Luka Doncic

Goo Punch

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
46 minutes ago, BeardIP said:
Luka for MVP.

He's a future MVP, but not this year

Should be. Who has been better, individually? And if he can get the Mavs into the playoffs on a 16-4 or 17-3 final quarter of the season, he should be #1.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Should be. Who has been better, individually? And if he can get the Mavs into the playoffs on a 16-4 or 17-3 final quarter of the season, he should be #1.
Jokic is going to get the makeup for last year. But Luka is probably the odds on favorite for next year.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
With 400 career games played as of Wednesday night, Luka Dončić qualifies for career NBA leaders in all per-game stat categories.

Top career combined ppg, rpg and apg in NBA history are now:

Wilt Chamberlain- 57.4
Luka Dončić- 45.6
Bob Pettit- 45.6
Elgin Baylor- 45.2
Oscar Robertson- 42.7
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

#freezingcoldtakes

Don't have to dig too deeply into the Mavs thread (Game 4 against OKC, to be exact) to find takes like "[historic playoff] stats are overrated" and "stats aren't wins" (for a guy who's already been to a WCF) and "he doesn't have a killer instinct".

• Hook 'Em 1

Somewhere in this site (ot the other version), I Believe I made a post from when Luka was a rookie playing against the Rockets in October and I proclaimed he was going to be a baller.

Cat is a fucking heart attack. 

I'm not a Mavs fan, but he's probably the greatest Mav of all time. Enjoy the view.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well, he’s on a trajectory to be the best NBA player of all time, so yeah that would make him the greatest Mav too. He needs a ring though, if not this year, it feels inevitable in the next few years. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Fouling out with 4 mins to go in the biggest game of his young career is not a good look

Yeah, he definitely needs to grow in the next couple of years. 

Though Kidd's TO with all of the momentum should get more criticism. It's definitely more difficult for a young player to overcome something that emotionally upsetting. He got both of his fouls soon after it. 

10 hours ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Though Kidd's TO with all of the momentum should get more criticism. It's definitely more difficult for a young player to overcome something that emotionally upsetting. He got both of his fouls soon after it. 

That Jason Kidd timeout during the 20 point Mavs run was stupid and gave the Celtics a chance to regroup after pissing away a huge lead. Luka’s defense is terrible but Jason Kidd’s coaching is just as bad if he can’t make the right adjustments and has THJ on the floor to do absolutely nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

He’s a spectacular talent.  Chance to be the Goat but he needs to trust his teammates

He does, they're letting him down this series, in part because Boston's defense is really good and deep. His teammates won the LAC and OKC series for him when they were doubling him and PJ, Lively, etc. went off. During the OKC series the local radio guys called him a ball hog and I almost called in to call them on that bullshit. He finished second or third in assists. It's very obvious that if he's doubled, he finds an open man. If he's iso'd on someone he can take, he takes. His game is very smart and unselfish, while also recognizing and acknowledging that he's the best scorer in the game and he uses that to help the team. As far as I can see, he could use a little better conditioning and needs to improve his overall defense (there are some plays where he looks great at defending but its not consistent). Dirk improved his defense over time too, it'll happen for Luka I think.

17 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

yeah makes it to the nba finals but he can't win.  it's a troll take and you should be ashamed of yourself for quoting it.

Seriously, first Finals at 25 years old, and two conference finals appearances in three years. Up against a better and deeper overall team. Dumbest take ever.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

He does, they're letting him down this series, in part because Boston's defense is really good and deep. His teammates won the LAC and OKC series for him when they were doubling him and PJ, Lively, etc. went off. During the OKC series the local radio guys called him a ball hog and I almost called in to call them on that bullshit. He finished second or third in assists. It's very obvious that if he's doubled, he finds an open man. If he's iso'd on someone he can take, he takes. His game is very smart and unselfish, while also recognizing and acknowledging that he's the best scorer in the game and he uses that to help the team. As far as I can see, he could use a little better conditioning and needs to improve his overall defense (there are some plays where he looks great at defending but its not consistent). Dirk improved his defense over time too, it'll happen for Luka I think.

Seriously, first Finals at 25 years old, and two conference finals appearances in three years. Up against a better and deeper overall team. Dumbest take ever.

Dude is James Harden 2.0, enjoy those stats bro. But as you pointed out hes young so he can improve, first thing he needs to do is dedicate his offseason to actually fucking look like a 21st century NBA player and then stop with the constant bitching to the refs

• Fuck You 1

42 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Dude is James Harden 2.0, enjoy those stats bro. But as you pointed out hes young so he can improve, first thing he needs to do is dedicate his offseason to actually fucking look like a 21st century NBA player and then stop with the constant bitching to the refs

He has two trips to the WCF and one finals appearance with completely different rosters in a 3 year period at the age of 25. This is just a moronic take. Not to mention the lack of Harden's history of being a complete and total fucking no show in the playoffs.

Edited by ITHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

So I guess this is the thread where Spurs and Rockets douchebags spend their time now since their teams won't be sniffing the playoffs for the foreseeable future.  Cool Cool.

Yeah I forgot this wasn't the Mavs thread. Comparing Luka to James Harden. Holy Fucking Shit, LOL. Maybe the dumbest opinion ever posted on this site and I think you've had an aggy or two show up from time to time. Should have at least gone with Russel Westbrook or something, at least a little closer, but still dumb as fucking shit.

8 hours ago, ITHorn said:

He has two trips to the WCF and one finals appearance with completely different rosters in a 3 year period at the age of 25. This is just a moronic take. Not to mention the lack of Harden's history of being a complete and total fucking no show in the playoffs.

This. Criticizing the defense is one thing, but making James Harden comparisons is like 3 bridges too far. Luka is, and always has been, a postseason monster. His stats are always at, or better, than his regular season numbers, and there's no such thing as empty playoff stats. I'd take him in a playoff game over anyone in the league outside of that dude in Denver. There exists no world where Luke goes a completely disinterested 2 for 11 in an elimination game. He's always going to bring it. 

20 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This. Criticizing the defense is one thing, but making James Harden comparisons is like 3 bridges too far. Luka is, and always has been, a postseason monster. His stats are always at, or better, than his regular season numbers, and there's no such thing as empty playoff stats. I'd take him in a playoff game over anyone in the league outside of that dude in Denver. There exists no world where Luke goes a completely disinterested 2 for 11 in an elimination game. He's always going to bring it. 

His game is comparable to Harden except he does it when it matters while Harden shrinks.