CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Just now, tchookem said:
10 minutes ago, workswithseed said:
I'm glad you admitted they are a government entity. 
I do if I have to ask you for money because it's taken out for taxes.

I haven't admitted shit, beggar. Now why don't you go dumpster diving, maybe you'll find yourself some bootstraps.

Ummm.. Kay.

6 minutes ago, tchookem said:

In this case, I am taking to you. If you think the bolded has in any way been part of the equation, then you really haven't paying attention.

I can only suggest how things should work.  Hopefully people do not confuse that with an assessment of how they actually work. 

• Like 1

I can only suggest how things should work.  Hopefully people do not confuse that with an assessment of how they actually work. 
Fair enough. The only thing I ask is that teachers (including teachers unions) stop being included in any discussion of why things are the way they are.

18 hours ago, tchookem said:
19 hours ago, JimmyJames said:
Seems like a slow weekend for the right wing hate machine/snowflake factory. Haven’t heard much about masks, vaccine mandates, ebil Dems, etc. Super bowl weekend? 

But they're totally not watching the woke NFL.

A bit hypocritical regardless of politics..

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2022 at 10:55 PM, jimmyjazz said:

My last of 4 kids is now a HS senior.  Never once has "teacher unions" come up in any discussions with AISD teachers or officials, and all 4 did their whole K-12 time in AISD.

I’m pretty sure teachers union in Texas is just a nominal thing

Edited by Sawbonz

32 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Things are getting pretty wild in Canada. Trudeau invoking emergency powers to squash trucker protests. Lefty authoritarianism. Interesting to follow as Canada inspired a lot of these movements around the world. 

Blackface going to use emergency powers to crush protesters?

45 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Things are getting pretty wild in Canada. Trudeau invoking emergency powers to squash trucker protests. Lefty authoritarianism. Interesting to follow as Canada inspired a lot of these movements around the world. 

Yeah, dotard didn't even invoke emergency powers, he just did it.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/17/892277592/federal-officers-use-unmarked-vehicles-to-grab-protesters-in-portland

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

something something polling. something something easter

The effects of long term isolation? They are the biggest bunch of pussies. 
Also, Who in the fuck is still isolated? Hell, most mask mandates are gone. The only thing left is airplane masks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I’m going against my better judgment by interacting with someone so clearly brain damaged. 

I’m not justifying the actions taking in Portland, only comparing the circumstances.

One was a prolonged protest in one city that was often violent and which damaged federal buildings repeatedly which had no explicit demands. This protest had people arrested. 

Another is a nationwide protest, that has been nonviolent and with clear asks that are increasingly popular. The response is to threaten to have financial institutions freeze and/or seize individuals assets without warrant or court order if they’re suspected of even supporting the protests. Pretty chilling stuff if you ask me. It’s in Canada but I worry about that playbook being applied in our country. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 9

8 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I’m going against my better judgment by interacting with someone so clearly brain damaged. 

I’m not justifying the actions taking in Portland, only comparing the circumstances.

One was a prolonged protest in one city that was often violent and which damaged federal buildings repeatedly which had no explicit demands. This protest had people arrested. 

Another is a nationwide protest, that has been nonviolent and with clear asks that are increasingly popular. The response is to threaten to have financial institutions freeze and/or seize individuals assets without warrant or court order if they’re suspected of even supporting the protests. Pretty chilling stuff if you ask me. It’s in Canada but I worry about that playbook being applied in our country. 

Um.  Just no.  

A new poll finds more than two-thirds of Canadians would support the use of military force to help clear out Ottawa protesters, while support for the truckers has fallen to 20 per cent – both for what they are protesting and how they are going about it.

The latest survey by Maru Public Opinion finds 64 per cent approve using the Armed Forces to clear out trucks with heavy tows while 53 per cent support the use of force by Ottawa police to remove truckers, their families and others who refuse to leave. This includes the use of tear gas and other methods, with the understanding that such measures could result in injury.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been asked on several occasions about bringing in the military to assist with the Ottawa protests. While he claims everything is on the table, he says he is “concerned about violence” and that every precaution is being taken to keep people safe.

Ottawa police Chief Peter Sloly said Friday the biggest limitation on his force’s ability to end the crisis is a lack of officers, adding he was still waiting on a response to his request for 1,800 personnel from the RCMP and Ontario Provincial Police.

Ontario premier Doug Ford declared a state of emergency on Friday, making it illegal and punishable to block and impede the movement of goods, people and services along critical infrastructure while both the cities of Ottawa and Windsor were granted injunctions to deal with protesters.

Democracy threatened

Two-thirds of Canadians believe Canada’s democracy is being threatened by the protesters while 67 per cent of those asked believe the truckers are being heavily funded by foreign interests. Six in 10 equate the current protests to the same mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol back on January 6, 2021.

Forty-six per cent blame the truckers for inciting and escalating the protests over the past two weeks while almost a third lay the blame at the feet of the prime minister. Another seven per cent blame the leadership of the federal Conservative party while one in six say “others” are responsible.

Also, Who in the fuck is still isolated? Hell, most mask mandates are gone. The only thing left is airplane masks. 
And schools...

What would your data point / local metric be that would give families the option to send their kids to school in a mask or not?

29 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

WTF happened to being angry that pols were removing Covid restrictions allegedly because of polling?  now you support them listening to the polls?  Or nope, just more shit to fling at walls.

first let me know what the libs are doing then we’ll tell you who we’re mad at. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

You are such a fucking asshole tool.

54 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Um, long-term isolating can cause or increase a host of mental health issues & even relapses. To call everyone from children to adults who had negative effects from isolation "pussies" and to just bootstrap it is a weak response. And no I don't believe the Repubs are arguing in good faith but isolation effects are real. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Um.  Just no.  

Not only should the government arrest all these “truckers,” they should also demand from surly and many other websites  all identifying information from GRUHorn so they can arrest him for inciting rebellion against the USA.

Its way past time to stop catering to these assholes. Fuck them. 

36 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

WTF happened to being angry that pols were removing Covid restrictions allegedly because of polling?  now you support them listening to the polls?  Or nope, just more shit to fling at walls.

Who was mad about liberals removing restrictions? We want them removed and were just clowning them because it was so coordinated and transparent while they tried to act like it was because the science has changed. 

Back to Trudeau, he is quite the tyrant. Impressive. 

• Fuck You 8

17 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Not only should the government arrest all these “truckers,” they should also demand from surly and many other websites  all identifying information from GRUHorn so they can arrest him for inciting rebellion against the USA.

Its way past time to stop catering to these assholes. Fuck them. 

You’re the modern day left. Party of the elite, looking to punish the working class that are engaged in peaceful protest. It’s not about health it’s about power. 

I’d like to see where you think I’ve incited rebellion against the USA. The amount of delusion on this forum grows daily.  

• Fuck You 12

He should just have the US lend him some special border patrol shock troops, like DJT used.

“But that was different” GIF.