Chemical Weapons Attack in Syria

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Uh, walk me through the logic of using chemical weapons at all. 

terror. Was it phosgene? Where did I see that the other day? Doesn't matter. The point is the same, whether it is sarin gas, mustard, phosgene or chlorine, in France or in Syria, the effectiveness of the cloud of death is well documented. 

Is your assertion that there was no chemical attack or that someone other than Assad’s forces carried it out?  If the latter, who do you think did it?

I don't know who did it. There was no investigation. That said logic and history tell me it probably wasn't who we're being told it was.

Better question is even if Assad did do it is it worth starting a war over? Also, being a nation of laws as we pretend to be why is The President starting a war unilaterally without a vote from Congress who has that authority under the Constitution?

Did you wait for data about pizzagate? Did you even wait for an accusation of a crime?

You constantly do this stupid shit while supporting an absolutely ridiculous conspiracy.

Jesus dude we just dropped ordnance on a country probably killing a lot of civilians and you're fucking bent out of shape about a god damn pizza place that I said was weird. Come back to reality

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

terror. Was it phosgene? Where did I see that the other day? Doesn't matter. The point is the same, whether it is sarin gas, mustard, phosgene or chlorine, in France or in Syria, the effectiveness of the cloud of death is well documented. 

I understand the damage said weapons inflict. I Just think he’s attempting to apply logic to an illogical regime. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

Jesus dude we just dropped ordnance on a country probably killing a lot of civilians and you're fucking bent out of shape about a god damn pizza place that I said was weird. Come back to reality

That’s the fucking point. You don’t trust anything the government or media or experts tell you but you trust fucking Alex Jones. And then you act like you’re better than everyone when called on your bullshit.

• Like 1

That’s the fucking point. You don’t trust anything the government or media or experts tell you but you trust fucking Alex Jones. And then you act like you’re better than everyone when called on your bullshit.

No I don't trust Alex Jones. You're projecting and still talking about something irrelevant because a perceived axe you want to grind.

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

MIB isn’t a troll. 

well, i don't think he used to be one. i'm not so sure about now. his posting of stupid fucking memes would indicate otherwise. his posting in the pizzagate thread (i must have blocked out his participation, or else i would have sidelined him much more quickly) would indicate otherwise.

3 minutes ago, maninblack said:

The real tragedy is that there's still too many that refuse to actually wake the fuck up

Right.  You just accused the United States of using a terrorist organization as a proxy to give us a reason to bomb women and children.  And anyone who doesn't see it needs to wake up.

No offense, but it bothers me greatly that people as stupid as you exist. 

Right.  You just accused the United States of using a terrorist organization as a proxy to give us a reason to bomb women and children.  And anyone who doesn't see it needs to wake up.
No offense, but it bothers me greatly that people as stupid as you exist. 

Have you ever fought in a war?

A logical fallacy is posting that the mainstream media lied to start the Vietnam War, Desert Storm, or Desert Shield. 

So your issue isn't that that the US government just engaged in a war of aggression but that I posted something criticizing the media's complicity in past wars. Got it.

Just now, maninblack said:

It was rhetorical because I knew if you had you'd be much less cavalier about starting one. That and you're obviously clueless to history and what our government does around the world.

No point in us talking any further on this.  Get some help.

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

Maybe if you'd participated in one at the level that I did and saw the things I saw you'd have different opinion. It changed mine on how the world works. But I'm just the insane guy.

So you know my background?

22 minutes ago, maninblack said:

So your issue isn't that that the US government just engaged in a war of aggression but that I posted something criticizing the media's complicity in past wars. Got it.

Uh, you didn't post something "criticizing the media's complicity in past wars." You posted downright falsehoods.

If you really a decent grasp on the situation there, drop what you are doing and read this

Intro to this very long read:

William R. Polk first wrote for The Atlantic during the Eisenhower administration, with a report in 1958 about tensions in Iraq. Soon after that, he was recruited from a teaching position at Harvard to work on the State Department’s Policy Planning staff in the Kennedy administration. In the years since, he has written and taught extensively about international affairs, especially in the Middle East.

Earlier this year, Polk wrote a series of very widely read dispatches for our site about U.S. policy toward Afghanistan and Syria. He also has two new books available on Amazon. The first, Humpty Dumpty: The Fate of Regime Change, deals with the history and current affairs of Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Syria, Libya, and Mali. The second is an espionage novel called Blind Man's Buff and carries the tale of the Great Game for control of Central Asia into the present. (I have just bought it on Amazon and will report back after reading it.)

Now he offers an updated report on the grim prospects in Syria. Like his previous offerings, it is long and detailed—but as with the others, it offers both a coherent perspective and a myriad of facts and insights you will not find elsewhere.  —James Fallows

42 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Nice try, but nobody who fell for that bullshit is going to be able to live that down.  Lulz at you telling other people to wake up.