Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, derpyhorndog said:

Shouldn’t be surprised, frankly, but are you fucking serious? I get it, he wants to protect his legacy. But what a petty little bitch. He fucked the Saban deal, he got a decade of gratification watching us walk the desert in his absence and hearing people joke about how they bet Texas fans wish we had kept him (and to boot, he was on UT payroll for part of that time), and got to go back home to Chapel Hill and find success. Not enough for you, Mack, you vindictive little bitch?

If true, fucker should be cut off from any level of access he still has to the program and not be publicly revered in any way. Not to mention he’s painting UT as a shitty place to coach when he happily stuck around in that hell hole for over a decade and was given plenty of slack/deference/grace during his time (especially post-2009). The Athletic department clearly has some issues but it’s done a multiple cycles of turnover since he left so the fact he can speak to it’s current personnel/environment is laughable.

I’m sure Urban and his camp can see through that as well but it’s still infuriating. 

Meyer doesn't care what mack or anybody else thinks. He'll do it because he can set himself with the discussion of one of the greatest coaches of all time. And because of the crap load of money,

7 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Can you rephrase this.....I am missing something in what exactly you are trying to communicate that this dipstick is trying to claim?

He’s saying in that retweet that Urban will tell the texas side that it’s a “no” first but everyone texas 995er says it will come from the Ohio st side first. Just misinformation IMO

30 minutes ago, The Dog said:

IIRC they are worried that Urban will raid Day's staff and that they'll lose guys like Ewers back to Texas if Urban takes the job. They have a lot to lose potentially if this happens.

and not only that, and the state of Texas recruits, but a MASSIVE SIDE (futbol lingo) i.e. another helmet school hanging around the top 4 is a problem for them.  tosu has it real good right now with the pac off the grid the sec constrained to 2 slots in the playoff, this year's domer being an outlier.

Texas actually really being "back" is bad for tosu.

29 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Remember when “Horseshoe Bay Curtains” was a thing?......yeeeaaaahhhhhh......

I mean, to some of us that was never a thing.

25 minutes ago, field said:

God forbid there be a football thread without someone throwing Mack under the bus for no good reason.  

Yeah, everyone be nice to the guy who cost us Nick Saban and is now actively trying to poison the well on us getting Urban Meyer, all while we made him rich as fuck. Poor guy. Also, go fuck yourself. 

3 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So, question of the day:  McRib or Taco Bell Taco Pizza?

Listen, it's called a Mexican Pizza, for fuck's sake. I'm surprised you didn't call it the the McRibMeat Sandwich. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Yes, he was with fans. I don’t know how dicey it was with BMD’s and AD. The 2003 debacles led into getting shutout 12-0 by OU in Dallas and I was pretty much done with Mack that afternoon while drinking postgame beers with fellow FWST staff after helping cover the game. Then Vince just took flight and the rest is history.

But of course Mack and Deloss were tied at the hip.  We saw this more so in the later days of Mack's tenure as his ship was sinking and Deloss was going down on it too.  

26 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

fuck this thread, it now makes me feel like every game day thread 

11 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

after Urban is there anyone worth a shit that would come to Texas?  

In reply to both of these posts - You're welcome and I've given you Jeff Fisher (because @SydneyCarton is a loudmouth fucktard) and Mack Brown.

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Do you think that UM actually gives a fuck about what MB has to say?

Lions don't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep. 

They are friends. Let's not dismiss the fact that Mack Brown coached here and ran shit for well over a decade. Anyone looking at this job will seek his opinion, even if they decide he's full of shit. That's just an exec doing their homework. That said, this goes beyond Mack Brown talking to UM and well into creating the narrative for the coaching and media ranks about what a shitty job Texas is and how impossible it is to succeed there, Mack hated his time there and was treated ungratefully, blah blah blah. 

7 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

it's carton's fault

I mean, you were begging and whining like an an entitled little girl demanding someone tell her what she was getting for Christmas, so I fucking told you. Technically, this is your fault.

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

Do you think that UM actually gives a fuck about what MB has to say?

Lions don't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep. 

If he's trying to figure out if he wants to get back into coaching, asking his friends with relevant info about the aspects of the job outside of X's and O's makes sense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Honestly I don't know why Mack would now give one flip about Texas

He and Sally are back in North Carolina and made it seem like when they returned they had never really left.  

He has a chance to win the ACC once Clemson comes off their high mark as Trevor Lawrence graduates.  

Maybe UNC needs to build a Golf Club and have Mack be the voice over from the commercial  and rent out Casitas?   I don't know????

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

You don't?

I've held probably 12 jobs in my life and was fired from one of them. That was 20 years ago. It still pisses me off. And it was an entry-level job that nobody gives a fuck about. I wasn't run out of town on rails by a million Austinites and publicly (deservedly) dragged.

He will never again hold a job with the gravitas of Texas. 

Pretty obvious that he gives a flip and why. Fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

He and Sally are back in North Carolina and made it seem like when they returned they had never really left.  

He has a chance to win the ACC once Clemson comes off their high mark as Trevor Lawrence graduates.  

Maybe UNC needs to build a Golf Club and have Mack be the voice over from the commercial  and rent out Casitas?   I don't know????

North Carolina is not Texas

He felt he was not given a fair chance

Miami, FSU (I know), UVA, VT could all be issues for Mack some day.  UNC has no greater pedigree than those schools and Clemson was good before Trevor.

Bottom line, Mack is a prick.

Do we have a running list of people that have made declaration of it's done one way or the other?

Would love to know the twitter/surly handles or people that we can go back and laugh and point at when a decision is made.

Off the top of my head we have RapGameLarry, Kirk Barton, Injury Prone, Squidward, are there others?

6 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

https://www.uncfinley.com/

8 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I went to the hornfans tailgate at Arkansas and the Rose Bowl. Lots of good folks at the Rose Bowl tailgates. Chatted Corey Redding up for quite a while, and remember talking with @Gil Bang when he was manning the grill. Can’t remember if that was the Michigan or USC Rose Bowl.

Also ran into several folks from my hometown who I never knew to be Texas fans, and who definitely are not alums. 

Had a ton of fun at those tailgates.   Nothing like pulling the horse trailer up to Costco and loading 30-36 packs of beer and several coolers full of sausages. 

After a few hours on that grill, I carried a pretty strong sausage aroma on my body, and my grill was a fucking grease pit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I still have no different view from the Meyer side.  As a result, my enthusiasm derives at this point only from RVC2005, Caddox, Alphahorn, and CTJ on the Texas side. Otherwise, I would have thought this isn't happening, despite believing two weeks ago Meyer would kill for this job.  This could be extremely good negotiating by Meyer. Who is his agent again?

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic