Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

I like the shots of the crowd - student section especially. Also like how they pipe in some stadium anthems to get things going (the Mo Bamba shit is amazing).

That said... I was in section 19 and the band was non-existent. Couldn't hear them all game and couldn't tell when they started/stopped playing EoT. 

I'd like Wabash and more of the fight song and the T - E - X - A - S Texas Fight song (not sure of the name).

Idk. Can't please everyone. What mattered was the crowd showed up and was loud all game. Never going to complain when that is the case. 

(knock yourself out with the ad-hominem jokes)

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

Just now, ztejas said:

I like the shots of the crowd - student section especially. Also like how they pipe in some stadium anthems to get things going (the Mo Bamba shit is amazing).

That said... I was in section 19 and the band was non-existent. Couldn't hear them all game and couldn't tell when they started/stopped playing EoT. 

I'd like Wabash and more of the fight song and the T - E - X - A - S Texas Fight song (not sure of the name).

Idk. Can't please everyone. What mattered was the crowd showed up and was loud all game. Never going to complain when that is the case. 

March Grandioso

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

March Grandioso

Thank you! I think the band was playing it at one point because I saw the cheerleaders doing the T E X A S signs but we couldn't hear the band which fucking sucked. 

I guess I could stick around for the halftime show. But, y'know, gotta stay hydrated. 

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Del Conte's doing a great job overall but if he's not answering the question then I'm convinced that we'll never see the right color again.   So I guess we just get used to it. 

That's because this dumb question has been answered, John should be dick punched. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

If our fanbase doesn't drive CDC into early retirement, he might be one of the mentally toughest people ever.

Why don't these assholes just STFU.  No one cares about your opinion and to think that the experience of 100K people should be molded to your ideals is regarded.  We are thus far lucky to have CDC and he's getting things done.  Don't make this guy hate his job or resent the fan base.

If you are thinking about Tweeting CDC for anything other than a pat on the back, put your phone down.  You are making an ass of yourself.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Why don't these assholes just STFU.  No one cares about your opinion and to think that the experience of 100K people should be molded to your ideals is regarded.  We are thus far lucky to have CDC and he's getting things done.  Don't make this guy hate his job or resent the fan base.

If you are thinking about Tweeting CDC for anything other than a pat on the back, put your phone down.  You are making an ass of yourself.

I mean, he sorta encouraged it by replying to them. Maybe he didn’t realize what he was getting himself into, but it’s not like he was born the day before he started here. I’m sure he knows exactly what kind of tweets he’s going to get. CDC is a big boy, I think he can handle it. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fuggled said:

Getting back to the DKR-era tempo has been in the works for years.

Horse fertilizer.  I grew up playing the grooves off an LHB album recorded in the early ‘60’s.  Eyes was not played at the tempo Hanna is conducting.

Crider - LOL.  Ever wonder why she wore aggy boots while she was LHB director?  She wanted to be aggy during her college years (and apparently beyond), but they weren’t coed at the time.  She had to “settle” for LHB.

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

If our fanbase doesn't drive CDC into early retirement, he might be one of the mentally toughest people ever.

It's not in his job description to tweet back and forth is it? If he gets sick of it, he can just stop doing it or pass his twitter off to the interns, if he hasn't already.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’ve seen the 30 years of jerseys tweet multiple times now. 

But did we not just recently change the helmet decal to match the jersey?  I’d have preferred changing the jersey to match the darker helmet decal.  Burnt orange is dark. What we are using is just orange, like osu. 

But if the jersey color hasn't changed, then does that mean we haven't been using burnt orange for decades?

Edited by Machinator

9 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

THIS is how LHB should march in...

Cadence, Fight, cadence, Grandioso, cadence, Victory March.

Sweet video.  That's how I always remember them coming in. Back when you could head onto the sidelines with about 5 minutes left in the 4thQ and get player's autographs after the game.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

THIS is how LHB should march in...

Cadence, Fight, cadence, Grandioso, cadence, Victory March.

!988.  My senior year on the 40 Acres.  Now this is an entrance setting the pace for the game.  The band needs to be more involved throughout.  I really miss their grand entrance.  Sure beats "Out of Africa"!! What type of hype song was that before the TCU game started?!!!

12 hours ago, Oakbrook said:

Horse fertilizer.  I grew up playing the grooves off an LHB album recorded in the early ‘60’s.  Eyes was not played at the tempo Hanna is conducting.

Crider - LOL.  Ever wonder why she wore aggy boots while she was LHB director?  She wanted to be aggy during her college years (and apparently beyond), but they weren’t coed at the time.  She had to “settle” for LHB.

Pics

16 minutes ago, HouTex said:

During my four years at UT it seemed I drew tickets right behind the band for each game. Had to stand just about the whole damn game. Back then, unless you went to college station, nobody stood up the entire game.

You are correct. This aggy-like standing the whole game business is a recent phenomenon.

• Like 1