for the news to break tomorrow night since I will be at a wedding in College Station. Nothing would bring me more satisfaction than witnessing their collective despair as CUM is finally happening. Icing on the cake would be a loss to Aurburn at the same time. 

If you're near the cake, that won't be icing. 

tenor.gif

8 minutes ago, jofus said:

I think you're right about the situation, but degrees of belief can be helpful. e.g., I'm 70% confident that UM is 100% going to be our coach. The other 30% is not due to any potential changes in the actual situation. It just reflects the fact that I'm working with information from RapGameLarry, a Twitter squid, and anonymous message board posters.

47 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean he is not the head coach at Ohio State. How would becoming a head coach someplace else, a place that rarely ever plays Ohio State, be counter to his love for Ohio State?

This! Its like getting your BBA at OSU then getting a MBA at UT. Doesn't change your allegiance. 

I don't understand why tOSU fans are so buthurt at the possibility of him coming here.

No one here is upset about Mack at UNC.  In fact, most here were happy for Mack and are glad he's having success. 

• Like 4

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic