CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

From someone who’s been working her ass off in a hospital this entire time -

giphy.gif

No idea why you would be pissed at this post.  It’s actually supportive of healthcare workers.  Y’all have been shit on.

It is a complete failure to not have surge infrastructure in place to make overwhelming hospital capacity impossible(highly unlikely).  Instead we stood pat and then fired a bunch of nurses.

How many nurses could be trained and surge capacity maintained in two years with even 1 of the 9 or so Trillion spent on Covid?

10 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Instead we stood pat and then fired a bunch of nurses.

I don't think sending unvaccinated nurses into a COVID ward is a good idea for anyone. And as a patient, I would be shitpissed if I or a family member was exposed to COVID or made ill because a nurse cared more about themselves than their patient.

10 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

How many nurses could be trained and surge capacity maintained in two years with even 1 of the 9 or so Trillion spent on Covid?

You act as if all that extra money wasn't flowing into the record corporate and insurance industry profits. The rich gotta get richer too, man!

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

don't think sending unvaccinated nurses into a COVID ward is a good idea for anyone. And as a patient, I would be shitpissed if I or a family member was exposed to COVID or made ill because a nurse cared more about themselves than their patient.

They are actually having Covid positive people report to work now.

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You act as if all that extra money wasn't flowing into the record corporate and insurance industry profits. The rich gotta get richer too, man!

The fuck does that have to do with spending the money on something we actually all needed?  Are you simply agreeing?

No idea why you would be pissed at this post.  It’s actually supportive of healthcare workers.  Y’all have been shit on.
It is a complete failure to not have surge infrastructure in place to make overwhelming hospital capacity impossible(highly unlikely).  Instead we stood pat and then fired a bunch of nurses.

I…..this post could not BE more wrong.

I reiterate -

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Absent a breakout variant that causes much more severe disease this shit is over. I’m 90% confident that is what we will see. Hospitals are wide open for elective cases. Reported infections from the omicron surge are plummeting and hospitalized, ICU, and deaths will follow. Anyone canceling a nationwide or worldwide tour at this point is worried about shit other than Covid

Yeah, I think that first part is what causes my lack of confidence. I agree, if everything stays the same, April should be better. But we've been thrown a few curve balls already and I ain't going to just assume that the pitcher is going to stop throwing them. And as I said in my other post, there are a variety of other reasons why a concert organizer may be hesitant. Maybe they aren't well financed or insured and can't risk having to cancel at a latter date? I may not make the same call if I were the organizer, but I do understand it. 

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

Shit has changed. (polling) 

i love this narrative.

nothing changed.  masking, mandates, lockdowns, school closures - all polled bad.  nobody wanted to do it.  city and state leaders did it because they gave a shit about public health and were trying to protect people up to and including people who were too stupid to protect themselves.

meanwhile the doctors are saying the weakest and quickest of the variants is winding down at a steeper slope than the last spike, so shit is getting reopened and mandates are getting lifted. 

but sure, it's because of new polling lol.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

\How many nurses could be trained and surge capacity maintained in two years with even 1 of the 9 or so Trillion spent on Covid?

I strongly suggest you go watch the 60 Minutes episode from 3 nights ago and listen to the CMO of a major hospital system talking about how it is impossible to "staff up" with any significant utility for multiple years to come.

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I strongly suggest you go watch the 60 Minutes episode from 3 nights ago and listen to the CMO of a major hospital system talking about how it is impossible to "staff up" with any significant utility for multiple years to come.

Interdasting…now large hospital system’s and corporation’s word is gospel.

Can you let me know then that shifts back to they are all full of shit?

Edited by Incredulity
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Deaths are still very high as are hospitalizations. Way higher than than other times during the pandemic. It has everything to do with politics. There is no scientific reason to let down your guard at this point if that was you original reasoning. 

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume real trivial shit like "you have to get infected before you get hospitalized or die".  if true, the trends and data are promising, and don't at all match what you're suggesting.  not all indicators are immediate.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html

but hey, do your own research, right?

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

You approach to staffing of a hospital has all the delicacy of how I play dynasty on NCAA football.

Just make more that are ready if we need them.

If you think the exceedingly small percentage of nurses that are at different nursing jobs because of their vaccination status was big deal, just wait until you tell a bunch of nurses their paycheck will be dependent on how irresponsible the community is when/if they get sick.

And then you have the issue of making sure the ICU is staffed from a front desk to cleaning crew to Intensive Pulmonologists.

Oh and there was a shortage of nurses and medical providers before the Pandemic.

But yeah, just use money and make more and use them if we need them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Deaths are still very high as are hospitalizations. Way higher than than other times during the pandemic. It has everything to do with politics. There is no scientific reason to let down your guard at this point if that was you original reasoning. 

Deaths are high because a bunch of anti vaxxer trump supporting idiots are committing suicide due to omicron which is now receding.  Too bad so sad. 

I love how all the trump supporters are decrying the easing of restrictions saying its all political.  It’s common sense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Bravo said:

It's not bitching. It's pointing out the obvious hypocrisy. They see public sentiment is now exhausted of the mandates and magically even though numbers are way worse than at other time points during the pandemic things let up on the mandates. I'm personally glad it is happening but it's very clear as to why. 

Everything that guy just said is bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Bravo said:

It's not bitching. It's pointing out the obvious hypocrisy. They see public sentiment is now exhausted of the mandates and magically even though numbers are way worse than at other time points during the pandemic things let up on the mandates. I'm personally glad it is happening but it's very clear as to why. 

Do you ever make a post that is not completely idiotic?

14 minutes ago, MoJames said:

You approach to staffing of a hospital has all the delicacy of how I play dynasty on NCAA football.

Just make more that are ready if we need them.

2 years we have been at this.

nursing programs are less than 18 months.  Are you telling me those can’t be significantly compressed?

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

2 years we have been at this.

nursing programs are less than 18 months.  Are you telling me those can’t be significantly compressed?

Ah good, you missed the entire message.

The limitation to having prn nurses available to treat COVID patients has absolutely nothing to do with the length of nursing school.

In a couple weeks, the gaslighting will start.  Dems will claim they were against masking mandates and vaccine passports all along.

3,000 people a day are dying.  Much higher than when "Deathsantis" got rid of mandates.

Hypocritical pieces of shit.  They should be lined up and shot for what they've done to kids.

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

In a couple weeks, the gaslighting will start.  Dems will claim they were against masking mandates and vaccine passports all along.

3,000 people a day are dying.  Much higher than when "Deathsantis" got rid of mandates.

Hypocritical pieces of shit.  They should be lined up and shot for what they've done to kids.

Happy hour is from 3-6. Nearing the end of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Ask the couple million poor kids who just disappeared from public school rolls when schools were shutdown and never came back.  If you can find them.

I don’t think triggering snowflake parents is grounds for execution. Maybe just tell those parents not to be weak ass pussy’s. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i'm starting to think a degree from MIT ain't shit

edit:

🤣

image.thumb.jpeg.5bf95a9e0430c9aa4c353937da82cea9.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

You’re not really this stupid are you?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I don’t think triggering snowflake parents is grounds for execution. Maybe just tell those parents not to be weak ass pussy’s. 

Weird they care about kids now. I only hear about the precious 2nd Amendment whenever a school gets shot up from them

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

What have they done to kids exactly?

Apparently a thousand of them, according to John Stockton, were made to play professional sports and then died unnecessarily due to the vaccine.