Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

7 minutes ago, Artie Fatso said:

Oh I get it - athletics wasn't involved...you might consider they did not bulldoze Memorial stadium 

This might be the oddest comment yet.  They did not bulldoze DKR because it was not adjacent to the Medical School and most importantly, because building a new football stadium would cost a hell of a lot more than building a new basketball stadium.

I have no idea what you are getting at with this comment.  What conspiracy do you think bulldozing the basketball stadium over the football stadium confirms?

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

You have backed yourself into some really weird corners on this thread.  As examples, you think:

• There should be no luxury seating options at DKR, because rich people should not have any "rights" that "Joe Fan" does not.
  • There should be no alcohol sold at DKR because "some people" don't like to "hang out with drunks"
  • There should be no tailgating before DKR games because UT did well "for 100 years" before tailgates existed.  [This statement is almost certainly false.]
  • We should not pay coaches millions of dollars (and, presumably, they should work for free, right?), because we paid Mack a lot of money and he only won two conference titles.

Any more hot takes, Friedrich Engels?

Well, I do have history on my side. Before all your fun changes to game day and budgeting Texas did fine...In the twenty one years prior to the period I have referenced, Texas had six conference titles, played for a national title and everyone had a good time - not just those like yourself who gambled and lost....

• Fuck You 10

1 minute ago, Texas Wahoo said:

This might be the oddest comment yet.  They did not bulldoze DKR because it was not adjacent to the Medical School and most importantly, because building a new football stadium would cost a hell of a lot more than building a new basketball stadium.

I have no idea what you are getting at with this comment.  What conspiracy do you think bulldozing the basketball stadium over the football stadium confirms?

The university makes decisions on what goes where. trust me - they didn't build the medical school where it is in order to move things back to Gregory Gymnasium. Athletics was at the table and they had a big say in what it would mean for the forty year old Drum to be demolished. Huge waste of taxpayer money...

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, Artie Fatso said:

Well, I do have history on my side. Before all your fun changes to game day and budgeting Texas did fine...In the twenty one years prior to the period I have referenced, Texas had six conference titles, played for a national title and everyone had a good time - not just those like yourself who gambled and lost....

You have to realize that the times have changed since then right?  How many football championships have been won by programs who are not paying their coaches competitively and/or have no luxury boxes or tailgating?

1 minute ago, Artie Fatso said:

The university makes decisions on what goes where. trust me - they didn't build the medical school where it is in order to move things back to Gregory Gymnasium. Athletics was at the table and they had a big say in what it would mean for the forty year old Drum to be demolished. Huge waste of taxpayer money...

And you think that bulldozing the football stadium and putting the Medical School there would have saved the taxpayers some of this money?

2 minutes ago, Artie Fatso said:

Proposed terms of the bet:

We dig up DKR and dress him in a blue windbreaker, Weekend At Bernie's Style.  We hire his corpse as our head coach and pay him $58,000/year.  If he can win three conference titles in 16 years, I will give you $1,000,000 and never drink alcohol again.  If he does not win three conference titles, you give me $1,000,000 and have to get blackout drunk every night for the rest of your life.

Deal?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

Proposed terms of the bet:

We dig up DKR and dress him in a blue windbreaker, Weekend At Bernie's Style.  We hire his corpse as our head coach and pay him $58,000/year.  If he can win three conference titles in 16 years, I will give you $1,000,000 and never drink alcohol again.  If he does not win three conference titles, you give me $1,000,000 and have to get blackout drunk every night for the rest of your life.

Deal?

Deal...of course I was there the night they drove Royal out of his job...I don't think his corpse would cooperate...maybe we should get Mackovic...he already won three.

• Fuck You 4

Just now, Artie Fatso said:

Deal...of course I was there the night they drove Royal out of his job...I don't think his corpse would cooperate...maybe we should get Mackovic...he already won three.

You can't say "deal" and then change the terms of the deal, you fuckwagon.

Take a deep breath - lots of folks don't like hanging out with drunks. Maybe...just maybe, we could all be sober for the game, though I admit that is difficult given the product. 
I like getting drunk. Got drunk last night. Probably will tonight and definitely tomorrow.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Artie Fatso said:

Such a potty mouth...that doesn't blend well with psychosis. I can see you are frustrated. Here's a real bet - Texas 56 - Maryland 17

How is Texas supposed to score 56 points and keep Maryland to 17, when we're paying Herman $5 million a year?  Isn't all the money guaranteed to make him ineffectual as a coach? 

2 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

How is Texas supposed to score 56 points and keep Maryland to 17, when we're paying Herman $5 million a year?  Isn't all the money guaranteed to make him ineffectual as a coach? 

It should be much worse...must I spoon feed you continuously? Those self imposed limitations you use are a bigger problem than CDC...

Edited by Artie Fatso
  • Fuck You 7

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This thread is fucking bringing it this afternoon.

Oh yes, the same strident posters who were in meltdown about CDC calling Aggy to renew the rivalry are now in a panic to prop him up and give him a chance...

Edited by Artie Fatso
  • Fuck You 7

25 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

You have to realize that the times have changed since then right?  How many football championships have been won by programs who are not paying their coaches competitively and/or have no luxury boxes or tailgating?

Basically none since the early to mid 1990's, if I guessed, between McCarthy at Colorado in 1990 & Osborne at Nebraska in 1994, after that things really escalated by the time we get to the early to mid 2000's when the XII won national titles as a conference...

6 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Basically none since the early to mid 1990's, if I guessed, between McCarthy at Colorado in 1990 & Osborne at Nebraska in 1994, after that things really escalated by the time we get to the early to mid 2000's when the XII won national titles as a conference...

McCartney...

Edited by closetojumping

1 hour ago, Artie Fatso said:

selena-gomez-alex-russo-quote-gif.gif

Damn bro, you went way out there in disrespecting a legend, enjoy the couch this fall Artie...

• Like 1