An answer to the question some have had since Saturday:

he should have just tweeted "fuck visiting bands."

he should have just tweeted "fuck visiting bands."

Edited by tejas60
because it shouldn't be in the quote. and fuck ou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

This. They own 'standing' just as much as they own the 'class ring.' That's aggy's MO: taking a simple common concept, and saying they do it better and we just can't understand why. 

This. Unfortunately, I think it will take a lesson from Randolph Duke, where he explains to some of the morons on this godforsaken forum that aggy didn't invent standing and that it was good enough for Princeton, Harvard, Michigan, Alabama and just about every school that had ever played college football well at some point or another. Fuck the pussy ass justification for the Olds being shitty, lazy fans who sit on their hands and bitch when fans who actually improve the environment dare to stand or say make them eat shit instead of go horns go. For a demographic that is inclined to be anti-PC the fact that that is what they choose to take issue with is a joke. Either they can pay for a suite or they can fuck off and watch the game from home, allowing another fan to actually watch the game 

We have morons who drag this stupid shit out every few years. Standing doesn’t do shit for the team. Yelling helps, but they don’t see your dumb stubborn ass standing up. There’s nothing magic about it.

If you must stand, stand for big plays or stand when we’re on defense, but don’t just stand for no reason. The reason some people have to stand to see is because assholes in front of them are standing for no reason. Don’t be an asshole. 

But if you insist on standing the whole game outside of the student section, make sure you grab that asexual spot where your nuts would be so the rest of us don’t miss what a fucktard you are. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

We have morons who drag this stupid shit out every few years. Standing doesn’t do shit for the team. Yelling helps, but they don’t see your dumb stubborn ass standing up. There’s nothing magic about it.

If you must stand, stand for big plays or stand when we’re on defense, but don’t just stand for no reason. The reason some people have to stand to see is because assholes in front of them are standing for no reason. Don’t be an asshole. 

But if you insist on standing the whole game outside of the student section, make sure you grab that asexual spot where your nuts would be so the rest of us don’t miss what a fucktard you are. 

Standing makes you louder. This is basic science dude. Standing definitely does shit. I'm also not standing for no reason. The reason I'm standing is because I'm at a fucking college football game, not the NFL, and sure as hell not the retirement home your sorry ass belongs in. I'll sit during media timeouts, halftime, and other times when the ball won't be in play for a while.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Standing makes you louder. This is basic science dude. Standing definitely does shit. I'm also not standing for no reason. The reason I'm standing is because I'm at a fucking college football game, not the NFL, and sure as hell not the retirement home your sorry ass belongs in. I'll sit during media timeouts, halftime, and other times when the ball won't be in play for a while.

You do you. If you stand needlessly in front of me, I’ll let you know about it. Just make sure and squeeze those nuts. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

You do you. If you stand needlessly in front of me, I’ll let you know about it. Just make sure and squeeze those nuts. 

Dumb post is dumb. I stood all game on Saturday. I’m 42 and in decent shape; sat in sec 1 and most people around me stood.  I’d tell you to kiss my nuts and eabod if you “let me know about it”. I bet you’re fun at parties. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Dumb post is dumb. I stood all game on Saturday. I’m 42 and in decent shape; sat in sec 1 and most people around me stood.  I’d tell you to kiss my nuts and eabod if you “let me know about it”. I bet you’re fun at parties. 

Well, congrats to you. You are 42 and still an asshole. Most people grow out of that phase by that age. 

Blink your eyes and before you know it, you are 62 and you have 42 year old “bad asses” blocking your view because nobody tells them what to do - because they are in “decent shape”.

• Like 7
  • Fuck You 1

58 minutes ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Well, congrats to you. You are 42 and still an asshole. Most people grow out of that phase by that age. 

Blink your eyes and before you know it, you are 62 and you have 42 year old “bad asses” blocking your view because nobody tells them what to do - because they are in “decent shape”.

If your view is blocked just fucking stand. If you can't stand pay for a suite. Blue hairs like you were probably happy as hell all throughout us having a shitty home environment and are now wondering how it got so much better overnight. It's because CDC killed your sad old way of life where everyone sits on their hands and doesn't do shit. Watch the game from the home, pay for a suite so you can drink do whatever old people do instead of participating in a college football game environment, or watch the game from the retirement home.

Edited by TheFlyingBoat
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Great and I'd let you know you can get a seat change or upgrade to a suite whenever you like. I'd also remind you non-nut squeezing schools have olds that aren't frail, sad sacks of decaying everything like you that stand the whole goddamn game. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Droopy said:

Good for you. I’m about your age, in good shape, have both testicles, and don’t stand for the sake of standing. I’m as loud as anyone around, and don’t do things “just because.”

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 3

And to the d-bag who said standing makes you louder, that’s only true of people who are yelling, which generally doesn’t seem to be the case for the people who stand just to stand. Your being on two legs isn’t virtuous, and it doesn’t magically help the team. Now squeeze your nuts harder, and maybe, just maybe they’ll feel it and pull through for you. Whoop!

