6figs/"Trust the Hamm" greatest hits

Machinator

On 4/22/2019 at 8:16 PM, closetojumping said:

It’s less than $6million after taxes and then you have to deduct for expenses. If he’s great with his money, he has $5million in the aftermath and he’s 68 living in College Station. I’m not saying it’s a death sentence, but it’s not a great life. 

Let's be honest -- living in College Station wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  But having to deal daily with A&M's multiple BMDs, who are still nothing but clueless gomers with huge amounts of money, would be high up on the list of worst things in the world.  Plus, you couldn't go anywhere in public without the middle class gomers glomming onto you and giving advice. 

13 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Let's be honest -- living in College Station wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  But having to deal daily with A&M's multiple BMDs, who are still nothing but clueless gomers with huge amounts of money, would be high up on the list of worst things in the world.  Plus, you couldn't go anywhere in public without the middle class gomers glomming onto you and giving advice. 

This is a great post.  I think back to all the recent aggy coaches, particularly Mark Turgeon, who was likely overwhelmed by the aggy hordes.  Of course there were comments by Turgeon about how great it is living there and whatnot, and the texags posters would remark about how great it is to see the Turgeon family at church or at a restaurant or wherever and the aggy would whip themselves into a frenzy about it.  Imagine having to deal with that on a daily basis.  Then think about having to deal with guys like John Sharp and Rick Perry on a professional level.  It's next to impossible.  

*The only aggy coach that hasn't left town in the middle of the night is Rob Childress.  He's been there 12 or so years and he's had some success.  Either he likes knowing the aggy touch themselves when they see him at a restaurant, or he tells them to cut it out and leave him alone.

Edited by Terry Silver

21 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

What is their actual endowment?  For the college station campus.  I am pretty sure ours is much larger but they resort to their typical lying/obfuscation to make themselves appear better than they are.

I can only find system numbers and not individual components. $13.5billion to Texas' $30.8billion.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colleges_and_universities_in_the_United_States_by_endowment

Talking endowment smack while in a 14 team conference where only 3 of those schools care about academics is funny.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

6 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Is Karen stuffing shoes or handing out crab legs for dumbo? Seems strange she shows up in Texas right after dumbo baggins leaves free shoes university?

She has some kind of position in his endowment or something, I believe. I'm sure the whole thing is completely legitimate and not at all related to paying players.