Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

This has me hating my football team, admins, players and coaches.  Fuck all these punks. You don’t get a dime. Boys, work on your PE degrees. Maybe when I’m retired I can watch a good Texas team and at halftime drive over to the hills to piss on Tom Herman’s yard. 

Best I can tell, CDC seems to have some sense.

There's no way Herman Year Two should look like a duplicate of Herman Year One.

And if it goes on this way as this year progresses, will CDC insist that we are all treated to Herman Year Three?

I'm not getting any younger, lol.

4 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Unless we completely crater (which wouldn’t be crazy), I just don’t see how CDC doesn’t give Tom at least 3 years

Yup. I know you're right.

5-7 to 7-6 here we come, crap recruiting crop, and then welcome to Herman Year Three.

Thank god I didn't make any stupid predictions for this year, lol.

11 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Unless we completely crater (which wouldn’t be crazy), I just don’t see how CDC doesn’t give Tom at least 3 years

If Tom Herman muddles through this season at 7-5 or 6-6, the drama of his disintegrating relationship with the fans and press will be entertaining to watch.

Tom will be here for 5 years. I’m on record as saying he’s not the guy but a coach should be given a chance to bring in his own QB and OL. He was handed a turd in that regard. 

Tom made the same mistake Charlie did when he hired his staff. Lots of people pointed it out. Mensa believes he’s the smartest guy in the history of ever. It’s actually somewhat satisfying watching the smug prick have his ass handed to him by bad teams

47 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

You may be a good man and a heaven bound Christian, but fuck you straight in the goat ass for that. 

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

Tom will be here for 5 years. I’m on record as saying he’s not the guy but a coach should be given a chance to bring in his own QB and OL. He was handed a turd in that regard. 

Tom made the same mistake Charlie did when he hired his staff. Lots of people pointed it out. Mensa believes he’s the smartest guy in the history of ever. It’s actually somewhat satisfying watching the smug prick have his ass handed to him by bad teams

your second paragraph is exactly why he shouldn't be given 5 years.

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

He went out and stole the new softball coach (MIke White) from Oregon - that was a big time hire of a proven coach.  Maybe he can do the same here when we can Herman in about 15 months.  

the track coach is also supposed to be a great hire.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the track coach is also supposed to be a great hire.

My guess is he'll insist on some major changes to the staff, just as he did with GP 2 years into their B12 existence.  Meachum/Combie were the two new hires and TCU went on a roll for the next several years.  If TH isn't willing to do that, time for a new HC.

• Like 1

My guess is he'll insist on some major changes to the staff, just as he did with GP 2 years into their B12 existence.  Meachum/Combie were the two new hires and TCU went on a roll for the next several years.  If TH isn't willing to do that, time for a new HC.
CDC has raised too much money to let his football coach be a stubborn jackass. He'll force the issue
  • Like 1

Del Conte is FAR more concerned with Herman's press conference stupidity.

CDC won't get involved with personnel decisions at this point. Tom's management decisions are his own.

How Tom relates to the alumni, through the media, is a big problem. Today's fucked up "Of Mice and Men" stupidity isn't helping Herman much.

CDC finally fired up the Twitter this evening, answering questions about a track & field indoor facility, grass football field and burnt orange jerseys. But he's ignored all the ones about the football team's performance. That's obviously the right thing to do. But there's no doubt he's gotten the message. What he does with it...well, I guess we'll see.

I'm curious how any TCU folk think he'll handle our coach.

3 hours ago, Tailleur17 said:

CDC will either be remembered as the guy who let Herman go and found a proven winner, or in due time he’ll be out on his ass too.

Nah.  We have historically put up with decades of bad coaching hires from the AD.  As long as most programs are winning and the money is rolling in, he'll be fine.  The good thing about CDC is that I don't think he's going to settle for mediocrity in the main revenue sport.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

CDC finally fired up the Twitter this evening, answering questions about a track & field indoor facility, grass football field and burnt orange jerseys. But he's ignored all the ones about the football team's performance. That's obviously the right thing to do. But there's no doubt he's gotten the message. What he does with it...well, I guess we'll see.

I'm curious how any TCU folk think he'll handle our coach.

I believe it has been recounted that CDC pressured/assisted Patterson in upgrading to Cumbie/Meachum when their promoted from within coaches didn't get it done after Fuente left.

• Like 3

I believe he will wait more than one game before firing Herman.  Since this is his first football season in Austin, he will evaluate the program and make suggestions where it can and should improve.  If it can't be fixed, he will look for another coach.  Personally I think you are just a QB away from being a pretty good team.  Why you haven't had one for a number of years is puzzling.  

If what happens at our school changes the world, surely we can just figure out, somehow, to change our uniforms and get them right.  It can't be that hard.

Those things we were wearing Saturday were and are crap.

Surely we can get a little closer to this:

DmLMCTXVsAE8I0P.jpg

Edited by Wally Pryor
  • Like 2