CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

14 minutes ago, Bravo said:

It's a bold plan. It may just work except I don't think those are mainly Rs dying despite popular belief. 

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

How do you figure? The unvaccinated are primarily dying, and Dems are like 98% vaccinate because we're all sheep remember?

The deep south states have either surpassed or about to surpass the northeastern states in terms of death rates, even though the latter had the oh so great fortune of bearing the brunt of the first wave, plus an older population and the Cuomo nursing home fiasco. The current leaders in hospitalizations reads like standings in the SEC.

That may not be as R heavy as the general population in those states because the black populations there are generally in pretty poor health and more vulnerable relative to the white population, and partisanship in the south is essentially racial.

Still, with the notable exception of the rural black belt in the south, the per capita death rate is generally higher in red, rural areas. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

My favorite part of this is where Johnny writes “license to be an utter piece of shit in every other aspect in my life” in the memo line of each check to Hatian Orphans to Soothe the Conscience, Inc. Such refreshing honesty should be applauded these days.

I’m a piece of shit because I despise white libs and their policies that have absolutely destroyed black communities and families for 50 plus years?  I guess I’ll wear that one. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Have the Ottawa arsonists been arrested yet? That seemed like a slam dunk with the surveillance video. 

Police? Going after the right? You must not study history, friend. The police have always been a friend to the right and given them preferential treatment. Frequently recruit from the far right as well, as exemplified by the shocking number of active police officers who attacked democracy on January 6th. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

18 months IS significantly compressed!

There are only two types of nursing degrees that you can get in 18 months. An accelerated BSN for people who already have a bachelor's degree and an LVN degree.

LVNs aren't even allowed to pass out meds in a lot of facilities. They absolutely can't take care of critical covid patients, or even non-critical COVID patients. Most hospitals don't hire LVNs anymore. They typically now work in clinics and SNFs, and usually have to work under an RN's supervision. No disrespect to them, because it's an underappreciated yet critical gig, but "vocational" is in the acronym for a reason.

As for accelerated degrees, speaking as a nurse who has one, it's all well and good to be a nurse on paper. It's quite another in practice. The nurses who got their degrees and began practicing during COVID have been trained to much lower standards and with significantly fewer resources than prior years. Just the type of nurse you want taking care of your loved ones. 

Fucking awful time to be a patient in the hospital. Be careful and try to stay healthy.

I don't care what political disagreements you have with trauma babe...what kind of unbridled piece of shit negs this particular post? Go drunk Sack, you're home. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Oh, I will freely admit that I neg a lot. Unentertaining trolls, bad faith posters, racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic posts will get negs without a second thought. Takes me a millisecond at the most. Sometimes I misjudge a post (forever apologetic to @Lobo), but I really don't think that's the case with any Trump lovers, anti-vaxxers, etc.

Y'all care for these fictional internet points so much. I don't get it. Turn off rep notifications or make fewer shitty posts, I guess? 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’m a piece of shit because I despise white libs and their policies that have absolutely destroyed black communities and families for 50 plus years?  I guess I’ll wear that one. 

No, you’re a piece of shit because you suggested that your political opponents should be murdered for trying to keep people safe from a pandemic that’s killed millions of people. I’m sure their children would be better off without their parents but with $3 a month from your pathetic attempts to convince yourself you’re a decent person.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Nobody thinks you're a piece of shit because of how you feel about any policies. Jesus Christ. Do you actually believe that?

And good job on the philanthropy.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, trauma babe said:

Oh, I will freely admit that I neg a lot. Unentertaining trolls, bad faith posters, racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic posts will get negs without a second thought. Takes me a millisecond at the most. Sometimes I misjudge a post (forever apologetic to @Lobo), but I really don't think that's the case with any Trump lovers, anti-vaxxers, etc.

Y'all care for these fictional internet points so much. I don't get it. Turn off rep notifications or make fewer shitty posts, I guess? 

Snowflakes gonna snowflake.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I send your mortgage payment every month to Haiti to feed, house, care for and educate poor black children. That’s out of my earnings.   

What do you do?  Post a black square on Facebook?  I bet you don’t give shit.  

When you have to tell everyone you are a good person, chances are you are not.  It is similar to those who have to preface every sentence with, "As a Christian."  Chances are, you are a shitty Christian if you have to tell everyone you are one.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, trauma babe said:

Lobo is a funny poster, but I like to pop him with a neg jab every now and then to keep him sharp. Used to like to do the same when Hugo would get in a tizzy as well, but he hasn't been around as much lately. 

And which one of you scumbags looked in the mirror and said Bravo five times? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Neg all you want, don't care.  Happy I can make you laugh in real life from time to time.  God knows we need more of it in the world.  

