Malik Jefferson

Machinator

His rookie contract is for four years / $3.38 million with a signing bonus of $692,796.
Not bad, could've been much more with either a better junior season, or coming back for '18 with quite a bit of pre-season hype, watch lists etc.. (And mostly living up to the hype as well)

Anyway, hope he balls out for Cincy...could have been worse and landed on the other Ohio team.

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Not bad, could've been much more with either a better junior season, or coming back for '18 with quite a bit of pre-season hype, watch lists etc.. (And mostly living up to the hype as well)

Anyway, hope he balls out for Cincy...could have been worse and landed on the other Ohio team.

Or he could've gotten hurt and ended up with significantly less money or nothing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
To lie on ones arm and penis until they both go numb, then jack off. As there is no sensation it's as if a ghost is jacking off.
Joseph: "Dude, totally had a Holy Ghost last night and now Mary's Pregnant."

That or one of the other definitions maybe.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, deech said:
To lie on ones arm and penis until they both go numb, then jack off. As there is no sensation it's as if a ghost is jacking off.
Joseph: "Dude, totally had a Holy Ghost last night and now Mary's Pregnant."

That or one of the other definitions maybe.

i giggled...

My guess: someone with the Holy Ghost speaks truth.

Unfortunately, as the old game of telephone tells us, what one person (Herman, other coaches) says to another (players prior to the bowl game, NFL scouts), can get distorted quickly., so only a handful of people actually know what is true.

Check out Malik's likes on twitter to see where he stands on this... (spoiler: He's on Elliot's side). Sounds like someone was telling Elliot hat the staff's reviews of him weren't positive (which is fair game for them to say), then he saw how low he went in the draft (we all were fairly surprised by it) and got all upset about it (somewhat understandably- none of us would be happy to hear this, but he'd be stupid to ignore the role he played in this outcome)

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

How’s Malik doing so far?

Based on last nights game,  not great.  He was in for the second half and was pretty meh. 

That long KR by the boys was straight up the middle of the field partially because MJ ran around his block to the outside on kick coverage instead of holding his lane.   Didn't see much impact at LB.   There was a damning article from Cincy camp that they had to have him walk behind starter on the field as a "fourth" line backer cause he couldn't pick up his responsibilities by class room/tape/play book.   Hope he figures it out and can make impact.  

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

He should be on this team. He wasted a fucking year this year.....except rich now. 

Easy for you to say. Say that to his family and his bank account. Plus, if I remember correctly wasn’t he kind of trending down while he was here. Was he really going to improve his draft stock by staying another year? 

I wouldn’t say that about everyone, but that seemed like the case for him.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

If “wasting a year” means I get a $900k signing bonus and make over $400k in salary, sign me up.

fuck that.  I went to UT.  I paid my tuition.  he owes it to me to be playing on that field in austin for four goddamn years.  I deserve to see a winning team.  if that means he puts his future on hold, so be it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Easy for you to say. Say that to his family and his bank account. Plus, if I remember correctly wasn’t he kind of trending down while he was here. Was he really going to improve his draft stock by staying another year? 

I wouldn’t say that about everyone, but that seemed like the case for him.

He was only trending down until Herman/Orlando got here. And the answer to your question is, unequivocally, yes.

Edited by Nope

8 minutes ago, Nope said:

He was only trending down until Herman/Orlando got here. And the answer to your question is, unequivocally, yes.

Wait, so what if he has the EXACT same injury he has right now, but instead of already having a signing bonus, and a years salary under his belt, he has a degree from the university of Texas. One that he can come back and get whenever he wants.

4 hours ago, futureman said:

fuck that.  I went to UT.  I paid my tuition.  he owes it to me to be playing on that field in austin for four goddamn years.  I deserve to see a winning team.  if that means he puts his future on hold, so be it. 

Haha I can’t tell if you’re being serious or not, but knowing you, i feel like you’re dead serious. Which makes this even more funny than if you were being sarcastic. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Wait, so what if he has the EXACT same injury he has right now, but instead of already having a signing bonus, and a years salary under his belt, he has a degree from the university of Texas. One that he can come back and get whenever he wants.

Haha I can’t tell if you’re being serious or not, but knowing you, i feel like you’re dead serious. Which makes this even more funny than if you were being sarcastic. 

Your ‘what if’ scenario isn’t how life works. Once you change one variable, others change too.

But to entertain the question, if he comes back this year and has the exact same injury at the same exact point in the season (injured in December), I think he gets drafted much higher. He’d have another year of film to show that he can play assignment-sound football.

Edited by Nope

1 hour ago, Nope said:

Your ‘what if’ scenario isn’t how life works. Once you change one variable, others change too.

But to entertain the question, if he comes back this year and has the exact same injury at the same exact point in the season (injured in December), I think he gets drafted much higher. He’d have another year of film to show that he can play assignment-sound football.

I’m having a hard time taking you, or this take seriously. So we’ll just agree to disagree. Y’all talk about these situations like you’re playing a dynasty on EA NCAA Football 

• Like 2

I want all of our guys to be successful in the nfl and to make the amount of money we all wished we had. I don’t judge them for going.  I didn’t judge Vince for leaving a year early. Mack had it good because I think vince was one of the first juniors to leave early. However, as a fan it sucks. If Vince had come back he would have won the heisman. Probably another national championship. If our guys would have come back for their senior years this year who knows how much better we would have been. I get it, but it sucks.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Not at all! 5 solo tackles and 5 assisted tackles in 12 games. He will not be missed.

He will be a free agent in 2 years.

It is what it is. 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/12/18/18146909/bengals-malik-jefferson-ir-chris-worley-texas-longhorns-ohio-state-buckeyes

Then again, if his foot was about to break, and it broke this year.... maybe things could've went worse..

• Like 1

I don't think his season was a bust as it was like a lot of middle round to low round rookie linebackers just mainly on special teams. I can't decide if he or Connor Williams had the worse rookie season. He was drafted mainly for depth and special teams and didn't do much, but Williams was drafted to be a plug-in starter at a position he can't play in the NFL and was atrocious and benched.

Based on expectations you're right, although because of shitty coaching Williams is being played at a position anyone who watched him at Texas knew he wouldn't be able to play in the NFL. If he gets moved to right tackle I think he ends up having a much better career. 

Edited by In10se

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Regarding Fromm’s quote : why?  Because SEC supposed to be tough,  big boy football?  Not from what I saw tonight!  Just like Drew Lock, another SEC Superman who gets taken to the woodshed by Texas defense. 

On 12/23/2018 at 10:14 AM, kevwun said:

He's still going to get bullrushed at tackle and I don't know if he will ever be strong enough to stop it. 

The difference is the leverage. On the Interior going aganst shorter DTs he's at an extreme disadvantage. On the outside Connor's athleticism would benefit him more going against guys who won't typically won't shut a drastic difference in their center of gravity compared to him. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn