Baylor @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

21 minutes ago, Machinator said:

So we got 7 innings out of Shugart?

Shugart turned in a career-best performance at UFCU Disch-Falk Field as Texas (21-12) improved to 8-3 in Big 12 play with a 2-0 win over Baylor.  In UT’s fourth shutout of the season — and Shugart’s ninth appearance — the junior right-hander called his pitches for the first time since his freshman year.  

“Putting ownership of me being on the win or loss side of it, I didn’t have that mentality the past couple outings,” said Shugart, who worked with catcher DJ Petrinsky on Saturday. “I really feel like it worked out well today, even with the conditions.”

A reliever over his first two years at Texas, he threw a career-high 120 pitches against the Bears.

https://www.hookem.com/story/texas-pitcher-chase-shugart-calls-his-shot-as-longhorns-shutout-baylor/

120 pitches may be pushing the envelope on a day like today.

14 hours ago, SameSame said:

Yeah god forbid someone should get loud and have a good time at a Longhorn game.

This. Really makes me miss the old days with the Wild Bunch. Go to other school's parks and listen to their fans......the PC bullshit at the Disch has made it a morgue.

Edited by BillyGoatHill

I don't mind people getting loud and having a good time. I miss the Wild Bunch, too. but this guy just comes off as a "look at me" douche.

whatever happened to the guy that used to roam the walkway getting people fired up? I like him, too.

Hey, I've got an idea.  Let's make a uniform shirt that looks like something the 70s Oakland A's rejected.  And let's get some charcoal dress pants and run a fat yellow hi-liter down the legs of those.  People will be so busy making fun of how stupid we look that they'll forget that our entire institution collaborated to cover up a bunch of rapes.  Praise Jesus.

• Haha 1