And Trauma Babe-no need to be apologetic.  I honestly don't remember what you misjudged, but I'm sure I was being a sarcastic asshole.  But you of all people, after a long shift caring for the sick and wounded---if wanna judge, not judge, vent, not vent, lurk, neg rep, or just laugh with me or at me...this is your space.  Stay gold. 

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

And which one of you scumbags looked in the mirror and said Bravo five times? 

It was my fault. I was sitting there reading this thread and thought to myself. Man I haven’t seen that troll bravo in awhile and bam, he showed right up. It’s like the final scene in ghostbusters. 

I assume Bravo caught a ban, because he disappeared for a while. Sadly, I guess it ended.

Last night Sack dropped "family foundation" "pay your mortgage to Haitian kids" "kill all dems" and likely some other gems. Must have been a wild happy hour at Cracker Barrel.

Maybe with the midterms coming up, he'll reenter the rat-fucking world.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

I assume Bravo caught a ban, because he disappeared for a while. Sadly, I guess it ended.

Last night Sack dropped "family foundation" "pay your mortgage to Haitian kids" "kill all dems" and likely some other gems. Must have been a wild happy hour at Cracker Barrel.

Maybe with the midterms coming up, he'll reenter the rat-fucking world.

By the time November rolls around, Sack’s diatribes will resembles TTom’s. I wonder if the death threats will be funnier coming from a trust fund kid.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Neg all you want, don't care.  Happy I can make you laugh in real life from time to time.  God knows we need more of it in the world.  

And Trauma Babe-no need to be apologetic.  I honestly don't remember what you misjudged, but I'm sure I was being a sarcastic asshole.  But you of all people, after a long shift caring for the sick and wounded---if wanna judge, not judge, vent, not vent, lurk, neg rep, or just laugh with me or at me...this is your space.  Stay gold. 

Yeah.....she's still not sending you nudes, hombre.

I'd accept nudes, but I'm actually dying to know what the hell that thing in her avatar is.  Been bugging me for two years but I just never think to ask. 

It looks like a  doctor wearing a cloak with one of those bird beak masks they wore in the 1918 flu pandemic but instead of a head, it's like a skinny neck/head of like a tall bird.  Some kinda steampunk aviary nurse thing going on?  Oh it's a scene, man.  

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

When you have to tell everyone you are a good person, chances are you are not.  It is similar to those who have to preface every sentence with, "As a Christian."  Chances are, you are a shitty Christian if you have to tell everyone you are one.

Woman in New York that claims she should have better access to vaccines than poor people gives lectures on being a good person. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'd accept nudes, but I'm actually dying to know what the hell that thing in her avatar is.  Been bugging me for two years but I just never think to ask. 

It looks like a  doctor wearing a cloak with one of those bird beak masks they wore in the 1918 flu pandemic but instead of a head, it's like a skinny neck/head of like a tall bird.  Some kinda steampunk aviary nurse thing going on?  Oh it's a scene, man.  

woman in gown with shawl down near her elbows

Edited by elfenix

13 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

By the time November rolls around, Sack’s diatribes will resembles TTom’s. I wonder if the death threats will be funnier coming from a trust fund kid.

No trust fund nor inheritance for me.  After he died, I did get my granddad's .270 and 7 mag, all his Leddy boots since he and I are the only size 13s in our family, and his Zeiss binoculars.

If you knew my grandparents, you'd know what they think of trust funds or bequeathing a bunch of money to family. 

Woman in New York that claims she should have better access to vaccines than poor people gives lectures on being a good person. 

Woman in New York celebrates firefighters losing their jobs and ladders closing down because they won’t take the jab to protect her from her own double boosted triple masked self gives lectures on being a good person
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 3

15 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Not what was said, but not shocked that your idiotic, misogynistic self lies.  Bless your heart.

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Woman in New York celebrates firefighters losing their jobs and ladders closing down because they won’t take the jab to protect her from her own double boosted triple masked self gives lectures on being a good person

The pandemic broke you.  Post less.  But also, all first responders should get the vaccine.  They do not want the jab, fucking work somewhere else.  This isn't rocket science, but it fucking seems to be beyond you.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

“Instead, it intends to require a negative PCR test or a negative rapid antigen test on the day of the event.”

yeah, this is something that needs to be discussed a little bit more because our friends on the other side of the aisle (or the other side of the vaccine debate) can't seem to understand it.

as a person, i would like as many people to get vaccinated as possible to help curb the virus so we can get back to our normal lives.  as a person, i also understand that people have choices and because of reasons, some won't want to get vaccinated.  and that's something i can deal with.  i have some righty friends that got the shot right away but don't believe anyone should be forced to.  where the rubber hits the road is when you start allowing or disallowing these people to go where they want.

