Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

11 minutes ago, jofus said:

I think by now it’s either 0% or 100% that UM will be our coach. It’s not 50-50, not 60-40, etc. The deal is done. Or it’s not done.

The fact that it’s dragging out with no solid answer from any party tells me he’s our HC in waiting.

Schrodinger's coach.

• Hook 'Em 6

16 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Similar thought as well... why are they so passionate about it if its "not going to happen".  I take it as more smoke that there have indeed been rumblings and possible contacts with others at OSU.

The recruiting pipeline from Texas will shut down if we get Urban.   Texas players have made OSU elite over the last several years.  And they know it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Re the tOSU 247 “insider,” I don’t give it much consideration unless it’s a mod or a dude with a demonstrable track record of hitting past scoops. As for his original scoop based on Pantoni and other tOSU staffers not having been contacted meaning that Urban is not testing interest with those he would want to join him at UT,  see the Urban-to-tOSU timeline being discussed. Those tOSU dudes have the most to lose if word gets out they’re thinking of jumping to Austin, particularly if it does and any deal that’s at the 1 yard gets Keontay’ed. They would keep their damn mouths shut and lie just like Urban did leading up to him going public re going to tOSU.

Also, back to the Urban-to-tOSU rumor fiasco as it relates to Shelley. This isn’t her first rodeo with this kind of deal and the scrutiny it invites, Urban obviously advises her on how to conduct herself in this situation. She parroted the same type as he did back then. Point being, what could be perceived as innocent slips (or indications of anything, really) on Twitter are calculated and potentially misdirection.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This reminds of something I mentioned waaaaaay up thread or on the Herman thread, but I heard it again yesterday - Mack Brown does not want Urban Meyer taking the job at Texas. He’s fired up his network on it accordingly and is doing whatever he can to shit on the job and make it sound miserable. 

of course he doesn't.  fortunately, this time around, dallas and houston are aligned and aware.

mack should have done hella more with his tenure.  see: squints/colt

4 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

I think you're right about the situation, but degrees of belief can be helpful. e.g., I'm 70% confident that UM is 100% going to be our coach. The other 30% is not due to any potential changes in the actual situation. It just reflects the fact that I'm working with information from RapGameLarry, a Twitter squid, and anonymous message board posters.

Username and all that...

6 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

What a tool bag. I figured he had put everything behind him at this point. Luckily DKR wasn't this obsessed with himself or we would have truly turned into Cal at this point. 

DKR actually WAS an elite coach. Mack Brown won the lottery with VY. That’s it. Without VY he wins nothing.

Just now, Nueces River Rat said:

Screw Mack Brown.

His legacy was established by Vince Young for it had not been for him able to make Greg Davis shit sandwich offense taste great with his talent,  Mack would have no legacy other than being the John Mackovic 2.0.  

That's a little harsh.

Without VY his legacy would have been the same as first round at UNC, a bunch of 1 loss seasons and no conference championships.

• Hook 'Em 1

This! Its like getting your BBA at OSU then getting a MBA at UT. Doesn't change your allegiance. 
I don't understand why tOSU fans are so buthurt at the possibility of him coming here.
No one here is upset about Mack at UNC.  In fact, most here were happy for Mack and are glad he's having success. 

It’s been said but Urban at Texas rocks OSU’s boat several ways — they’ll get less top Texas talent and could lose a few crucial staffers too.

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If Texas doesn’t jump on the chance to hire a guy that’s won two championships at different schools and settle for anyone else who’s been decent with 8-4 or 9-3 records then we deserve to wander the wilderness of mediocrity. 

Hire Urban. 

Uh, I think they are doing everything they can to do so. If he says no, there's not much else they can do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If Texas doesn’t jump on the chance to hire a guy that’s won two championships at different schools and settle for anyone else who’s been decent with 8-4 or 9-3 records then we deserve to wander the wilderness of mediocrity. 

Hire Urban. 

No one with any power is mulling over the decision to hire Urban.  Offers have been made that will reset the entire coaching salary market.  It's up to Urban at this point.