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Goodman said:

Ahh, I missed what our fighting while we're winning felt like. Standing vs. sitting, jersey colors & band pace fights while our team is winning are much better than bitching about how much our coaches suck and peak offseason. 

To be fair, we squabble about those things when we're losing as well.

On 9/24/2018 at 9:34 AM, ClubWhatever said:

Yeah I'm going to have to disagree with the Bob Cole act like a fan thing.  We don't need a radio personality or a joe fan doing the announcements.  Just get a no-nonsense sounding guy and tell him to STFU except for down and distance and yardline and who made the play.

What kind of college would do that?  What kind of fan would appreciate that?

10 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

giphy.gif

What is needlessly standing in your opinion?  I usually stand at least through 75% of game action.  I'll sit down during timeouts unless the crowd is really into it.  In my opinion, standing keeps me (fans) more engaged into what is going on in the game.  If I'm shelling out $150+ for tickets, I'm going to try and enjoy the game as much as possible.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Armybrat said:

No offense taken.

When the action dictates it, I'm standing and cheering like everybody else. But like I said standing the whole game is a recent thing. We used to make fun of aggy for yelling at their fellow turds to stand up all the time. Don't know when all that changed.

As for the young ones on the east side who think they are hot shit now, someday they will most likely eat their words when their balls are sagging in the terlet water like any other old fart. lol

At least I'm at the games showing as much support as I can, unlike half the younger crowd in our section with their faces stuck in their gottdam cellphones.

Standing is fine when it’s organic, but not when it’s a command from der Führer. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

It really isn’t to me. I just can’t stand the pompous assholes who think everyone else should have to accommodate them or “go get yourself a suite so you don’t have to stand up.”

Self awareness, how does it work? I can use the same argument. I don’t have to sit to accommodate you. Do you sit the entire time at a concert? What a great experience it would be to watch Metallica or Justin Timberlake while seated, only to get up for popcorn during the song breaks. It’s not a movie. There’s a reason people, including you, stand up on a long pass or run. They’re excited. Imagine being excited the entire game and letting the players feel that excitement and thus creating an environment filled with the anticipation of the next great play. Do you sit during the OU game in the cotton bowl? If so, what a sad, uneventful life you lead. Live your best life. There’re is more than just breathing in and out. You can sit at half time. It’s fucking fun. 

Hook ‘em

• Like 5

23 hours ago, HouTex said:

I'm thinking it changed during the Mack Brown years for a variety of reasons.   In the early 80's we (the Greeks) pretty much got a date for every game because there would be a pre- or post-game party at the frat house and everyone, especially the pledges, had a date.  You got a group of 2-4 friends and you gathered everyone's (including your date's) UT id and took them to Bellmont to draw your tickets--OU was a different process.  So on the east side (100% students back then with no upper deck) it was a bunch of people in groups of 4-8 people including dates watching the game, but also socializing.  It was like a cocktail party up in the stands with a game down below on the field.  Many of the non-Greeks would be in groups of 4-8 friends watching the game.  Of course, you'd stand up for big plays and at key times, but you mostly sat.  Dating stopped being such a thing around the Mack Brown years (I could be off a few years) and people started going to games in larger groups.  Standing in a large group makes more sense irrespective of what is happening on the field. 

A lot more non-Greeks took dates to games back then, too. Mrs. ImWP and I had our first date at the Texas vs UMiami (Jim Kelly @ QB) game in 1981. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Standing is fine when it’s organic, but not when it’s a command from der Führer. 

I disagree on this "organic" bullshit if only on a section by section basis. 

If you are in good health and every other Horns fan in your section is standing then stand the fuck up. If people in your section are standing that are in equal or worse health than you, I would hope that rubs off and you stand as well. 

If some are sitting some are standing wev. 

If you don't want to stand, buy a ticket in the upper deck or shell out $500 for a chair-back or suite. 

I mean for fuck's sake I stand up and yell at home if I'm super into the game...

4 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Self awareness, how does it work? I can use the same argument. I don’t have to sit to accommodate you. Do you sit the entire time at a concert? What a great experience it would be to watch Metallica or Justin Timberlake while seated, only to get up for popcorn during the song breaks. It’s not a movie. There’s a reason people, including you, stand up on a long pass or run. They’re excited. Imagine being excited the entire game and letting the players feel that excitement and thus creating an environment filled with the anticipation of the next great play. Do you sit during the OU game in the cotton bowl? If so, what a sad, uneventful life you lead. Live your best life. There’re is more than just breathing in and out. You can sit at half time. It’s fucking fun. 

Hook ‘em

Thank you. This needed to be brought up. The one OU game I've been to I think me and my pops and everyone around us were basically on our feet the entire game. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I disagree on this "organic" bullshit if only on a section by section basis. 

If you are in good health and every other Horns fan in your section is standing then stand the fuck up. If people in your section are standing that are in equal or worse health than you, I would hope that rubs off and you stand as well. 

If some are sitting some are standing wev. 

If you don't want to stand, buy a ticket in the upper deck or shell out $500 for a chair-back or suite. 

I mean for fuck's sake I stand up and yell at home if I'm super into the game...

I don’t think you got my point.