this is why everyone's status needs to be shared and negative tests (instead of vax proof) can serve the same purpose.  there are plenty of businesses that don't require vax, but they do require status.  hey look dude, i understand you don't want to get the shot, but that's not something you can keep to yourself.  we're gonna treat you differently and make sure everyone knows you didn't get the shot.  we're also gonna make you take constant tests so we know that you don't have it.  seems unfair?  then get the fucking shot or shut the fuck up.

nobody gave a shit that aaron rodgers didn't get the shot, they gave a shit that he lied about his situation and status and completely misled folks around him who thought they could trust him.

the oscars are a small-ish event.  it is also very secure.  they can (and will) spend hours and hours making sure everyone inside has tested negative that day.  most events cannot function this way unfortunately, and nobody's real life can function this way.

sorry to derail.  let's get back to sack and how he dislikes dems because of policies that hurt minorities.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

as a person, i also understand that people have choices and because of reasons, some won't want to get vaccinated.  and that's something i can deal with. 

You are the minority both on this site and in your party in regards to this.  Unvaxxed=any and all problems that can’t be blamed on Trump.   But between those two, 100% of the blame should reside. 

27 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

yeah, this is something that needs to be discussed a little bit more because our friends on the other side of the aisle (or the other side of the vaccine debate) can't seem to understand it.

as a person, i would like as many people to get vaccinated as possible to help curb the virus so we can get back to our normal lives.  as a person, i also understand that people have choices and because of reasons, some won't want to get vaccinated.  and that's something i can deal with.  i have some righty friends that got the shot right away but don't believe anyone should be forced to.  where the rubber hits the road is when you start allowing or disallowing these people to go where they want.

this is why everyone's status needs to be shared and negative tests (instead of vax proof) can serve the same purpose.  there are plenty of businesses that don't require vax, but they do require status.  hey look dude, i understand you don't want to get the shot, but that's not something you can keep to yourself.  we're gonna treat you differently and make sure everyone knows you didn't get the shot.  we're also gonna make you take constant tests so we know that you don't have it.  seems unfair?  then get the fucking shot or shut the fuck up.

nobody gave a shit that aaron rodgers didn't get the shot, they gave a shit that he lied about his situation and status and completely misled folks around him who thought they could trust him.

the oscars are a small-ish event.  it is also very secure.  they can (and will) spend hours and hours making sure everyone inside has tested negative that day.  most events cannot function this way unfortunately, and nobody's real life can function this way.

sorry to derail.  let's get back to sack and how he dislikes dems because of policies that hurt minorities.

perfectly reasonable stance and the way forward.  It's also a different stance than some of our most fervent posters on this site (both sides!!) have regarding vax status.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

It's concept/promo art for the film Phantom Thread, which I encourage you to watch if you've never seen it. The acting, directing, photography, fashion, and fully-clothed eroticism is all top notch. 

I wish nurses got to wear outfits like it to work! I'm a haute couture poseur because I get paid even less now than I did as a trauma ICU nurse, but I aspire to have a closet full of labels like Penelope's is. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You are the minority both on this site and in your party in regards to this.  Unvaxxed=any and all problems that can’t be blamed on Trump.   But between those two, 100% of the blame should reside. 

anti-vaxxers are making it a lot harder to get through this pandemic.  that's a fact.  trumpers are going to do stupid shit (unrelated to covid) that we cannot control.  that's another fact.  where i live has a very high % of vaccination, so maybe i'm insulated from the ignorance.  i have the brainpower to understand both sides of the argument, but also the clarity to feel comfortable and confident with the decisions i've made.

selfishly, a prolonged pandemic is hurting my business, because a lot of what i do is in events.  anti-vaxxer nonsense has been around since well before covid.  it was nonsense then and it's nonsense now.  what bothers me more is when dumb, impressionable people get taken for a ride by the snake-oil salesmen with the big megaphones who make everything political.  they're literally killing people.

as for trump and all his absolute horribleness and his inability to shut the fuck up, it's his silence on covid that has caused the most damage.  dude was within an inch of his life and he knew it.  he also got the best treatment in the universe as well as every possible vaccine and booster.  he could've put an end to a lot of suffering and chose not to in the name of political expediency.  fucking sad.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

perfectly reasonable stance and the way forward.  It's also a different stance than some of our most fervent posters on this site (both sides!!) have regarding vax status.

you say it's reasonable, but i've heard plenty of folks on the right who don't feel this way.  they don't want to share their status for a number of obvious and some stupid reasons.  i think they should be segregated and marked with a big red x like fucking hawthorne.

like i said, i understand that some people don't want to get the shot.  i cannot control the ignorant.  i think those people should absolutely be restricted in where they go and who they're allowed to be around.  their choices should be reflected in their premiums and their paychecks.  their life should be harder because of their choices.

• Hook 'Em 4