1 minute ago, XYZ said:

DKR actually WAS an elite coach. Mack Brown won the lottery with VY. That’s it. Without VY he wins nothing.

I agree that he hit the lottery with VY but change 2 plays and he may have 2 or 3 championships. But eff him for all this vindictive nonsense 

• Hook 'Em 1

Ol taser face saying it’s going to get reported by Texas now when the texas side the OSU side will know first lol. This guy doesn’t KNOW shit, he might have been told something but he doesn’t really know anything

What dialect of frontier gibberish is this?

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Hire Urban. 

Don't sell him short, bro. He's got three championships 🏆🏆🏆

of course he doesn't.  fortunately, this time around, dallas and houston are aligned and aware.
mack should have done hella more with his tenure.  see: squints/colt

O/U on how many seasons it would take Urban to match Mack’s two Big 12 titles if he takes the job?

(I understand the conference is much weaker than it was but it hasn’t really changed from beat OU/win the Big 12 — though Mack beat OU and failed to win the conference more than a couple of times, I think.)

27 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ol taser face saying it’s going to get reported by Texas now when the texas side the OSU side will know first lol. This guy doesn’t KNOW shit, he might have been told something but he doesn’t really know anything

Can you rephrase this.....I am missing something in what exactly you are trying to communicate that this dipstick is trying to claim?

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This reminds of something I mentioned waaaaaay up thread or on the Herman thread, but I heard it again yesterday - Mack Brown does not want Urban Meyer taking the job at Texas. He’s fired up his network on it accordingly and is doing whatever he can to shit on the job and make it sound miserable. 

That fucker.

Just now, TexasEd said:

That's a little harsh.

Without VY his legacy would have been the same as first round at UNC, a bunch of 1 loss seasons and no conference championships.

It's been almost 20 years now (holy crap that's crazy to think it's only been that long), but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Mack getting into dangerous territory about the time Vince came along and got us into the first Rose Bowl?   I just recall after 2003 when OUsux kicked our ass along with losing to Arkansas and ho hum Holiday Bowl against Washington State,  Mack was feeling some heat.  

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Do you think that UM actually gives a fuck about what MB has to say?

Lions don't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

That's a little harsh.

Probably also need to give him a little credit for landing Vince in recruiting. (Was Brewer his primary recruiter? I don’t remember.)

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Shouldn’t be surprised, frankly, but are you fucking serious? I get it, he wants to protect his legacy. But what a petty little bitch. He fucked the Saban deal, he got a decade of gratification watching us walk the desert in his absence and hearing people joke about how they bet Texas fans wish we had kept him (and to boot, he was on UT payroll for part of that time), and got to go back home to Chapel Hill and find success. Not enough for you, Mack, you vindictive little bitch?

If true, fucker should be cut off from any level of access he still has to the program and not be publicly revered in any way. Not to mention he’s painting UT as a shitty place to coach when he happily stuck around in that hell hole for over a decade and was given plenty of slack/deference/grace during his time (especially post-2009). The Athletic department clearly has some issues but it’s done a multiple cycles of turnover since he left so the fact he can speak to it’s current personnel/environment is laughable.

I’m sure Urban and his camp can see through that as well but it’s still infuriating. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Hire Urban. 

Novel idea. 

• Haha 1

It's been almost 20 years now (holy crap that's crazy to think it's only been that long), but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Mack getting into dangerous territory about the time Vince came along and got us into the first Rose Bowl?   I just recall after 2003 when OUsux kicked our ass along with losing to Arkansas and ho hum Holiday Bowl against Washington State,  Mack was feeling some heat.  

Yes, he was with fans. I don’t know how dicey it was with BMD’s and AD. The 2003 debacles led into getting shutout 12-0 by OU in Dallas and I was pretty much done with Mack that afternoon while drinking postgame beers with fellow FWST staff after helping cover the game. Then Vince just took flight and the rest is history.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Do you think that UM actually gives a fuck about what MB has to say?

Lions don't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep. 

Agree and this aint Meyer's first rodeo.  He's basically been the second most high profile coach of this generation.  The idea that Mack could say something that gives him pause about this job is a stretch.  He knows exactly what's involved with big time college football.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic